For all the Kiffin lovers.....

Some of you are gullible into thinking Kiffin cares or regrets leaving Tennessee.

He’ll continue to troll the idiots in this fanbase whom will worship him no matter what action he takes. He’s thriving off your attention and you’re too stupid to even realize it.

And the whole “Your ex left you. Get over it” argument is so old and played out.

Some of you are gullible into thinking Kiffin cares or regrets leaving Tennessee.

He’ll continue to troll the idiots in this fanbase whom will worship him no matter what action he takes. He’s thriving off your attention and you’re too stupid to even realize it.

And the whole “Your ex left you. Get over it” argument is so old and played out.
It should just start at he's not very good.

Once again, this has nothing to do with betrayal or him leaving if you read the original post. It's about the QB's we had committed to us that didn't "fit" his system when he first arrived. Two QB's with the exact same skill set as his current QB at Ole Miss.

Wait…..a coach evolved his scheme?!?! I AM SHOCKED!!

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
The deal with his contract had a lot to do with the staff he brought in. The weak contract was mostly by his design to get the money necessary for his all star staff. If he'd have stayed, and we didn't end up in NCAA jail we were on the verge of amassing multiple top 5 classes.

He would have done good things here….without Boyd or Petty….

No I was there and know the whole story...But once again...Sigh...what the hell does that have to do with this weekends game?!?!?...Hell half of you wanted his ass back before we hired CJH.
Bro relax. It’s a forum, people can talk about stuff that that interests them. Who the hell do you think you are? 😂

Reactions: volinthenorth
I would like to remind you that he started the fall of the Vol program. Let me explain. It's not because he bailed in the middle of the night and tried to steal our entire recruiting class. It's because of what he did long before that. When he was hired, we had two QB's committed that he told to look elsewhere because they didn't fit his system. Their names were Tajh Boyd and Bryce Petty. Boyd landed at Clemson and led to their rise in prominence. The only QB's better than Boyd in Clemson history are Deshaun Watson and Trevor Lawrence, who neither likely end up there without the career that Boyd had. Petty went on to become a record setting QB at Baylor. They both would be eventual Heisman Trophy finalists. Please take your Kiffin love affair and your Vol card elsewhere. To love Kiffin, is to love the decimation of this program.
Good to see another kiffin thread and another kiffin hater that can't let $hit go that happened over 10 years ago.

I would like to remind you that he started the fall of the Vol program. Let me explain. It's not because he bailed in the middle of the night and tried to steal our entire recruiting class. It's because of what he did long before that. When he was hired, we had two QB's committed that he told to look elsewhere because they didn't fit his system. Their names were Tajh Boyd and Bryce Petty. Boyd landed at Clemson and led to their rise in prominence. The only QB's better than Boyd in Clemson history are Deshaun Watson and Trevor Lawrence, who neither likely end up there without the career that Boyd had. Petty went on to become a record setting QB at Baylor. They both would be eventual Heisman Trophy finalists. Please take your Kiffin love affair and your Vol card elsewhere. To love Kiffin, is to love the decimation of this program.
Good to see another kiffin thread and another kiffin hater that can't let $hit go that happened over 10 years ago.

The fall started under Fulmer, Kiffin just helped it along at its beginning stages.

Hard to win under those circumstances….come to think of it I can’t think of a successful head football coach with 30 fewer schollies than their opponents every single week.
He knew the situation going into it, but I never had an issue with him leaving for his dream job. His tactics in his exit were less desirable.

Kiffy screwed us silly in what was an unprecedented move that I can't recall ever happening before nor do I recall it happening since. A coach leaving a major program for another one after less than a full year on the job and trying to rob the coffers on the way out. USC asked Sarkisian to do it first but he said it would be a real slimeball move to do it to Washington after a year on the job and he turned them down. It's perfectly okay as a Vol fan to dislike Kiffin for what he did and to not let it go. Rivalry and dislike are what fuel college football and make it so great. It's very weird to somehow like Kiffin now as a Vol fan.

