Football recruiting at a stalemate?

wow, thanks for the sarcasm. Go look at Georgia's recruiting so far and compare it to ours. We aren't doing so well right compared to others.

I am going to ask this because I really don't know (though I think I do)...do we ever have a lot of recruits at this time of year? There is no doubt that Georgia has been going nuts, though.

I am going to ask this because I really don't know (though I think I do)...do we ever have a lot of recruits at this time of year? There is no doubt that Georgia has been going nuts, though.

Thats the problem though, it seems every year more and more kids are commiting early.

traditionally we don't but the trend now looks like teams are snagging them early and we might be getting the leftovers.

That is a disturbing trend. Here in Georgia Richt is getting early commitments from most of the top recruits in the state. I think this demonstrates that Richt is closing the spigot on out of state recruiting on his turf. The same thing is happening in Alabama, Louisiana and Florida. I think this does not bode well for Phil's recruiting, since we depend so heavily on out of state prospects. It does concern me for sure.

That is a disturbing trend. Here in Georgia Richt is getting early commitments from most of the top recruits in the state. I think this demonstrates that Richt is closing the spigot on out of state recruiting on his turf. The same thing is happening in Alabama, Louisiana and Florida. I think this does not bode well for Phil's recruiting, since we depend so heavily on out of state prospects. It does concern me for sure.

No, there is much too much talent in Georgia for Richt to turn of the spigot. UT does very poorly in Georgia now for some reason, but Bama, Auburn, Florida, South Carolina, and LSU are all doing well.

Why should we be competitive in those states when we are not competitive in our own states.

We are a basketball school now.

Louisiana has had its borders closed since Saban was there, he's doing the same in Alabama. South Carolina is still a pretty good picking ground for us, we get an occasional recruit out of Georgia, and we still snipe a few out of Florida and North Carolina. The problem, despite our manhandling of UGA the past few years, is that the media still hypes them up. Georgia is the sexier team right now. This would be a great year for us to win the SEC. We'd have a bunch of great talent returning for next season, and it would pick up our recruiting.

I think recruits look at us about as appealing as playing for South Carolina nowadays. I know people will say we have had a couple of good recruiting classes but teams that win National Championships the last several years tend to reload every year instead of relying on one or two good classes every four years.

VN Store

Back