Football isn’t happening...

This will blow your mind, and maybe show you that you are being lied to:
1) pick any 3 digit number
2) plug that number into a google search followed by "new cases"
3) pick another 3 digit number and do it again.

In honor of my Dad's birthday, I'll pick 311

View attachment 289131

This is one of the dumbest conspiracy theories I've seen in the midst of all this.

Last edited:
Yep and likely means there are tons and tons more people who are asymptomatic or at least showing mild symptoms, not sick enough to need medical care or even want to go in to get tested. That's if you believe that number being thrown out there.

Yep and likely means there are tons and tons more people who are asymptomatic or at least showing mild symptoms, not sick enough to need medical care or even want to go in to get tested. That's if you believe that number being thrown out there.
I assure you and everyone on here when its all said and done the number of people with antibodies is going to be surprisingly high....even for the far left rona bros on here.

I assure you and everyone on here when its all said and done the number of people with antibodies is going to be surprisingly high....even for the far left rona bros on here.
We just don’t know how long those antibodies last. There is a lot we will all learn as we are trying to make lots of assumptions with a virus that is still very young.

Asymptomatics are rare, almost like hens teeth. The CDC has yet to produce one. Why would that be? They don't know they have it as they don't feel ill. They don't get tested because they don't feel ill. Medicos cannot be found on any nation on Earth yanking people off the streets just to test them for Covid-19 which is about the only way you could actually find an asmyptomatic person. Assuming anyone that was at a gathering got their covid infection due to an asymptomatic person is so far removed from science that we need to dstart tossing virgins into volcanoes again. Most health orgnazations readily admit these folks are rare. After 14 days of being infected, they're over it without knowing they actually had it. Duh!! The actual number of asymptomatics are about as common as the offspring of unicorns and bigfoots which we see eating everyone's gardens up this summer.

Asymptomatics are rare, almost like hens teeth. The CDC has yet to produce one. Why would that be? They don't know they have it as they don't feel ill. They don't get tested because they don't feel ill. Medicos cannot be found on any nation on Earth yanking people off the streets just to test them for Covid-19 which is about the only way you could actually find an asmyptomatic person. Assuming anyone that was at a gathering got their covid infection due to an asymptomatic person is so far removed from science that we need to dstart tossing virgins into volcanoes again. Most health orgnazations readily admit these folks are rare. After 14 days of being infected, they're over it without knowing they actually had it. Duh!! The actual number of asymptomatics are about as common as the offspring of unicorns and bigfoots which we see eating everyone's gardens up this summer.

Here’s a kick to the cods-

https://www.timesargus.com/news/eig...cle_deb79211-9918-5d0f-abd2-3bc730d2eba6.html

Three UTSA football players test positive for COVID-19

Source: 23 Clemson football players now positive

Report: 3 Auburn players test positive for COVID-19, all are asymptomatic

Seems like asymptomatic cases might be prevalent in younger, healthier populations. It’s almost as if the disease may not be the death sentence it’s been made out to be for most people. Let’s not make the leap in saying things don’t exist, though.

Again, this is coming from an advocate of wearing masks and limiting trips out of the house.

Wtf?

I love our age of misinformation and misleading headlines. "The virus is spiking!!' Keep in mind we're testing so much more now then we were. Roughly 28 million Americans have now been tested. Even with skyrocketed testing, numbers are trending down from early April. This is from the CDC today.
If it didn’t ramp up from the rioters, then how is it ramping up with players reporting to campuses and to team activities, sounds like the GOV doesn’t want society to go back to normal

If it didn’t ramp up from the rioters, then how is it ramping up with players reporting to campuses and to team activities, sounds like the GOV doesn’t want society to go back to normal

I think it's more likely that the government is trying to make sure the ramp up isn't connected to the protests. But, the timing and the age groups are a tad coincidental.

