For all the Kiffin lovers.....

So you are going to nit pick that one little thing. What about giving up 62 to ASU in a job he had to be a colossal tool to take to begin with, and then getting fired while getting off the bus? What about getting fired after less than one season by Al Davis, who called him a liar? What about the fact that his record at Ole Miss is only 8-8 so far?

Heck, Butch Jones won two American Conference championships at Cincy, and we know how that worked out when he moved to the SEC.

42-7 in the fourth vs bama...he's a snake oil salesman!

But you are apparently buying.

Like I said, PM me if you want to hear about a great investment opportunity. It can't miss!
Sorry but I tend to veer away from people offering investments when they have no clue what they are talking about.

Are you sure? You seem to have bought Kiffin's BS hook line and sinker.
How do you figure?...I give credit where credit is due...Not my fault your blind to the fact he is a decent coach...Hell he even had a winning record here...And at USC even tho he was fired...And at FAU...Keep on rambling its hilarious...I hope we beat the brakes off Ole Miss this weekend but if Kiffin beats us guys like you will be ready to jump off a bridge.

How do you figure?...I give credit where credit is due...Not my fault your blind to the fact he is a decent coach...Hell he even had a winning record here...And at USC even tho he was fired...And at FAU...Keep on rambling its hilarious...I hope we beat the brakes off Ole Miss this weekend but if Kiffin beats us guys like you will be ready to jump off a bridge.

Yeah. He went 7-6 with a ton of talent left over from Fulmer days that included very embarassing losses to Ole Miss and in the bowl game. Did beat Gerogia and scare bammer, but it was at best a mixed bag. Finebaum actually said on the air a couple days ago that his single season was a "Big improvement". Of course Finebaum is FOS anyway, but going from 5-7 to 7-5 is hardly a "big improvement".

I never said he wasn't 'decent', just that he is vastly overrated. There seem to be quite a few that consider him some type of elite coach, and he is far from that.

His time at SC was atrocious, don't know how you think it was any good. He was definitely fired for cause.

Jump off a bridge? Hardly. I booed as loud as anyone when he returned as the bammer OC in 2014, but I got over it. Still want to see him become a smudge in the path of Heupel on Saturday though.

He knew the situation going into it, but I never had an issue with him leaving for his dream job. His tactics in his exit were less desirable.

I don’t think he did TBH….I think the Bush penalty is the last massive penalty the NCAA ever hands down.

His exit tactics were absolutely trash, no arguments there.

Reactions: bigl3327
I don't think you know what a hater is. I didn't give a damn about Kiffin last week and won't give a damn about Kiffin next week. But this week he is playing the Vols. The fact that it bothers you so much indicates that YOU might be the one masking something. Forgive and forget? Dude, it's not like anybody drove to Oxford and rolled his house or something. When I played college football, I used anything I could for a competitive mental edge the week of the game. I carry the same approach as a fan.
I'm definitely not masking anything in fact my posts are pretty clear as to what I'm saying

Yeah, because the Manning seasons just sucked didn't they? smh.....[/QUOTETgats what yi

Thought we wanted championships? It doesn’t matter but your boy startwd this **** show plain and simple and he continued his crap for 20 years- (see last 3 seasons.) So keep making excuses, pouting, and pointing fingers at kiffin if u want.

I'm a Kiffin fan - love the interest he generates for his program and he's been successful. It's Monte I'm not a fan of...

Monte actually begged his son "Don't do that to these people." In more recent times he said the following:
Monte Kiffin saw me today and cracked, "Its good to see somebody from Tennessee still talks to Lane. … We never should have left there." pic.twitter.com/UGzxJD37wv
— Chris Low (@ClowESPN) March 30, 2017
The poor guy got caught up in being forced to be family regarding his son. But he didn't want and didn't like what that boy did. Years ago, I had to stand by of my kids who did something at school that I certainly didn't raise her to do. Nobody, especially a child should be kicked while they're down by so-called adults. So I did my duty. But when I got her home, by golly, you can be sure she rehabilitated and never repeated that behavior again. So, I can feel for Monte, you can raise your kids to the best of your ability, but when they walk out the front door, you can only pray and hope they listened and do what's right.