There’s plenty of blame to go around when discussing who’s responsible for the current state of Tennessee football to include Fulmer, Hamilton, Haslam…..the list goes on. But make no mistake about it. How much blame Kiffin deserves is debatable but he isn’t completely blameless.

The fall started under Fulmer, Kiffin just helped it along at its beginning stages.
He definitely served as an accelerant. I loved the energy and excitement he brought to the program. I loved the work he did in transforming Crompton. But from the beginning, I thought he made a huge mistake in telling two committed QB's to look elsewhere. I always felt like Pruitt made the exact same mistake. Although Penix and Martinez haven't proven to be near as good as good as Boyd and Petty. They both would have been an upgrade to JG.

Reactions: kptvol1452
Kiffy screwed us silly in what was an unprecedented move that I can't recall ever happening before nor do I recall it happening since. A coach leaving a major program for another one after less than a full year on the job and trying to rob the coffers on the way out. USC asked Sarkisian to do it first but he said it would be a real slimeball move to do it to Washington after a year on the job and he turned them down. It's perfectly okay as a Vol fan to dislike Kiffin for what he did and to not let it go. Rivalry and dislike are what fuel college football and make it so great. It's very weird to somehow like Kiffin now as a Vol fan.
Well stated

He may have passed on Boyd, but the QB he chose is 4th all time.in passing yards and TDs. So I don't really think missing on Boyd was that big of a deal.

Now his one recruiting class (full of busts and criminals) is what really set us back.

I've never really understood the fascination with the guy.

His one season here he:

lost to a 7-6 UCLA team.

Beat a pedestrian 8-5 UGA team (Vols most complete game of season)

Lost to and 8-5 Auburn team

Beat 7-6 SC team

Lost by 25 to a 9-4 Ole Miss team

Won in OT to a 7-6 UK team

Lost by 23 to a solid Va Tech team, but appeared totally unprepared. Looked as if they spent all their bowl prep working on runs up the gut.

I just never got what the big deal was

Last edited:
Absolutely correct on those two QB"s. Fulmer had already secured both of those commitments. I think the coach we have now if given the chance may just be what we have been searching for. Go Vols!!!

He may have passed on Boyd, but the QB he chose is 4th all time.in passing yards and TDs. So I don't really think missing on Boyd was that big of a deal.

Now his one recruiting class (full of busts and criminals) is what really set us back.

I've never really understood the fascination with the guy.

His one season here he:

lost to a 7-6 UCLA team.

Beat a pedestrian 8-5 UGA team (Vols most complete game of season)

Lost to and 8-5 Auburn team

Beat 7-6 SC team

Lost by 25 to a 9-4 Ole Miss team

Won in OT to a 7-6 UK team

Lost by 23 to a solid Va Tech team, but appeared totally unprepared. Looked as if they spent all their bowl prep working on runs up the gut.

I just never got what the big deal was
I’m with you. The first clue should have been his time with the Raiders. It should have been clear to everyone that he was so woefully unprepared to be a head coach anywhere, much less in the NFL. That was historically bad. But Mike Hamilton ran right out and scooped him up. The embarrassing part though, is that all he did was come in and run his mouth a few times in very stupid ways, and Vol fans got all tingly over his “swagger”. The guy has never built a program, never sustained a program, and if the QB rooms in this game were reversed, Kiffin would be on the wrong side of a prison rape. He is just not very good. I’ll never understand the mass adulation.

Although all that is accurate in regards to how he handled Boyd, Petty and even Cam Newton. He was not what started the fall of the Vol program. The second half of the SECCG in 2001 is where the slow bleed started.

Once again, this has nothing to do with betrayal or him leaving if you read the original post. It's about the QB's we had committed to us that didn't "fit" his system when he first arrived. Two QB's with the exact same skill set as his current QB at Ole Miss.

His offense now is not what he ran in 2009, even Saban went after him to run his offense because he was one of the last Pro-Style OC's in the game. Kiffin evolved as the game evolved.

VN Store

Back