Florida game experience

VFL 24/7

Legend
First, I want to say those fans deserved every chomp that went their way. It was a hostile atmosphere but I will say Vol Nation showed out for this game. We had hundreds of fans in the building, and the last 2 minutes was even sweeter in-person.

Secondly, I want to point out some things from my experience. It starts with the families of this team. My group and I sat in the family section for the game because I have some buddies on the team. Everyone was personable and very fun to sit next to. Admiral's dad is awesome and truly a class-act and you can see why Admiral is such a great leader for this team because of where he comes from. One thing I was disappointed about was how Florida put the family section high in the nosebleeds. You would think families of these players would be seated behind the bench like most road games, but it didn't surprise me since it's Florida.

Living in Florida, this game meant a little more to the Vol fans that have to deal with Gator fans on a daily basis. I can honestly say the end celebration was totally warranted and I loved every minute of it. Go Vols

Lived in Jax, Fl 22 years and went to several Gator BBall games in the last 7-10 years versus the Vols. In my opinion there isn't a lower class fanbase in the country than the Gators. They deserve everything they get and much more.Just pissed I wasn't there to enjoy the moment. Figures I move out of the country and we beat them at their house. Still damned enjoyable watching it on the tube though. Go Vols, suck it Gaturds!

In the early 1990's I worked with a guy that had gone to Florida for undergrad and graduate school. He told me then, that it was embarrassing how sorry the average Florida fan had at games. At that time he said sometimes he dreaded telling people he had gone there because they would grumble and start telling their own story about how sorry the Florida fans were.
So, they've had at least 25 years to try and build some class but, it sounds like nothing has changed.

Reactions: VFL 24/7
Hate to hear that. My experience at the Mizzou game was that all of their fans were very friendly and interested in chatting up about how good we are this year. The staff at the arena was also very welcoming and asked us to come back.

Reactions: sport3500
My wife and I totally enjoyed the game Saturday. Like the OP we thoroughly enjoyed the last two minutes of the game. I had read before the game from other UT fans that Florida's Arena was a dump and I have to agree with them especially when I compare it to my Alma Mater's on campus Arena Chaifetz in St. Louis. That Arena is a Palace compared to Florida's. My wife is the VFL the UT Arena back then was called Stockley. We also live in Florida and will need to make a road trip to Knoxville to see a hoops game. Go Vols!

Reactions: tn_joeysome
Live in Orlando, went to college in St Augustine and have worked in Jacksonville. The Florida game always means something a little more to me, happy I was there to see it.

I was impressed at how many Vols fans were there.. we made some noise and had our presence felt. The hatred between these fan bases are mutual and it kind of is what it is.

GO FRIGGIN VOLS

Myself, my son, and soon to be daughter-in-law were at the game. Upper level seats with surprising number of Vol fans in our section. There was a teenager or twenty something vol fan directly behind me. Before the game Mullen comes to center court and proceeds to give a pep talk about his programs future. We just ignored it of course but the guy behind us starts booing and hollering negatives at him.

I go back to the early sixties as a hardcore fan and seventies as graduate. I live in Florida in the winter and hate UF almost as much as Alabama but I'm keeping my mouth shut down here when it comes to Tennessee Florida football. To the credit of all the Florida fans around us none of them even turned to look at him let alone call him out. I was surprised to say the least.

Kid keeps on after the game starts and is really getting on my nerves to the point I thought about saying something to him. Probably would have when I was younger. Finally we hear another voice. "I'm a vol fan and you need to shut up. You're embarrassing us all".

Admittedly we weren't near their student section but we never heard a negative comment before during or after the game. Unexpected.

Live in Boynton Beach presently and lived in Florida last 26+ years. I can't stand Florida or Canes fans. Both are obnoxious. I have lots of family that live in Gainesville and mainly only hear from them when we lose to Florida so this gives me a little chance to rub it in some since football we got stomped.

First, I want to say those fans deserved every chomp that went their way. It was a hostile atmosphere but I will say Vol Nation showed out for this game. We had hundreds of fans in the building, and the last 2 minutes was even sweeter in-person.

Secondly, I want to point out some things from my experience. It starts with the families of this team. My group and I sat in the family section for the game because I have some buddies on the team. Everyone was personable and very fun to sit next to. Admiral's dad is awesome and truly a class-act and you can see why Admiral is such a great leader for this team because of where he comes from. One thing I was disappointed about was how Florida put the family section high in the nosebleeds. You would think families of these players would be seated behind the bench like most road games, but it didn't surprise me since it's Florida.

Living in Florida, this game meant a little more to the Vol fans that have to deal with Gator fans on a daily basis. I can honestly say the end celebration was totally warranted and I loved every minute of it. Go Vols

Glad you had a great trip and represented UT well in the O dome. The hypocrisy of the media and the SEC office is damning. For some reason, some schools have their poor sportsmanship condoned (Alabama's "we just beat the hell out of you"rammer jammer chant or Florida's gator chomp) or codified as acceptable by the league office (MSU's use of cowbells not being considered using artificial noise makers). When a school returns the favor, their players are considered classless? Bizarre! Hope you chomped right in their faces.

VN Store

Back