Football isn’t happening...

Yes, but in this environment, so you really think the almighty powers that be are going to use primarily black men to facilitate herd immunity through playing football? I’m no supporter of MSM, but you’d have to be living under a rock the last month not to understand the moral panic that has endured over racial issues. The narrative would write itself.

For the record, I want nothing more than a college football & sports season, if for no other reason than it may be the only thing that would keep the country from tearing each other apart over the next six months.

we shall see

and the band played on...

I happened to watch about 10 minutes of the local news yesterday. At every Juneteenth demonstration, almost every single person had a mask on.

But in Gatlinburg (this is not hyperbole), not one single person had a mask on. Not one.

We need to have Dolly trot out wearing a butterfly surgical mask, STAT.

1592659611387.png

Reactions: barney
Then there's Fla, SC, Ark, OK, and TX to name a few that's un-flattening the curve...
Again, The number of tests are going up rapidly, thus "new" cases are being uncovered. The CDC has now even admitted that they were combining the virus and antibody test results together. What is being reported as new infections are in large part people who have had the virus and recovered (an unknown number of those without even knowing they had it) with strong antibody presence. I don't believe a single one of the athletes that showed any symptoms at all. They are handling the virus like anyone with a healthy immune system does.

Stop buying the hyped up fear!

Last edited:
It's only a matter of time before a player or coach with pre-existing conditions gets seriously ill or dies. I can think of at least one player and a number of coaches on our team who are especially vulnerable to this disease.
The death rate is not 100% even for those with pre-existing conditions. Please don't act like having the virus in your system is an automatic death sentence. You have been watching too many zombie pandemic shows/movies.

“With breakouts like this and what’s already happening with MLB, I’d say it’s a done deal“

I tend to agree. Some leagues will give it the college try, but I’m concerned that it will collapse on itself. I think the same will be true of professional sports. This is nasty stuff.

JMHO

"All around the mulberry bush
The monkey chased the weasel
The monkey thought 'twas all in fun
Pop! goes the weasel"

This is the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread! LOL! CNN? Now there's a proven trustworthy source!:eek:

It's only a matter of time before a player or coach with pre-existing conditions gets seriously ill or dies. I can think of at least one player and a number of coaches on our team who are especially vulnerable to this disease.
That’s likely, but is that a good enough reason to shut these kids down? We live in a deadly world. Everyone is going to be exposed at some point. There will not be a true vaccine... it’s an RNA virus. Like HIV and the Flu. People are going to be faced with a choice. Accept the risk and carry on with life, or shut your life down until you die. I know which choice I’ll make, but I worry that the government will continue trying to make that choice for us

Way back in the 50's as a high school player, "we were told to try to pick up (steal) the other teams signals, just as they were trying to do the same. It was part of the game. As it is now.
Dude. I'm tawkin' steroids. H Geee H!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ about signals. That's parta the game.

Reactions: eek006
That’s likely, but is that a good enough reason to shut these kids down? We live in a deadly world. Everyone is going to be exposed at some point. There will not be a true vaccine... it’s an RNA virus. Like HIV and the Flu. People are going to be faced with a choice. Accept the risk and carry on with life, or shut your life down until you die. I know which choice I’ll make, but I worry that the government will continue trying to make that choice for us
The American people will not allow the Government to shut them down again when they see them allowing paid rioters like Antifa and BLM do whatever they want. There will be even more extreme social unrest if the Government tries to lock the American people in their homes again!

Last edited:
There ought to be some sort of scientific theory on how every FF thread will eventually turn into a JG thread, no matter the topic
And the NCAA would almost certainly grant all players an extra year of eligibility if the season were canceled anyway. So JG would probably be back for 2021.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

People with pre-existing conditions have run the risk of illness and death forever. The overwhelmingly vast majority of people who make contact with COVID-19 are absolutely fine.

Any other weak arguments up your sleeve?

F this BS

God and everyone on earth knows this is BS

sure there is a virus but until hospitalizations and deaths ramp up remarkably this is BS

Herd Immunity must occur
There is no assurance that it will occur. There are numerous documented cases of persons (mainly health care personnel) being infected more than one time. There will be no football this fall. I have been saying it since March.

There is no assurance that it will occur. There are numerous documented cases of persons (mainly health care personnel) being infected more than one time. There will be no football this fall. I have been saying it since March.
Yes there will be a 2020 college football season and the Government will not be able to lock down the American People in their homes again because they will refuse to be locked down. There is no way i'm wearing a mask or practicing social distancing since i've not done if at all since COVID 19 first entered the US.

Okay? We aren't in korea. They have less than 13k confirmed cases and less than 300 dead. Were at 2.2 million confirmed and almost 122k dead. Pretty big difference
You can use stats all day long for either side of this argument. Do you know how or even if they are still testing In Korea ? We are testing anyone and everyone non stop and we haven’t even tested a quarter of the US population. We probably reached heard immunity months ago because this thing didn’t just appear in March. My opinion is We peaked by the time the gov shut this thing down, we just didn’t have the tests to know any better.
Edit- why would Korea’s case/death number matter anyways, there is no vaccine and the virus didn’t just disappear.

My wife and I were discussing the vaccine subject Thursday, and I compared it to the Flu. The vaccine for Flu season is a best guess of which will be the prevalent strain that year. Covid-19 has mutated the last number I heard was nearly 40 times, so if a vaccine is found, the scientists and researchers will have to develop multiple vaccines and do the best guess on it as well. I'm 67 as of this past Thursday, and I go as I need to go, don't wear a mask, don't do the hand sanitizer thing, I do wash my hands after using the facilities, and I do the social distancing. I got tested a week ago Wednesday because there was a possibility of contact with a server at J Alexander's in Chattanooga. Test was negative. It's here among us, some will get it, some won't, some will die of it, some won't, same as the Flu. I have a very positive attitude about things so I will continue to do what I need to do. People, do what you think is best for you, and let's not criticize others who do what they think is best for them.

We’ll have to see how long any vaccine that proves effective keeps its efficacy. From the virus experts I’ve read, they are saying that the rate of mutations seen in Covid is slower than the rate seen in influenza. Also, so far, they think the type of mutations we are seeing aren’t likely to prevent efficacy from the currently being developed vaccines. There is some evidence from Italy that the mutations there are making the virus less lethal. All of this is good news but we need the virus to continue to be ‘stupid’ as we progress toward vaccines.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Okay? We aren't in korea. They have less than 13k confirmed cases and less than 300 dead. Were at 2.2 million confirmed and almost 122k dead. Pretty big difference

Not to make stereotypes here, but I think their culture is also WAY better at following instructions than us.

Counterpoint: Kim Jung Un.

Reactions: irish1485

VN Store

Back