Florida

To have a defender draped on your QB, struggling to get him to the ground, NO WHISTLE, and have ANOTHER DL come i and clean up, only to have a ref flag him for targeting is a JOKE and would ONLY happen if youre playing UF. Its so bad thst the entire league knows that whenever you play the precious Gators, its 11 on 14. Its as bad as Bama getting away with a minimum of 15 holding calls a game. Its just gets old.

Watch that play again, Trask had broken free from the first defender. With that said, I agree it was a very tricky tack call. However, there was a very tricky tack targeting against Florida a bit earlier as well.

As for the first targeting call, it would've been a helmet to helmet even under the old rules.

You’re right “deserve” is probably not the right wording. And I agree lots of things could have changed the game one way or the other.

I’m no fan of throwing flags for taunting and excessive celebrations. They’re kids. Let them play. Also would love to do away with the ejection on the targeting penalty till the 2 offense.
Agreed on the rules.

Watch that play again, Trask had broken free from the first defender. With that said, I agree it was a very tricky tack call. However, there was a very tricky tack targeting against Florida a bit earlier as well.

As for the first targeting call, it would've been a helmet to helmet even under the old rules.

Quality post.

Waiting on LG to post... telling us this is our year.

UGA is so far ahead of the rest of the East that its like debating what music to play on the deck of the Titanic.

Yes, I think UF is closer to being competitive with UGA than is UT. But in two months I doubt either of us will be pointing back at this week's game as particularly meaningful.

ONE correction... under the OLD rules, there IS NO helmet to helmet ********. I never understood how ANY football official, rules maker, etc. Could ever think that helmets arent going to collide. Its all ridiculous. But your point is well taken!

UK fan here. I realize we made enough mistakes last night to deserve losing, but these targeting calls are just ridiculous. Also, why does Florida always get away with so many obvious holdings not getting called. I hope you all have a better officiating crew next Saturday than we got.

Well played game - you lost because you knocked out Franks - had he stayed in, you win handily. One of the targeting calls was ridiculous --- agree with that and Florida teaches their kids to hold it is part of their training and part of their package. I think the commentators said one db had 14 balls thrown his way and 8 pi penalties. It is how they have played for years. Just be thankful that you were not playing in Gainesville. They overlook those holds there for the most part.

I’ve seen worse targeting/roughing calls made that appeared 100% legal, and blatant illegal hits that didn’t result in a targeting call at all.

I didn’t think Stiner’s targeting call was warranted, let alone the ejection, but we won’t have him available for the first half against you guys next week.
That is so stupid. It’s one thing to call a penalty but kicking these kids out for one offense is ridiculous unless it is blatant spearing. This needs to change, at least to maybe you have to get 2 offenses on the season before being ejected. One questionable call has way too much impact on the game.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
That is so stupid. It’s one thing to call a penalty but kicking these kids out for one offense is ridiculous unless it is blatant spearing. This needs to change, at least to maybe you have to get 2 offenses on the season before being ejected. One questionable call has way too much impact on the game.

I agree.

Franks broke his ankle on a more vicious hit than the one that was called on the UK DL. Seriously, have you EVER seen that call before? Where a QB is fighting to stay up and a targeting call comes in when another D player is simply doing what 100% of the players in football would do? You have to admit it was a pivotal and "unusual" call. I dont know what else the guy was supposed to do. Watch? Anyway... enjoy your win next week.

Theses are the same calls Princess Brady and the Pats get all the time as well to keep their drives alive when they are at risk of losing. Phantom roughing the passer, pass interference, targeting whatever works. I understand the need for safety but I hate that theses bogus calls have resulted in defenses not even being able to play. Seems like the prima donna teams seem to get theses calls more than others. I have just seen way too many of this terrible calls and I hate to say it but I think there are some bad / corrupt refs out there. With that said, I agree with Larry W. In that KY had every opportunity to close the game out. Same with UT in the 90s, 00’s and as recent as Butch. Our coaches always played to not lose and got ultra conservative. Even Fulmer drove me nuts with his conservative game plan back in the day. He lost some big games by playing scared.

I tend to believe it’s not a rivalry to you win close to half the time.
When I was a kid beating Florida was like beating Vandy (I’m old) then y’all began the run of winning more than you lost. Still a rivalry with y’all getting the upper hand. The last decade and a half we’ve been competitive at times but 1 win in 15 years means this isn’t a rivalry till we get better and actually win a few. That’s still at least a year away if not longer, honestly.

You being on our board clearly means you think more of our chances than I do.

We should have had a 4 game win streak from 2014-2017 but thanks to butch’s horrible game management we only won one. I feel we also should have had a 4 game win streak from 98-01 but thanks to Fulmer not putting those games away we only get one two. From 08-19 and counting we have been crap and pretty much have long losing streaks against the SEC teams.

Reactions: Volatility
I recall at least three holding calls against UF that negated a TD and/or first down conversion.

