Florida Gators star Keyontae Johnson collapses on court, in critical but stable condition

Same here, I was a senior at UF when Gathers died on the court.

“Critical but stable” is misleading, and purposefully vague.

This is a serious and life threatening situation.

I saw a brief replay of him actually going down on Twitter before it was deleted and removed. It’s frightening and very Hank Gathers-like. He’s walking to mid court with his teammates after a timeout, he staggers slightly, regroups, staggers again and then faceplates, chin first, right in the middle of the court; which likely knocked him unconscious, which only exacerbated whatever other medical issue he was having. He had a nasty cut on his chin from the fall. His teammates were shocked, a couple just stared, a couple called for help, and even FSU players were shaken up and stunned at what they saw. Praying for good news today.

I’m glad the young man is ok regardless if he plays for the Gators.

I saw a brief replay of him actually going down on Twitter before it was deleted and removed. It’s frightening and very Hank Gathers-like. He’s walking to mid court with his teammates after a timeout, he staggers slightly, regroups, staggers again and then faceplates, chin first, right in the middle of the court; which likely knocked him unconscious, which only exacerbated whatever other medical issue he was having. He had a nasty cut on his chin from the fall. His teammates were shocked, a couple just stared, a couple called for help, and even FSU players were shaken up and stunned at what they saw. Praying for good news today.

Actually, the actual footage of the collapse is all over Twitter and YouTube now, and I think ESPN is showing it as well. For most of yesterday nobody was showing it. The version with sound is unbelievable. The sound his face/chin make hitting the court is gruesome. 🙏🏼

VN Store

Back