Florida files trademark around Billy Napier catch phrase

I’ve been wrong plenty in my day, but I just don’t see this Napier dude working out down there.
To me, it just goes to show that if you and only you pay a coach 5 or 10 million dollars, you can pick your guy. If everybody pays the coach 5 or 10 million dollars, you get absolutely nothing. Nothing you can do but pick somebody at random and plus you're out 5 or 10 million dollars.

Maybe there's a process coming along someday to cut coaching salaries by 90%, but I doubt it.

Sounds like he is a member of the "don't conjugate your verbs club" that our last football coach started.

In the last 5 months, Florida has hired both a new head football (Napier) and a head basketball coach (Todd Golden) who were virtual unknowns. Are there budget concerns in Gainesville? If so, how did that happen? It doesn't make any sense.

In the last 5 months, Florida has hired both a new head football (Napier) and a head basketball coach (Todd Golden) who were virtual unknowns. Are there budget concerns in Gainesville? If so, how did that happen? It doesn't make any sense.
Honestly there’s not a lot of “great surefire” candidates available these days so midmajor hit and misses is the best most can do

Reactions: Big Orange#1
So... Looked on On3 and didn't see UF listed in the top 50 in recruiting. What am I missing here?

Napier was not an unknown.

Golden on the other hand…

Napier was not an unknown.

Golden on the other hand…
Napier was an unknown to all but the most avid of college football fans. Unless you are an Alabama fan and remember his time there as a WR coach ... It's more likely than not, that you had never heard of him prior to being hired by Florida. Nobody becomes well-known among average fans, by coaching at Louisiana Lafayette.

Napier was an unknown to all but the most avid of college football fans. Unless you are an Alabama fan and remember his time there as a WR coach ... It's more likely than not, that you had never heard of him prior to being hired by Florida. Nobody becomes well-known among average fans, by coaching at Louisiana Lafayette.

Napier was not an unknown in the football crazy southeast, as he turned down several SEC head coaching jobs prior to taking the UF job.

Golden yes, Napier no.

Napier was not an unknown in the football crazy southeast, as he turned down several SEC head coaching jobs prior to taking the UF job.

Golden yes, Napier no.
Meh... You could say he was a well-known commodity among athletic directors, prior to being hired at Florida... but I would say 9 out of 10 college football fans outside the state of Louisiana, could not have told you who the head coach of Louisiana Lafayette's football team was last September.

Meh... You could say he was a well-known commodity among athletic directors, prior to being hired at Florida... but I would say 9 out of 10 college football fans outside the state of Louisiana, could not have told you who the head coach of Louisiana Lafayette's football team was last September.

And I disagree with you.

A public service to save you the click baiting. His phrase is “scared money don’t make money” which has been around forever and in no way is unique to this guy?

Having been in, around, and at one point lived in Vegas for a few years after an LA address occurring since the 1980s, I can assure everyone here that has been routinely said around blackjack and craps tables since then at least. Most often by people of WWII veteran ages.

VN Store

Back