Refs didn’t make Stoops go conservative defensively against Trask after Franks’ injury, or go conservative offensively late in the game, and the refs didn’t miss a chip shot FG to win the game.

UK let UF back in the game, and we took advantage.
Difference is, Florida was holding. That targeting was an awful call by the ref. Just bad. Florida would have had to punt.

I suspect Fla. pays refs to give them favoring calls. This stuff happens too often.

Difference is, Florida was holding. That targeting was an awful call by the ref. Just bad. Florida would have had to punt.

The 4th quarter targeting call on UK happened on 2nd down. We would have had at least one more chance to convert.

And yes, UF had two TDs called back for holding, which should quiet any conspiracy theories about referees cheating in favor of UF.

Place the blame where it belongs...on Stoops and UK’s kicker.

Wilson post-ACL is not the same Wilson pre-ACL, so far. His speed and positioning looks fine, his timing and instinct looks a little off still.

Regarding JJ, I think CJ Henderson or Trey Dean will cover him most of the game.
They aren't great, that's my whole thing. Whoever covers JJ should have problems. GBO!

They aren't great, that's my whole thing. Whoever covers JJ should have problems. GBO!
He'll definitely "Moss" #3 if by chance he get's isolated on that CB. I forgot his name but he had a bad night against UK, especially UK's #14. He has trouble high-pointing the ball.

UK fan here. I realize we made enough mistakes last night to Also, whdeserve losing, but these targeting calls are just ridiculous. Why does Florida always get away with so many obvious holdings not getting called. I hope you all have a better officiating crew next Saturday than we gQUOTE]ot.[/

For the same reason KY ALWAYS get away with over the back fouls on rebounds. Always regardless of who they are playing.

The 4th quarter targeting call on UK happened on 2nd down. We would have had at least one more chance to convert.

And yes, UF had two TDs called back for holding, which should quiet any conspiracy theories about referees cheating in favor of UF.

Place the blame where it belongs...on Stoops and UK’s kicker.

Ah I thought it was on 3rd. Regardless, it was a sack and I think that would have made it third in long instead of a 15 yard gain and a first down.

The conspiracy theory... meh... but the refs definitely had a role in Florida winning that game.

I saw how Mullen showed such little compassion for his QB after going down on live television. I have been kind of saying I told you so to fans who didn’t want Mullen. Now, I have issues with the dude and am happy he isn’t coaching for us.

If I am Pruitt and I see kids leaning towards Florida, I am showing them a tape of that end game interview.

JJ is a stud, I like him a lot. I think he’s Ut’s most dangerous offensive player. But CJ Henderson can lock him and anyone else in America down. Dean can too, but he’s not as smooth and effortless as CJ. A healthy Marco could more than hold his own too, but until he’s looking like he’s completely back, I’d avoid that matchup if I’m Florida.

I saw how Mullen showed such little compassion for his QB after going down on live television. I have been kind of saying I told you so to fans who didn’t want Mullen. Now, I have issues with the dude and am happy he isn’t coaching for us.

It’s this kind of total bs that bothers me most about some fans. “Mullen showed such little compassion?!” Mullen choked back tears in post game interviews when speaking of Franks at one point saying “I told him we love him and we’re here for him.” There’s also a clip of Mullen calling for Franks in the post-game locker room, having him come to the center of the team and lead a post-game cheer while on crutches. To suggest that Mullen doesn’t care when a player he’s been coaching, mentoring, battling with for almost two years, snaps his leg in half is offensive, careless and WRONG. Hate Florida, hate all things UF, I get that and I understand that. But don’t make up stuff about people.

It’s this kind of total bs that bothers me most about some fans. “Mullen showed such little compassion?!” Mullen choked back tears in post game interviews when speaking of Franks at one point saying “I told him we love him and we’re here for him.” There’s also a clip of Mullen calling for Franks in the post-game locker room, having him come to the center of the team and lead a post-game cheer while on crutches. To suggest that Mullen doesn’t care when a player he’s been coaching, mentoring, battling with for almost two years, snaps his leg in half is offensive, careless and WRONG. Hate Florida, hate all things UF, I get that and I understand that. But don’t make up stuff about people.

The desperation to justify their own coaching situation knows no bounds.

Reactions: gator1gear and Jaws
I suspect Fla. pays refs to give them favoring calls. This stuff happens too often.

giphy.gif

Ah I thought it was on 3rd. Regardless, it was a sack and I think that would have made it third in long instead of a 15 yard gain and a first down.

The conspiracy theory... meh... but the refs definitely had a role in Florida winning that game.

If I am Pruitt and I see kids leaning towards Florida, I am showing them a tape of that end game interview.

Based on your post, you saw what you wanted to see.

UF is the luckiest team in America. Pro - college - Pop Warner, doesn't matter. I say saw the state off below Georgia and kick it South.

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe

VN Store

Back