Florida: Not so fast my friend

Scary part,
Powers that be in the SEC prefer that UF UGA UA and Ta&M all keep winning. Ark is a nice story too.

Beware the BIG $$$ Playoff $$$$$

There is a feeling in the air. I don’t know what it’s, but this team will be fired up all week. I think we are going to go in the swamp fired up, we are going to scratch, claw and play with everything we’ve got. It feels like this group has been waiting on this game for a while. It feels like that they have put Pitt behind them. It feels like we are going to have a defense to stand up, and swarm to the football all game. I don’t know, but there is a chill in the air about this game. There is an offense waiting for Florida for some reason. Call me crazy, but this has a feel that I haven’t had in a long time. I think this football team is special coming into this game. I think it’ll be a lot closer than the experts thank. I thank we have a chance to win this game.
I believe. I'm revising my score from 56-7 Gators to 50-10 Gators

Reactions: VolforFootball
I have turned over a new leaf and decided that it is not in the best interest of team spirit to write off the VOLS. I just want to see them give it all they can and not make mental mistakes that will surely give UF the game. Silly decisions and mistakes will put the game away rather quickly. Pass protection, ball protection and the OL stepping up to protect the quarterback will do wonders. And make UF work for every yard. Our guys need to pay attention on defense and quit the finger pointing when someone blows by them.

If those break down, we have no chance because UF will capitalize on all mistakes we make. They will turn them into points and we will have a hole so big, we cannot climb out of.

I believe. I'm revising my score from 56-7 Gators to 50-10 Gators
From a Gatah....you would be suprised how many people on the message board I am on...want to fire Mullen. For not winning an SEC yet or making the playoff. We college football fans are hard to please.

sorry pal but your feelings is nothing more than just that. It has no effect on reality, talent, coaching and rebuilding. I think a more appropriate word would be “ Hoping”

There is a feeling in the air. I don’t know what it’s, but this team will be fired up all week. I think we are going to go in the swamp fired up, we are going to scratch, claw and play with everything we’ve got. It feels like this group has been waiting on this game for a while. It feels like that they have put Pitt behind them. It feels like we are going to have a defense to stand up, and swarm to the football all game. I don’t know, but there is a chill in the air about this game. There is an offense waiting for Florida for some reason. Call me crazy, but this has a feel that I haven’t had in a long time. I think this football team is special coming into this game. I think it’ll be a lot closer than the experts thank. I thank we have a chance to win this game.

From a Gatah....you would be suprised how many people on the message board I am on...want to fire Mullen. For not winning an SEC yet or making the playoff. We college football fans are hard to please.
Welcome to the forum gatah. Not many here will admit it but our fan base is a big part of our woes over the last decade. Since our fan's near riot against the hiring of Greg Schiano several years ago we can't even hire a position coach to be a coordinator here. If a coach doesn't win a national championship in the first six weeks here he's in trouble. Potential coaches approach us like we're radioactive.

Welcome to the forum gatah. Not many here will admit it but our fan base is a big part of our woes over the last decade. Since our fan's near riot against the hiring of Greg Schiano several years ago we can't even hire a position coach to be a coordinator here. If a coach doesn't win a national championship in the first six weeks here he's in trouble. Potential coaches approach us like we're radioactive.

Were the fans responsible for Hamilton being named AD?
Were the fans responsible for Hiring Lane Kiffin and giving him near zero buyout in his contract?
Were the fans responsible for hiring Derek Dooley?
Were the fans responsible for hiring Dave Hart as AD?
Were the fans responsible for hiring Butch Jones?
Were the fans responsible for hiring John Currie as AD?
Were the fans responsible for hiring Fulmer as AD?
Were the fans responsible for hiring Jeremy Pruitt?

Reactions: njvols
Were the fans responsible for Hamilton being named AD?
Were the fans responsible for Hiring Lane Kiffin and giving him near zero buyout in his contract?
Were the fans responsible for hiring Derek Dooley?
Were the fans responsible for hiring Dave Hart as AD?
Were the fans responsible for hiring Butch Jones?
Were the fans responsible for hiring John Currie as AD?
Were the fans responsible for hiring Fulmer as AD?
Were the fans responsible for hiring Jeremy Pruitt?
HaHaHaHaHaHa Potential coaches were turning us down after Dooley. Actually no one was happy with Dooley. Then we "settled" on Jones. Then how many turned us down before we "settled again on Pruitt? It's only gotten worse since then.

HaHaHaHaHaHa Potential coaches were turning us down after Dooley. Actually no one was happy with Dooley. Then we "settled" on Jones. Then how many turned us down before we "settled again on Pruitt? It's only gotten worse since then.

And how is the fact that coaches turned Hamilton down after Dooley, the fault of the fans?

Or are you insinuating that Dooley should have been retained?

Last edited:
Nope! This is totally different from the Pitt game. I just haven’t had this feeling like this in a long time. Since we haven’t been this good in a long while, this is just a feel that I get from time to time. A feeling for a Florida game that I haven’t had since the 90’s.

What in the blue hell are you talking about?

