For all you Pearl lovers....

Maybe not, but the fact remains that this was a TRUE home loss to a mid-major. More or less unacceptable. Probably even more unacceptable than a "let-down" loss to say, USC on the road by 20. IMHbballO

It is a bad loss. No doubt about it. Everybody loses to these teams every now & then. Thats the beauty of College Basketball. Even the greatest team ever UNC has lost to these teams before. Tennessee has showed so far in the season that they can compete with anyone on any night. Personally I think this loss will help them, and they are going to make the deepest run ever in the tournament. Who knows what can happen? They might even bring the Championship to Knoxville. This team is very capable in my opinion.

It is a bad loss. No doubt about it. Everybody loses to these teams every now & then. Thats the beauty of College Basketball. Even the greatest team ever UNC has lost to these teams before. Tennessee has showed so far in the season that they can compete with anyone on any night. Personally I think this loss will help them, and they are going to make the deepest run ever in the tournament. Who knows what can happen? They might even bring the Championship to Knoxville. This team is very capable in my opinion.

Hope you're right, pimp.

I'd just much rather have had a home loss to Vandy, UK, Florida, or really any big opponent. I'd much rather lose to Oakland in Ohio or something on a neutral court. Not in TBA. If I check realtimeRPI.com tomorrow or whatever. I guarantee they'll have a "?" next to this one, where ?= questionable loss & $= money win. I didn't even see the game, but I'm kind of glad I didn't. I about shat myself when I got to a bar & looked up at the ticker. Just not good.

This is why these games are called trap games.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Atrapitis.gif

Hope you're right, pimp.

I'd just much rather have had a home loss to Vandy, UK, Florida, or really any big opponent. I'd much rather lose to Oakland in Ohio or something on a neutral court. Not in TBA. If I check realtimeRPI.com tomorrow or whatever. I guarantee they'll have a "?" next to this one, where ?= questionable loss & $= money win. I didn't even see the game, but I'm kind of glad I didn't. I about shat myself when I got to a bar & looked up at the ticker. Just not good.

Well, if we have to lose, I'd rather lose to Oakland than lose any conference game.

It's not easy to tell, because plenty on here seem to think the program will evaporate without Pearl.

The program wouldn't evaporate, but you better believe Pearl is a da** good coach. Whether you want to admit it or not is up to you but it is the truth. Also, it was going to take a certain type of coach to reinvigorate this program. Pearl, I believe, was one of very few who could have pulled it off. Having a high acumen for Xs and Os wasn't enouth

Maybe not, but the fact remains that this was a TRUE home loss to a mid-major. More or less unacceptable. Probably even more unacceptable than a "let-down" loss to say, USC on the road by 20. IMHbballO

Losing to USC on the road by 20 was much worse than what happened last night

Hope you're right, pimp.

Your values are backwards then. This loss to a good Oakland team isn't nearly as bad as a home loss to an SEC team. Not even close

Your values are backwards then. This loss to a good Oakland team isn't nearly as bad as a home loss to an SEC team. Not even close

This! a loss now doesn't kill us, and anyone who thinks so doesn't see the grand scheme of things..

5-5. 1-26 against Top 25 teams. Need I say more?

Their losses are

@WVU by 14
@ #9 Purdue by 15
@ Wright State by 3 (only suspect loss)
@ #17 Illinois by 9
@ #8 Michigan State by 1

Theyre 2-0 in conference with a win (on the road) over RPI #1 and #7 ranked coaches poll Volunteers.

There isnt a team in the country that would be better than 8-3 with that schedule. I dont know where some of you come off saying Oakland is a bad team. Ask Tom Izzo, Bob Huggins, and Bruce Weber what they think.

VN Store

Back