For all the Kiffin lovers.....

bigl3327

I would like to remind you that he started the fall of the Vol program. Let me explain. It's not because he bailed in the middle of the night and tried to steal our entire recruiting class. It's because of what he did long before that. When he was hired, we had two QB's committed that he told to look elsewhere because they didn't fit his system. Their names were Tajh Boyd and Bryce Petty. Boyd landed at Clemson and led to their rise in prominence. The only QB's better than Boyd in Clemson history are Deshaun Watson and Trevor Lawrence, who neither likely end up there without the career that Boyd had. Petty went on to become a record setting QB at Baylor. They both would be eventual Heisman Trophy finalists. Please take your Kiffin love affair and your Vol card elsewhere. To love Kiffin, is to love the decimation of this program.

Cracks me up how obsessed our fans are with this guy...He just left for his dream job and for some odd reason fans are still butt hurt over it...It's just a job...He went out west and made TWICE what they were paying him here...I honestly can't says I blame him one bit...But oh he's the devil because of it lol...Hilarious.

Cracks me up how obsessed our fans are with this guy...He just left for his dream job and for some odd reason fans are still butt hurt over it...It's just a job...He went out west and made TWICE what they were paying him here...I honestly can't says I blame him one bit...But oh he's the devil because of it lol...Hilarious.
Did you not even read my post. It has nothing to do with him leaving for USC, and that is stated early on.

I wonder if they could arrest him at the 50 yard line for that back pay on that hair cut I don't think he ever paid? Now that would be worth the price the ticket.

Everybody knows the story dude, you are just repeating over and over what everybody else knows and has said...Once again, Obsessed with him...Get over it.
Far from obsessed dude, and many are not aware. Just like they aren't aware of much of what goes on with the current team until they are informed. If you don't want to hear about Kiffin, then don't go into threats that clearly have KIFFIN in the title.

I would like to remind you that he started the fall of the Vol program. Let me explain. It's not because he bailed in the middle of the night and tried to steal our entire recruiting class. It's because of what he did long before that. When he was hired, we had two QB's committed that he told to look elsewhere because they didn't fit his system. Their names were Tajh Boyd and Bryce Petty. Boyd landed at Clemson and led to their rise in prominence. The only QB's better than Boyd in Clemson history are Deshaun Watson and Trevor Lawrence, who neither likely end up there without the career that Boyd had. Petty went on to become a record setting QB at Baylor. They both would be eventual Heisman Trophy finalists. Please take your Kiffin love affair and your Vol card elsewhere. To love Kiffin, is to love the decimation of this program.

The decimation of the program begin when Mike Hamilton did what no other AD in America does....he nuked Kiffin's buyout just to save a couple hundred thousand dollars to fit his salary under an arbitrary $2MM figure. If Hamilton was competent and did not nuke the buyout, USCw does not come calling (i.e. - see RIck Barnes and UCLA). I don't have the love for Kiffin that many have on here but I am not going to hold it against him to get a 70% raise to move back to a familar place, for a better job, and not working for a boss that he knows was cheap.

Kiffin deserves blame for how he left but the initial demise of our program lays primarily at the feet of Mike Hamilton.

I have a huge problem with what he done. Leaving for a dream job? Ok. Devastating a program that gave you a job, not to mention the fans that he messed over and the kids that were still here. He is a low life in that point of his life. Has he changed? I sure hope he has. I think he is a great coach, but he wasn’t much of a person to betray a university, players and fan base. Also I am not obsessed with him, he is just another coach that needs to lose to the Vols in my opinion.

Reactions: usagary
Far from obsessed dude, and many are not aware. Just like they aren't aware of much of what goes on with the current team until they are informed. If you don't want to hear about Kiffin, then don't go into threats that clearly have KIFFIN in the title.
What he did 12 years ago has absolutely nothing to do with this saturday...Not one player on this team played for him or hardly even knows who the hell he even is....People like YOU are the problem..And I said let it go...Your just spinning your wheels for attention and for your information i'll go into any damn thread I want.

I have a huge problem with what he done. Leaving for a dream job? Ok. Devastating a program that gave you a job, not to mention the fans that he messed over and the kids that were still here. He is a low life in that point of his life. Has he changed? I sure hope he has. I think he is a great coach, but he wasn’t much of a person to betray a university, players and fan base. Also I am not obsessed with him, he is just another coach that needs to lose to the Vols in my opinion.