I would like to remind you that he started the fall of the Vol program. Let me explain. It's not because he bailed in the middle of the night and tried to steal our entire recruiting class. It's because of what he did long before that. When he was hired, we had two QB's committed that he told to look elsewhere because they didn't fit his system. Their names were Tajh Boyd and Bryce Petty. Boyd landed at Clemson and led to their rise in prominence. The only QB's better than Boyd in Clemson history are Deshaun Watson and Trevor Lawrence, who neither likely end up there without the career that Boyd had. Petty went on to become a record setting QB at Baylor. They both would be eventual Heisman Trophy finalists. Please take your Kiffin love affair and your Vol card elsewhere. To love Kiffin, is to love the decimation of this program.

PHILLIP FULMER started the fall of the football program and then threw more gas on the fire as AD. How that can be denied is beyond me.

That said, I’d love nothing more than to beat Kiffy and Ole Miss tomorrow night.

Reactions: vol05
PHILLIP FULMER started the fall of the football program and then threw more gas on the fire as AD. How that can be denied is beyond me.

That said, I’d love nothing more than to beat Kiffy and Ole Miss tomorrow night.
I agree that Fulmer had the matches and the kindling. Kiffin was supposed to put that fire out. Instead he brought a 10 gallon can of gasoline to dump on it.

I normally like him but not this week.

This week I hope we embarrass him and make him leave the game crying.

I agree that Fulmer had the matches and the kindling. Kiffin was supposed to put that fire out. Instead he brought a 10 gallon can of gasoline to dump on it.

Admittedly, I haven't gone back and read every post in this thread. I think I can imagine it's contents. However, what did Kiffin do to dump a "10 gallon can of gasoline" on it? If he stayed, I think he would have won big here. NCAA stuff was just minor secondary stuff. The person that dumped the gas on it was Hamilton. Had he just named Kippy the Interim HC for 2010 and run an actual, legitimate search at the end of the 2010 season, we would be in a much better spot, in my opinion. Rushing to hire Dooley was the big blunder, not Kiffin.

As to your original point about running Boyd and Petty off, I do see your point. At that time, nobody knew he would bolt after a year. I don't blame him for not taking them. If he would have stayed, could you imagine the offense he would have had with Bray slinging it all over the place? In hindsight, it was a bad deal. I think looking back now everybody would have wanted things done differently. If we would have known what we know now, I would have wanted Fulmer to stay (I didn't disagree with the decision to let him go at the time). He would have had Boyd at QB, and who knows what would have happened. As it stands, I was pumped up about having Kiffin and still wish he would have stayed.

Water under the bridge. Go Vols...Go Coach JH!!!

While Hamilton made the historically terrible hire in Kiffin who had just been fired for ethics, considering we could at the time have hired Patterson or a number of highly successful experienced HC since we were only one year removed from an East championship and had a loaded roster including Eric Berry, there are plenty of facts of how Kiffin harmed our program that was under his direct control.
1) running off the two high quality qb’s mentioned at beginning while getting no replacement in one recruiting class he completed. Boyd was the first highly successful an and helped build up Clemson.
2) taking a #7 nationally ranked class (from Fulmer) and bringing in a bunch of thugs and busts instead.
3) firing our entire defensive staff that under Chavis was top 5 in the country and was way worse under Kiffin. Made a nepotism hire in his over the hill dad and way over paid him.
3) the team got worse as season went on with horrible late season losses to Ole Miss and Va Tech. ( I sat thru this disgusting bowl performance.)
4) had zero wins over any team with a winning conference record. The Ga win was nice but they were only 4-4 in SEC. Note big win over Ga in 07 when they ended up #2 in nation far better.
5) left us in the lurch leaving after only one year and only two weeks before recruiting deadline. While his contract allowed this, this not a classy thing to do. Sarkasian was offered the USC job first but refused because it would be unfair to his employer where he had only been for one year.
6) Completely unethically tried to steal our recruits going out the door.
7) stuck his finger in the eye on the NCAA over minor things, which in my view was a big part of why the NCAA came down hard. Because we were vulnerable in football and wanted to protect the football program, we threw Pearl under the bus.