I have no interest in telling people how they should feel about this virus. Everyone is entitled to do what they will with the information available. If you're not scared of it or don't take it seriously, that's up to you. If you aren't concerned with rising numbers of positive cases, that's also up to you. Don't take this post as trying to change your mind.

But, if you have any desire to see football played in any form in a little over 60 days, it is crucial that you understand that the people who will decide whether or not that happens don't think like you. If we do not see a significant drop in positive cases, college football isn't happening.

If you want to see football in 2 months, then starting now you need to limit your public outings as much as possible. When you have to go out, you need to wear a mask and socially distance yourself from anyone who isn't your immediate family. If you find out that you might have been exposed, you need to get a test, and you need to self-isolate until you know that you're negative. If you test positive, you need to self-isolate even if you have absolutely no symptoms. And you need to suggest to anyone and everyone that they do the same.

You can spend the next 60 days thinking how absurd this all is. You can kick yourself for giving in to the media fearmongering. You can be mad at everyone whose fear and paranoia made all of this necessary. But if you want football, you will suck it up and do what you have to do. Because the cases aren't dropping until everyone does what they have to do, and football isn't happening if the cases don't drop.

If football isn't a big enough deal for you, then go on about your business.

I feel dirty and deserve to be called a hypocrite for all the crap I give others for agreeing with the Gatorsuck posters...I agree with you on this 100%.

What we do or don't do is not going to have any impact on the season whatsoever.

If we completely shut everything down again, and everyone stayed at home for 2 months, the virus would come right back and we'd shut everything down....again.

You're probably right, but I understood his point.

We never completely shut down everything. NB4 "So you think we should have?" No, that wasn't my point. You're not good at this. Lulz.

What is your overall point?

I'm human as well, I just operate with an understanding of statistics. But you do you!

View attachment 289113
Only if it helps with his agenda and he can cherry pick the one stat that creates fear like the USC article he posted yesterday. The article stated that 1
USC player had tested positive, but it also mentioned about how Indiana University has tested 187 players, coaches and staff and not a single positive test among them. Sounds like good news to me, but not if your agenda is whatever his is .

There is nothing wrong with sharing info, but at least give both positive and negative sides to this story.

Reactions: SalVolinus
Only if it helps with his agenda and he can cherry pick the one stat that creates fear like the USC article he posted yesterday. The article stated that 1
USC player had tested positive, but it also mentioned about how Indiana University has tested 187 players, coaches and staff and not a single positive test among them. Sounds like good news to me, but not if your agenda is whatever his is .

There is nothing wrong with sharing info, but at least give both positive and negative sides to this story.

Were there protests in Indiana? That’s the question here.

Edit: a quick google search says there were. Oh well, maybe the players and staff didn’t participate in them.

Here’s a kick to the cods-

https://www.timesargus.com/news/eig...cle_deb79211-9918-5d0f-abd2-3bc730d2eba6.html

Three UTSA football players test positive for COVID-19

Source: 23 Clemson football players now positive

Report: 3 Auburn players test positive for COVID-19, all are asymptomatic

Seems like asymptomatic cases might be prevalent in younger, healthier populations. It’s almost as if the disease may not be the death sentence it’s been made out to be for most people. Let’s not make the leap in saying things don’t exist, though.

Again, this is coming from an advocate of wearing masks and limiting trips out of the house.

Backatcha cods. "Might bes" are not science. Asmyptomatics are rare by any stretch of measurements and science. Per my local Dept. of Health, MOST tests revealing antibodies AFTER infection are not foolproof of anything as those tests often do not discern covid-19 from other covid and viral types, it's not a lead pipe cinch that science requires, not a bunch of "might bes." Granted if Clemson has/had true asymptomatics you should expect to see the sort of numbers that small group experienced. One asymptomatic can do a lot of exponential type infections, however they are rare.

Last edited:
Backatcha cods. "Might bes" are not science. Asmyptomatics are rare by any stretch of measurements and science. Per my local Dept. of Health, MOST tests revealing antibodies AFTER infection are not foolproof of anything as those tests often do not discern covid-19 from other covid and viral types, it's not a lead pipe cinch that science requires, not a bunch of "might bes."

