Florida

Do we beat Florida this year ?

• Yes

Votes: 252 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 42 14.3%

• Total voters
Florida is not winning anything of note this year and this will be a great shot for TN to beat Florida. I do find it a little curious that FL is perceived to be 5th place or worse in the East, TN is perceived to be 2nd or 3rd in the East, yet the teams had very similar records last year (7-6) and (6-7) and the head to head meeting wasn’t close.

Also, Florida won’t be the same team that quit on their coach and basically surrendered vs the SC’s and Mizzou’s of the world at the end of last year.

But I think the advantage in this game is that TN’s offense will be established and clicking against a Florida defense that is a complete unknown. I’m not at all sold on TN’s defense but I’m also not sold on FL’s offense. So of the 4 units on the field, TN’s offense is the only unit you can mostly trust. Advantage TN.
I'm a Napier believer. I think Florida wins 7 maybe 8 games this year. If Billy is given time yall will be competing for the East in 2024. If we are gonna get this monkey off our back it has to be this year. No more excuses

Reactions: oz615 and Jaws
A very fair assessment. Due to the past couple of decades and Battered Vol Syndrome, it's hard to get cocky about this matchup.
Us getting cocky over Florida is like UK getting cocky over us. It makes no sense and leads to disappointment.

Reactions: vol94
It’s a HUGE game for Heupel and company but don’t overlook the Pitt game two weeks prior at Pitt. I don’t think that game is getting enough buzz and talk that is a very big game and I think some fans on here think that game will be a cakewalk which it def won’t be we will be lucky to get out of Heinz field with a win.
If we play to out potential, it is a solid but not easy win. If we aren’t clicking on offense, they can definitely give us the L

If Tennessee loses to Florida watch out , the negativity will be coming from everywhere and some of vol nations finest will be questioning coach Huepel.
Please for the sake of our fan base beat Florida this year.

TN should win this game. I won’t call for Heup’s job if TN loses but I will be very disappointed.

We will win this game b/c it marks MY 30th Anniversary seeing the Vols beat Florida in person.
I was a 21yr old UT transfer student pledging a fraternity. I will never forget that day as it was either my first or second game @ Neyland

I had never been to a College game and was in awe of 104k strong clad in Orange. I remember being so proud that I made it to a prime time university and to be in attendance for that game.

I became an avid Vol fan that day and my hatred for Florida began along with Bama later that year. I have been to about 6-8 other TN/FL games but will celebrate this win like no other!

It’s a HUGE game for Heupel and company but don’t overlook the Pitt game two weeks prior at Pitt. I don’t think that game is getting enough buzz and talk that is a very big game and I think some fans on here think that game will be a cakewalk which it def won’t be we will be lucky to get out of Heinz field with a win.

Agree. Pitt is a good team and I am concerned. I don’t think crowd noise will be a huge factor, but they have a better defense with an underrated QB @ the helm. Our D still concerns me.

Reactions: oz615
They have won 16 out of the last 17 damn games....The same as vandy over that same period....less than KY and much less than South Carolina...

I wouldn't bet a plug nickle we beat them.

And why is it that every year Vol fans predict it's the year that we beat Florida but lose to KY? :)

Florida is not winning anything of note this year and this will be a great shot for TN to beat Florida. I do find it a little curious that FL is perceived to be 5th place or worse in the East, TN is perceived to be 2nd or 3rd in the East, yet the teams had very similar records last year (7-6) and (6-7) and the head to head meeting wasn’t close.

Also, Florida won’t be the same team that quit on their coach and basically surrendered vs the SC’s and Mizzou’s of the world at the end of last year.

But I think the advantage in this game is that TN’s offense will be established and clicking against a Florida defense that is a complete unknown. I’m not at all sold on TN’s defense but I’m also not sold on FL’s offense. So of the 4 units on the field, TN’s offense is the only unit you can mostly trust. Advantage TN.

TN’ s defense is concerning for Volnation imo. We added some pieces but there are missing parts. Eventually the defense has to get stops to reduce pressure on Hooker and company.

Reactions: Jaws
Agree. Pitt is a good team and I am concerned. I don’t think crowd noise will be a huge factor, but they have a better defense with an underrated QB @ the helm. Our D still concerns me.
And they got a good coach in Narduzzi too. That game worries me.

Reactions: vol94
Tennessee will not win this game because of offense. If we get the win it will be because of the defense. We haven't been able to stop a running qb in years.

Reactions: oz615
Is this the year we finally get the Florida monkey off our backs and beat them ? Last win was in 2016 under Butch Jones as we came back from a 21-3 first half deficit to win 38-28 outscoring them 35-7 and ending a 11 game losing streak.

i want to say yes but will have to see it to believe it.

Reactions: SAPPER 5
They lost a first round QB and the best WR in the nation. Pitt should be a win. If we lose to them again we have problems.
They’re still very physical up front on both sides of the ball. I think we win, but I don’t think we go up there and just smoke them.

Reactions: Tnphil
There’s no monkey on Heupel’s back yet. The Florida game will come down to who performs best in the trenches. Give Hooker time, rush for a hundred or so and get off the field on 3rd down and we win.

This is the best I have felt about the Florida game in years. It just feels like it’s lining up for us to beat them.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Tennesse wins. Let see, Jeremy Pruitt worked for Saban, Derek Dooley worked for Saban, Sal Sunseri worked for Saban, and Billy Napier worked for Saban. And he professes to want to copy the Saban playbook. Not going to work. He is not original enough to win big in college football.

For Florida fans out there. Don't get riled up. Steve Spurrier was an original and innovative and won big at Florida.

Florida's implosion is something only a Tennessee fan can truly appreciate. We set the record for implosions over the last 20years.

Reactions: SAPPER 5 and Jaws

VN Store

Back