Florida Gator game

It's one thing for Tennessee to be accused of having the dumbest fan base in the world. It is another to offer up Exhibit A.
Thank you I'll keep an eye on my spelling. But I doubt it's my spelling that makes us look dumb.

It is deeply unsettling to me the quality of play we muster against the Gators. Far too many mistakes.

I remember a poster here some 5-8 years ago saying Florida brings out the stupid in us. Aptly stated I think.

I can think of any number of games where we were the better team and should have won but made atrocious plays and lost. This has to stop.

Please play smarter. We can do this. Heupel needs to make us a smarter team. I firmly believe this can be done.

This Fall I want to see a smarter, improved executing team.

Then we can beat Florida among others.
some of it Florida simply had the better team, or the better coach or a combination.

There have been some boneheaded plays that cost us some Fla games which were likely the "butthole puckering anxiety" in our heads, but in fairness there were just as many Florida games where we should've won and either didnt get a break or the refs completely screwed up (2000, 2006, 2014)

Florida would have lost to UGA last year if UGA had J.T. Daniels starting. UGA also had their best players out on defense out with COVID and injuries, the UGA defense Florida faced was a shell of the one we had to. Florida was basically an Ole Miss equivalent last year, nice offense, no defense, they just got to play in the weaker East instead of the West.

0-12

Reactions: GatorSteve
Just beating the gators would make the season for me! Anything else would be icing on the cake!!!

new neighbor moved in next door here in Cincinnati

tell him we're originally from TN

he mentions he and his wife are UF alum and starts up about football

i come back with recent basketvol and basevol success

he says those are irrelevant and only football matters

WHAT IS MY RETORT ?!

WHAT IS MY RETORT ?!

Ask for proof of his diploma...no UF alum only cares about football success, and refers to our other sports (many of which have won national titles of their own) as “irrelevant”.

Your neighbor sounds like that poser Waco Kid who used to post here... a WalMart alum whose diploma is an off-brand, knock off “signed” Tebow jersey. 😂

Last edited:

WHAT IS MY RETORT ?!
I bring up the same recent success to buckeye fans. They laugh and say the same thing. Football is all that matters. Sorry I wish I could help you friend lol.

Last edited:
Florida would have lost to UGA last year if UGA had J.T. Daniels starting. UGA also had their best players out on defense out with COVID and injuries, the UGA defense Florida faced was a shell of the one we had to..

😂
You sound just like Georgia fans with this loser talk. 44-28 and it wasn’t that close. And remember, Georgia fans loved Stetson Bennett at QB before that game; he’s a gamer, gritty, tough, sneaky athletic, cerebral, etc. Then Florida wrecked him and it was on to JT Daniels. By far my favorite game of 2020.

Reactions: GatorSteve and Remy

WHAT IS MY RETORT ?!

Don’t trust he’s a Gator fan. All reputable Gator fans know we’re the “everything school.”

Reactions: GatorSteve
😂
You sound just like Georgia fans with this loser talk. 44-28 and it wasn’t that close. And remember, Georgia fans loved Stetson Bennett at QB before that game; he’s a gamer, gritty, tough, sneaky athletic, cerebral, etc. Then Florida wrecked him and it was on to JT Daniels. By far my favorite game of 2020.
Nah, they got off the train after the second half at Alabama and the following week when they scored 14 points on Kentucky. Don't be taking credit for the Tide and the Cats' work. And if missing large numbers of players isn't an excuse maybe you should tell your boy Mullen who whined about the same thing after Oklahoma had their way with you in the Cotton Bowl.

Reactions: Trojan_Vol
2014 game comes to mind where it appeared Florida was gonna let us win. Then when we didn't take advantage of all the opportunitys Florida gave us. Muschamp put a knew q.b in for the last 2 drives and says ok I guess will win if you dont want to. 😒
Did you mean 'gnu' quarterback?

Did you mean 'gnu' quarterback?
Yeah I already caught heck for it earlier. Lol feel free to pile on. Mistake on my part. I honestly thought I put "new" when I typed it in my phone . Found out this a.m I didn't.😂

Last edited:
At our "absolute strongest" we got blown out by them. 1995-1997. You must be thinking of the 2001 game. It can be argued that 1990 was one of our most talented teams. That team won 45-7
Cheeseburger Phil was 2-7 vs Steve. 0-4 with manning. 2-1 vs the zooker. 0-3 vs Meyer. He is right.

It seems every time we play FLA we are snake bitten. Even our last win in 2016 we got down 21-0 before the lights came on.

Is this the baseball thread? My @Jaws dropped when I saw S Bama drop 19 on the gaturds...

In 2016, they let Georgia score on a bomb with 10 seconds left. A year later, Florida scores on a bomb with time expired. Two years after that, they let BYU get in field goal range by letting someone get by everyone with little time on the clock.

They have repeated epic level mistakes on numerous occasions
Even back when TN was a good program they’d cock it all up against Florida

Is this the baseball thread? My @Jaws dropped when I saw S Bama drop 19 on the gaturds...

Good Lord what a disappointing season. Preseason #1 to an ass-kicking like that. Never could quite get it together this year. Good luck to your Vols, they certainly have a shot to win it all.

WHAT IS MY RETORT ?!

Buy him jorts as a welcoming gift. If he's truly an alum of UF, he'll thank you and wear them with pride.

😂

3,000 posts on a rivals site, expertise on understanding a loser confirmed, carry on.

WHAT IS MY RETORT ?!
1623073563336.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: HalfullVol

VN Store

Back