Gators did play well against Bama. Doesn't mean that they will play well against the Vols. I will be happy if we win, ecstatic if we win by 2 TDs.

UF may have a better qb, better wrs, better in the trenches, and a better coaching staff. With that being said, I still believe In my heart that UT wins. What the hell is wrong with me?

UF may have a better qb, better wrs, better in the trenches, and a better coaching staff. With that being said, I still believe In my heart that UT wins. What the hell is wrong with me?
the-office-drugs.gif

Reactions: CornbreadVol
What in the blue hell are you talking about?
Well! I am glad that someone finally ask about what I’m talking about
There is three football feelings that I get.
1. There is a fired up feeling
2. There is a nervous feeling that I get for a ball game, to be close to winning.
3. This feeling of calm, relaxed, and smooth during and before a game that I know we are gonna win it.

I only had that nervous feeling in 98 one time, and that was against Arkansas when we played them. Even against Florida and the rest of the games, I had the calm, smooth, and relaxed feeling that we would win every game that year. Even the championship game for the whole week, I had the the calmness feeling that we would win that game, and sure enough we won.
This nervous feeling that I have had all week, i haven’t had since the Ark game in 1998. I haven’t been the same since the 90’s with this program, because the teams that we’ve had wasn’t anywhere close to 98. When I woke up Sunday morning, that nervous feeling hit me like we have a chance to win this one. This will probably be the only big game this year that I’ll get this nervous feeling that I haven’t had in that long. Nothing has changed since Sunday. It’s a good sign when I get the nervous feeling that something good could happen in this game. Remember, I don’t have the calm, relax winning feeling, I have a nervous feeling on this one. I might be a little fired up for Kick off, but my nervous feeling is going to be throughout this game, all the way till the end. I love having this nervous feeling in which I haven’t had since the 90’s. For years now, I’ve been watching games with no feelings. If we played good, we just played good throughout the last 15 years. I tell you now, that I’m really nervous about this game, because we have a chance to win this one.

Well! I am glad that someone finally ask about what I’m talking about
There is three football feelings that I get.
1. There is a fired up feeling
2. There is a nervous feeling that I get for a ball game, to be close to winning.
3. This feeling of calm, relaxed, and smooth during and before a game that I know we are gonna win it.

I only had that nervous feeling in 98 one time, and that was against Arkansas when we played them. Even against Florida and the rest of the games, I had the calm, smooth, and relaxed feeling that we would win every game that year. Even the championship game for the whole week, I had the the calmness feeling that we would win that game, and sure enough we won.
This nervous feeling that I have had all week, i haven’t had since the Ark game in 1998. I haven’t been the same since the 90’s with this program, because the teams that we’ve had wasn’t anywhere close to 98. When I woke up Sunday morning, that nervous feeling hit me like we have a chance to win this one. This will probably be the only big game this year that I’ll get this nervous feeling that I haven’t had in that long. Nothing has changed since Sunday. It’s a good sign when I get the nervous feeling that something good could happen in this game. Remember, I don’t have the calm, relax winning feeling, I have a nervous feeling on this one. I might be a little fired up for Kick off, but my nervous feeling is going to be throughout this game, all the way till the end. I love having this nervous feeling in which I haven’t had since the 90’s. For years now, I’ve been watching games with no feelings. If we played good, we just played good throughout the last 15 years. I tell you now, that I’m really nervous about this game, because we have a chance to win this one.

Well for one....that's all great but it means absolutely nothing.

But I was referring to what I bolded, you said "Since we haven’t been this good in a long while"; what are you talking about?

Well for one....that's all great but it means absolutely nothing.

But I was referring to what I bolded, you said "Since we haven’t been this good in a long while"; what are you talking about?
Oh! It does mean a lot. Getting a nervous feeling like the 90’s in one game since then, has a lot to do with it. If you are a vol fan, then you’ve got to know what if feels like from the 90’s. Since we haven’t been good in a long while, when I have watched-games, there hasn’t been any feelings at all, and it has just been blah during these years, because we knew what to expect in every game. I’m telling you that this game is a feel of nervousness, to have a chance to win it, a big game this year. I doubt that will get this feeling again this year.

Oh! It does mean a lot. Getting a nervous feeling like the 90’s in one game since then, has a lot to do with it. If you are a vol fan, then you’ve got to know what if feels like from the 90’s. Since we haven’t been good in a long while, when I have watched-games, there hasn’t been any feelings at all, and it has just been blah during these years, because we knew what to expect in every game. I’m telling you that this game is a feel of nervousness, to have a chance to win it, a big game this year. I doubt that will get this feeling again this year.

Dude if we win Saturday then I don't care how you do it, you better get that nervous feeling every week from now on.

The only thing I want to see is a relatively competitive game. We need to take care of the ball, and need to force turnovers. That's the biggest thing for an underdog to win game on the road. See USCe vs Georgia from 2019, USCe had no business being in that game, but they forced 4 turnovers and didn't have one of their own. Best then 20-17 at Georgia when Georgia was ranked #4. That USCe team only won 4 games that year, and lost to us by 20.

VN Store

Back