Football in Purgatory

Ok, ok, after watching last night's game, UT among others, do not have a clue what it takes to build a successful program. Cause, the only one that seems to have the magic formula is Saban, and everyone else is eating his table scraps. Yes, Pruitt is not the answer, neither was the other three.

I think we should start looking for someone who can coach this team to a consistent top 3 finish in the SEC East, cause face it, we are only playing at best 2nd Place in the SEC until Saban retires. Say what you want.........that man knows how to recruit and coach, He'll go down as the greatest in College history and it is absolutely true.
I enjoyed the beat down of OSU last night. Texas gonna be hard to handle with Sark... best called game i think I’ve seen.

There is no secret that Pruitt is in trouble. The Football program is losing players, coaches and fans at an accelerated rate while the administration and AD do nothing to stop the bleeding. This limbo is going to affect this program with long reaching effects. The Tennessee job is not a top tier job anymore, sure they have facilities and some mismanaged resources, but they have a depleting fanbase. They have lost a generation of fans with their football program mismanagement over the past 13 years and will reap that loss for the foreseeable future. A lot of old school fans are apathetic, which directly translates to them not spending money on the program. The longer this Pruitt Circus Show lasts with no resolution either pro or con, the worse the long term effects will be.
Football program is in a helluva mess.
72A46B29-1F94-45A0-9E41-1B5156FD49EE.jpeg

Reactions: VolunteerCeltic
I enjoyed the beat down of OSU last night. Texas gonna be hard to handle with Sark... best called game i think I’ve seen.

Sark will come into Tuscolusa..........aka Hell on Earth......Home of Satan, and beat him down too. Oh, I hate OSU as well, even more, because they made me pull for Bama..........I don't like that.

Reactions: vol05
Sark will come into Tuscolusa..........aka Hell on Earth......Home of Satan, and beat him down too. Oh, I hate OSU as well, even more, because they made me pull for Bama..........I don't like that.
Don’t how popular this will be but Sark and Kiffin are eerily similar in play calling style...wait til Kiffin gets his own recruits at Ole Miss.....it’s an offensively dominated game now.

Ole Piss will put a royal a$$ whooping on us next year. Our dip$*** coach will be totally out coached. Longer this goes on, the more I feel that Gump will continue to be our coach. Think we may all need to put our names in the transfer portal.

I honestly hope the recruiting investigation reveals enough stuff to garner the death penalty.
I’m just damn sick of all of it.

Didn't know they even played football in Purgatory (the name of the small western town defended by James Garner in the 1970s classic film)
859C247F-8631-41F0-B5B4-789795C824A1.jpeg

It’s an ongoing process that changes based on the investigation and what evidence comes from that. UT is walking a tightrope of not wanting to pay the buyout and not getting punished by the NCAA. Additionally the UTAD wants the job to remain enticing to potential HCs. Having a bunch of scholarship reductions and post season bans isn’t really going to attract any big names.

The best possible outcome for UT is that there is enough evidence of recruiting violations or whatever else to get off the hook for the buyout and to get off with a slap on the wrist by the NCAA.
What big names would be interested in us at this stage? If we were at the Sadie Hawkins dance, no attractive girl would ask us to dance.

VN Store

Back