The antibody tests can't be trusted right now. But that fact says nothing about the number of asymptomatic cases.

So we're easily at 1,000 COVID cases throughout all of college athletes right? How many hospitalizations?

Seems like we lose 2-3 kids to heat exhaustion each off season. We're on pace to lose 0 from COVID. Let's hope it stays that way. Cases should trend towards being a non-story.

So we're easily at 1,000 COVID cases throughout all of college athletes right? How many hospitalizations?

Seems like we lose 2-3 kids to heat exhaustion each off season. We're on pace to lose 0 from COVID. Let's hope it stays that way. Cases should trend towards being a non-story.

I think we’re approaching a pretty large # of reported cases. I haven’t seen anything yet that has mentioned anything about hospitalizations though and I hope it remains that way.

I’ve said more than once on here that I want “journalists” to follow up with some of the athletes who have tested positive and experienced COVID for themselves. I think it’s important to document their experiences because it will be valuable to learn more about the virus and also it’s important that these people are telling the complete story.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...g-tennis-after-positive-coronavirus-test/amp/

Jabari Parker seems to be feeling ok. Hopefully there will be more people that feel as well as he does. I also hope people will be a lot more cautious and thoughtful towards others if they know have the virus.

Last edited:

We have the worst response in the world to this pandemic, except for maybe Brazil. This is a picture, a picture of our failure. We went down a little bit. We started to get it under control under tremendous sacrifice that many of us made as a civil society, and it was squandered by our leadership, and we`re going right back up again.

All of that sacrifice, all of that pain and suffering, all of that staying indoors, they threw it all away.
So you're saying Sweden's response was better than ours. Guess we could have gone that route.

Nobody on Earth knows what the right thing to do is. Fauci and the WHO can't even agree.

If a vaccine is never developed (which I think is likely) the US may actually be ahead of the rest of the world when it comes to immunity.

I'm not saying I have the right answers but if I'm a governor and I'm looking at my tax receipts vs my obligations then I'm stumped.

I'd say if we stayed cutting some teachers pensions, public services, etc a lot of people would get on the "let's open back up" train.

We have the worst response in the world to this pandemic, except for maybe Brazil. This is a picture, a picture of our failure. We went down a little bit. We started to get it under control under tremendous sacrifice that many of us made as a civil society, and it was squandered by our leadership, and we`re going right back up again.

All of that sacrifice, all of that pain and suffering, all of that staying indoors, they threw it all away.
So you're saying Sweden's response was better than ours. Guess we could have gone that route.

Nobody on Earth knows what the right thing to do is. Fauci and the WHO can't even agree.

If a vaccine is never developed (which I think is likely) the US may actually be ahead of the rest of the world when it comes to immunity.

I'm not saying I have the right answers but if I'm a governor and I'm looking at my tax receipts vs my obligations then I'm stumped.

I'd say if we started cutting some teachers pensions, public services, etc a lot of people would get on the "let's open back up" train.

I'd say if we started cutting some teachers pensions, public services, etc a lot of people would get on the "let's open back up" train.

A crazy crazy high percentage of the deaths are in nursing homes. Maybe someone can validate that and give an actual percentage. I believe most of those coming in NY, as the governor ordered a very ill-conceived mandate there.

Covid will disappear almost entirely, atleast from media and general conversation, after the election. Covid is real, but the severity is highly questionable, and is most certainly more of a political tool than a real medical threat at this point. Mail in/ or online voting is one objective, and the second is to attack the president for not doing enough. Lastly it’s being used to hurt the economy leading up to the election.Id put my whole lively hood on the line in saying with 1000 percent certainty that covid will be a huge issue until the votes are counted. After that the news will go back to reporting some new hot topic, and people will follow it without even thinking to ask about covid.

VN Store

Back