Football playoff in 2011?

You really learn a lot about the football knowledge of folks that are willing to put their credibility behind a statement like that. You are right about that though. There were some geniuses on here that called posters idiots for not support the OSU-UM rematch. People like that are always exposed eventually.

Believe me I know. I was basically told I knew nothing about football for being 100% against a OSU/UM rematch. Oddly, those people could not be found after the BCS title game.

I wouldn't contest USC, don't contest them now. Would just rather see a reaonable amount of teams fight it out and besides there is not a USC every year.

Yea there would be a UT uproar, just as there would have been if we went undefearted with The Citadel on our schedule.

The #5 team will always be upset if they don't get a shot. But tough. They are #5 for a reason. Win all your games and you are in. Don't and you have no one to blame but yourself.

ok let's put it this way. what about if it was LSU undefeated and florida with one loss (only to LSU). Would you think that is idiotic? The argument that was made is if those are the two best teams than those are the teams that should play for the NC. My argument all along though was that no one can really know who the best two teams are. Michigan had their chance to play for the NC and lost.

My question: would you feel differently if it was 2 sec teams?

No. Michigan had their chance at the Buckeyes and blew it. In college football, your chances should be limited. That's what makes it special. It'd be no different between two SEC teams.

The #5 team will always be upset if they don't get a shot. But tough. They are #5 for a reason. Win all your games and you are in. Don't and you have no one to blame but yourself.

I see your point about #5, but do not 100% completely agree with it. I don't know why college football teams are held to some standard everyone is not. Yea, I don't want 64 teams playing, but the smaller the field(right now 2), the more politics come into play with media rankings and so forth.

Anyway, I think any system (no matter how good) other than what we have right now is pretty unrealistic. I don't see any major changes in the near future.

I see your point about #5, but do not 100% completely agree with it. I don't know why college football teams are held to some standard everyone is not. Yea, I don't want 64 teams playing, but the smaller the field(right now 2), the more politics come into play with media rankings and so forth.

I don't think that is necessarily true. In 2005, I think teams 1 and 2 were more clearcut than teams 3 through 10.

I don't think that is necessarily true. In 2005, I think teams 1 and 2 were more clearcut than teams 3 through 10.

Yea it is not necessarily true but does happen. People do show favoritism. I would like to see ND,Texas, and WVU undefeated and see who gets that matchup. Everyone knows who would be left out. College football is ripe with people living off old reputations.

Because college football IS different. It's not pro football. Every game matters in college football. And to win the NC you have to have a special season. I agree the polls are a problem, but I like the fact that Tenn not showing up against Southern Miss could cost you guys a national championship. The more teams you put in a playoff system the less important the regular season is and the less special this sport is. Do you really want a situation where an undefeated USC team, for instance, rests it starters against UCLA (a historical rival) just because they know win or lose they are in the playoffs?

Yea it is not necessarily true but does happen. People do show favoritism. I would like to see ND,Texas, and WVU undefeated and see who gets that matchup. Everyone knows who would be left out. College football is ripe with people living off old reputations.

I have to partially disagree, yet again. I assume you are implying West Virginia would be left out. However, I'm not so sure. With all the lame preseason polls, I think the Irish would have a tough time catching up to the highly ranked Horns and Neers.

I disagree. No way ND gets left out of that game, in my opinion. Ending the season with a win over USC, frog leap.

I disagree. No way ND gets left out of that game, in my opinion. Ending the season with a win over USC, frog leap.

Agreed. Keep in mind that also means they beat michigan, maybe penn state, and probably one other historical program. If ND didn't make it, the NCAA would immedietly destroy the bcs.

Agreed. Keep in mind that also means they beat michigan, maybe penn state, and probably one other historical program. If ND didn't make it, the NCAA would immedietly destroy the bcs.

I'll sleep soundly tonight knowing there is no way in hell it will happen.

VN Store

Back