For all the Kiffin lovers.....

I strongly disliked him for years, now, I don't like the guy.
He left for his dream job (we all would have).
He tried to recruit to said job (sleazy but it's NCAA football).
His recruiting class was solid and might have panned out under him.
Tyler Bray under Kiffin would probably be an all-time great QB under him.
NCAA investigations suck but based on his track record, it wouldn't have been the norm.

Other than quitting on Tennessee, I have nothing to dislike him for.

He dipped his wick in Tennessee, but he didn't "screw" UT. Look no farther than UT "management" for that honor....

Well I didn’t say lots of folks or other folks didn’t screw Tennessee too.

As many did along the way.

Lane made his choices, one of those screwed Tennessee…….and helped to screw his career for a while.

he just had better management than Tennessee and recuperated much sooner…………that is “if” Tennessee has.

Well I didn’t say lots of folks or other folks didn’t screw Tennessee too.

As many did along the way.

Lane made his choices, one of those screwed Tennessee…….and helped to screw his career for a while.

he just had better management than Tennessee and recuperated much sooner…………that is “if” Tennessee has.
I don't fault Lane for jumping for his "dream job" and make no mistake, USC was his dream job. My only issue with Lane in that whole deal was the 11th hour calling recruits and telling them not to go to class so they could get out of their LOI. Supposedly it was Orgeron doing the calling but Lane sure as hell knew about and was ok with it..

Other than that, me and Lane are cool... 😎

Reactions: JoAllan
He's not a HC, maybe in title, but not in maturity and/or leadership. I've rarely seen a "reverse career", going from HC in the pros to NCAA Div I to NCAA Div II, to OC back in D1. He exhibits his inability to overcome personal weaknesses...that is having a pulse on defense. Still amazes anyone will hire him as a HC with expectations of actually accomplishing tangible goals. As HC he's an interim step at best.

I don't fault Lane for jumping for his "dream job" and make no mistake, USC was his dream job. My only issue with Lane in that whole deal was the 11th hour calling recruits and telling them not to go to class so they could get out of their LOI. Supposedly it was Orgeron doing the calling but Lane sure as hell knew about and was ok with it..

Other than that, me and Lane are cool... 😎

really folks “shouldn’t” blame him for leaving……..it’s just the how he did it and what all he did.

I don’t really like or hate him. He suffered as well…….and for me what happened afterwards was…….sheesh…….where and when everything fell off the wagon.

Don’t hate Lane……but I almost seriously hate Pruitt.

really folks “shouldn’t” blame him for leaving……..it’s just the how he did it and what all he did.

I don’t really like or hate him. He suffered as well…….and for me what happened afterwards was…….sheesh…….where and when everything fell off the wagon.

Don’t hate Lane……but I almost seriously hate Pruitt.
I hate what Pruitt did here, but I almost feel sorry for that guy. He has an ENORMOUSLY inflated opinion of himself bordering on mental illness (IMO) and he is seriously disliked by more than just Tennessee fans..

Remember, I said almost... 😎

Reactions: JoAllan
Caleb needs an editor. So many words with little to say. How can a guy publish hundreds of articles that still sound like middle-school essays?

Hamilton started the fire. Kiffin just spread it.

Hamilton gathered all the firewood he could find. He placed all the firewood in the middle of a forest during an extreme drought.. He doused the firewood with gas. He bought matches. He lit the match. He handed the lit match to Kiffin. Kiffin dropped the match. Instead of using water to put out the fire, Hamilton doused it with more gas.

Reactions: Voltopia
Hamilton gathered all the firewood he could find. He placed all the firewood in the middle of a forest during an extreme drought.. He doused the firewood with gas. He bought matches. He lit the match. He handed the lit match to Kiffin. Kiffin dropped the match. Instead of using water to put out the fire, Hamilton went around to all the Tennessee donors asking for more money to put out the fire, and then took all their money and threw it on top of the fire and was surprised when the piles of money didn't extinguish the blaze -- and as the flames rose ever higher was heard to exclaim "hmm that didn't work, we'll have to try using even more money!" to no one in particular.

Enhanced that for you.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
Monte was on our staff and was doing paid defensive coaches training at USC and wearing USC logo clothing while doing so. We should have fired the entire bunch on the spot right then and there, in hindsight.

VERY surprised no one has mentioned he and Monte hanging out at Calhoun's tonight lol
Wuuut? If I'd have known they were coming, I'd have driven six hours and waited outside to meet (worship) him. I wouldn't have gone inside to have a taste of what they call barbecue. Tried it once, give me the real stuff.

1) Lane doesn't coach for UT.

2) Lane coaches against UT.

3) Lane recruits against UT in our backyard.

Not even counting the sordid history he has here, those 3 reasons alone should be enough.

Kiffin took the job. He should never have been up for it after what Al Davis told everyone about him. Hamilton was a bone head. Gary Patterson was up for the same job. He is still at TCU and beat the breaks off a very good Ole Miss team meanwhile Tennessee has hired: Kiffin, Dooley, Butch, Pruitt and now Huepel.

jump-like-a-horse-jump.gif

Reactions: The Ron Mexico

VN Store

Back