Florida slug on Heupel UT turnaround

We aren't beating the Ala, Fl, Ga , OSu, or Clemsons of the world anytime real soon, I include UF because somehow we choke up when they have one of the cafeteria staff start at QB for our game , but that doesn't mean we are stuck licking the boots of other teams that ran all over us the past couple years either. UCF is a perfect example of how luck, personnel , and chemistry can fluctuate on a yearly basis. Under O'Leary it was a roller coaster . They'd be like 11-1 one year to 0-12 the next . Their long term stability isn't or wasn't there because they didn't have the depth that the top teams have . Frost may have gone 5-7 after his 13-0 season , and most certainly would have dipped without MM at QB . Of course we'll never know because lightning flashed and Nebraska scooped him up. The point is, people judging Heupel against Frost aren't seeing the whole picture. We could bounce back really quickly and at least be mediocre with a little luck and coaching. That would get our recruiting and progression going the right way.

McKenzie Milton was the linchpin in that 13-0 season and had he not gone down with that gruesome knee injury, I believe they could have repeated that record. Even with understudy Darriel Mack at QB, who had a huge case of nerves on the big stage of a New Year's Fiesta Bowl, they managed to be competitive before falling short 40-32 against LSU. Milton could have been the difference and
Frost was lucky enough to catch lightning in a bottle. Even with Milton out of action the last 3 games of 2018, he still finished 6th in the Heisman race. I wish him the best in his final season as the Seminoles' QB.

Last edited:
And how many times have we beat Florida in the last oh idk 5 years? 10 years? 15 years? 20 years? Maybe 3? And we been pretty much underdogs in all of them... so you been happy 3 times in the last 20 years wow

Oh......you are one of those that live in the past. Ok, your point is taken, now get off that ledge 😂🤣😭😢😰😱

Wow. He makes several valid points, all of which are overwhelmed by his need for snark and jerkish style.

What a.....ahem......Richard.

He did make some very good points, but comes across as a the captain of the douche canoe. One point was Heupel's record getting worse year after year. Now that it looks like Texas and OU are joining the SEC, our path to winning the SECE has become more difficult.

No I'm just stating facts sorry you have become numb to them and decided to live in lala land
No I'm just stating facts sorry you have become numb to them and decided to live in lala land

No one is arguing the facts, I just choose to look forward vs. backward, a subtle difference in each of our views. It is a glass half empty or half full type of view.

Reactions: KptVFL

VN Store

Back