He didn't betray the university. He abided by the terms of the contract that he signed with UT. Remember, in exchange for taking a lower salary to stay under Hamilton's arbitrary $2MM head coach salary, we nuked the buyout. We took a risk (that no other school takes by the way) and it blew up in our face. To save a couple hundred thousand annually, we essentially nuked our football program.

Yes, Kiffin could have left a little more mature but his departure was as much our own doing as it was his.

Did Heupel betray UCF?

He didn't betray the university. He abided by the terms of the contract that he signed with UT. Remember, in exchange for taking a lower salary to stay under Hamilton's arbitrary $2MM head coach salary, we nuked the buyout. We took a risk (that no other school takes by the way) and it blew up in our face.

Yes, Kiffin could have left a little more mature but his departure was as much our own doing as it was his.

Did Heupel betray UCF?
Sorry might have messed that up in replying. No, I said ok for leaving for his dream job. I have no problem with him going home. I think it is shabby to clean house with recruits and leave the team the way he did it. I don’t have any hate for him at all but He knows it was shady with how he left. I also know we had knuckleheads making decisions. Sorry also betrayal may have been to harsh but I felt that way when he left and I am just a fan.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stonewall83
The decimation of the program begin when Mike Hamilton did what no other AD in America does....he nuked Kiffin's buyout just to save a couple hundred thousand dollars to fit his salary under an arbitrary $2MM figure. If Hamilton was competent and did not nuke the buyout, USCw does not come calling (i.e. - see RIck Barnes and UCLA). I don't have the love for Kiffin that many have on here but I am not going to hold it against him to get a 70% raise to move back to a familar place, for a better job, and not working for a boss that he knows was cheap.

Kiffin deserves blame for how he left but the initial demise of our program lays primarily at the feet of Mike Hamilton.
Once again, this has nothing to do with betrayal or him leaving if you read the original post. It's about the QB's we had committed to us that didn't "fit" his system when he first arrived. Two QB's with the exact same skill set as his current QB at Ole Miss.

Once again, this has nothing to do with betrayal or him leaving if you read the original post. It's about the QB's we had committed to us that didn't "fit" his system when he first arrived. Two QB's with the exact same skill set as his current QB at Ole Miss.
Yeah, like i already said, WE ALREADY KNOW THE STORY!!...MOST OF US WERE HERE WHEN HE DID THAT STUFF!! LMAO!!!...My god

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
I think you are ignorant to the **** he pulled on his way out with UT commits and UT property. It was bs.

I think you are ignorant to the **** he pulled on his way out with UT commits. It was bs.
No I was there and know the whole story...But once again...Sigh...what the hell does that have to do with this weekends game?!?!?...Hell half of you wanted his ass back before we hired CJH.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol

In hindsight, passing on Boyd hurt and was a mistake. I think Kiffin wanted to find and sign his guy. Had our AD been competent enough to offer a contract that would have kept him here for several years, he likely would have developed a good QB. Look at what he did with Crompton in 1 year.

Again, the decimation of the program was largely at the feet of Mike Hamilton and not Lane. Had Hamilton been competent and did his job, USCw doesn't come calling since they weren't going to pay several million to buy Kiffin out.

Reactions: VOLnMiami
In hindsight, passing on Boyd hurt and was a mistake. I think Kiffin wanted to find and sign his guy. Had our AD been competent enough to offer a contract that would have kept him here for several years, he likely would have developed a good QB. Look at what he did with Crompton in 1 year.

Again, the decimation of the program was largely at the feet of Mike Hamilton and not Lane. Had Hamilton been competent and did his job, USCw doesn't come calling since they weren't going to pay several million to buy Kiffin out.
The deal with his contract had a lot to do with the staff he brought in. The weak contract was mostly by his design to get the money necessary for his all star staff. If he'd have stayed, and we didn't end up in NCAA jail we were on the verge of amassing multiple top 5 classes.

No I was there and know the whole story...But once again...Sigh...what the hell does that have to do with this weekends game?!?!?...Hell half of you wanted his ass back before we hired CJH.
Never wanted his ass back. And don't understand the desire to burn him at the stake nor why there are some who think he's elite. His history shows he's an idiot.

VN Store

Back