In summary, any open minded Tennessee fan should realize the extraordinary harm that the Kiffin mistake brought to our program. The original poster is correct.
Hamilton didn’t just pass on Patterson, he completely pissed the man off. Most unprofessional AD we’ve ever had and considering we had Fulmer that’s saying something.

This. Fulmer nuked our program bc he got lazy and complacent post ‘98. Our ‘01 NFL farm team should have won it all but Fulmer screwed the pooch. Cut was the only discipline and winning process Fulmer’s program ever had. Letting Fulmer back in as AD was almost our nuclear winter.

So quit whining about Kiffin. Home boy owns the blame.
No one was beating Miami in 01

Admittedly, I haven't gone back and read every post in this thread. I think I can imagine it's contents. However, what did Kiffin do to dump a "10 gallon can of gasoline" on it? If he stayed, I think he would have won big here. NCAA stuff was just minor secondary stuff. The person that dumped the gas on it was Hamilton. Had he just named Kippy the Interim HC for 2010 and run an actual, legitimate search at the end of the 2010 season, we would be in a much better spot, in my opinion. Rushing to hire Dooley was the big blunder, not Kiffin.

As to your original point about running Boyd and Petty off, I do see your point. At that time, nobody knew he would bolt after a year. I don't blame him for not taking them. If he would have stayed, could you imagine the offense he would have had with Bray slinging it all over the place? In hindsight, it was a bad deal. I think looking back now everybody would have wanted things done differently. If we would have known what we know now, I would have wanted Fulmer to stay (I didn't disagree with the decision to let him go at the time). He would have had Boyd at QB, and who knows what would have happened. As it stands, I was pumped up about having Kiffin and still wish he would have stayed.

Water under the bridge. Go Vols...Go Coach JH!!!
Do you remember "Lacygate"? This was a huge part of Hamilton's decision to hire Dooley. He was in a hurry to find the "anti Kiffin". At the time there was a panic among the administration because of all the stories surfacing around that situation. Dooley was a squeaky clean "safe" hire. Kiffin's immoral and very questionable recruiting tactics are what led to that upon his abrupt departure. Not to mention the shady stunt he and Orgeron pulled in an attempt to dismantle that recruiting class.

Do you remember "Lacygate"? This was a huge part of Hamilton's decision to hire Dooley. He was in a hurry to find the "anti Kiffin". At the time there was a panic among the administration because of all the stories surfacing around that situation. Dooley was a squeaky clean "safe" hire. Kiffin's immoral and very questionable recruiting tactics are what led to that upon his abrupt departure. Not to mention the shady stunt he and Orgeron pulled in an attempt to dismantle that recruiting class.
I didn't say he was squeaky clean. I said all of his NCAA stuff were secondary violations ("Lacygate" included). Kippy Brown was about as anti-Kiffin as you could get from a personality standpoint. You give him the Interim title and run a thorough search during 2010. Hamilton panicked and set our program back for the next 10 years. Kiffin had nothing to do with it. If he stayed....we win big. If Hamilton doesn't eff it up, we don't go through the longest decade in our history.

I just looked up the list of all the head coaching changes from the 2010-11 offseason. Not one name on that list would’ve been worth nuking a year of recruiting with an interim staff. I’m not sure most of them would’ve been any better than Dooley tbh

Reactions: bigl3327

VN Store

Back