Florida Fans…

They’re still on the honeymoon. Good for them. He’s a dumbass.

Kind of reminds one of Butch "Brick by Brick" Jones, doesn't it? It took a while to realize the problem. I actually think Napier looks more solid and less cliché oriented than Butch.

Reactions: TnScooby
I would’ve been more upset about not taking the field goal on that early drive. That’s what really cost them. He was psycho going for all those 4th downs.
Actually I think not. He wanted to keep the ball and keep Tn off the field, I remember Bill Belichick going for a 4th against my Colts and he was criticized afterwards. His comment was he wanted to keep Peyton off the field because he knew they couldn’t stop him from winning the game. He was right, they didn’t. I understand that but Fulmer never did against Spurrier.

He went to 4th down mode on their 1st series.

I thought he went for it early in pretty much normal situations where punting is questionable? Then later started the all out go for it wherever you are game plan, like the one on his own 30. I could be wrong due to old age!

I thought he went for it early in pretty much normal situations where punting is questionable? Then later started the all out go for it wherever you are game plan, like the one on his own 30. I could be wrong due to old age!
He went for it on their own 40....Sneak play where replay clearly showed he was stopped. Why they didn't replay in the booth I have no idea.

I see multiple Florida fans on Twitter defending Napier’s decision to go for 2 on Saturday. Kind of weird to me considering that cost them a shot at kicking the FG at the end and sending the game to OT. I guess they are already drinking the Billy kool-aid and believing whatever he does is holy.
Fans should defend their coaches more often. He talks slow but he is informed, confident and well spoken. His coaching had them in game.

Reactions: J C Higgins
When Florida recovered the onside kick I honestly went to a place of dread. I could just see another epic ending in Florida’s favor to add to the others that have already taken place in recent years.

I really just couldn't believe it. My heart just sunk, and I thought, "My God, are we really this cursed?" Even when we intercepted the ball on the final play I was just too shocked to be happy. Given how close we came to losing, it took about an hour for the grieve to pass.

Last edited:
The few morons I know that are UF fans are either furious with the outcome or are acting like they didn’t watch.

Liars, cowards, punks, and clowns. Every. Single. One.

He gots this paper…….he gots to do what the paper says.

The paper comes from a computer…….so you know it’s legit.

The program is fed information by people who have probably never played or coached a game of football in their life……..so it’s going to come up with the best plan of action………given by smart people………not necessarily “football” people.
Hismust be the more updated version because says to go for two and Butches said don't go for two.

Reactions: Firebirdparts
I really just couldn't believe it. My heart just sunk, and I thought, "My God, are we really this cursed?" Even when we intercepted the ball on the final play I was just too shocked to be happy. Given how close we came to losing, it took about an hour for the grieve to pass.

My wife asked me after the game why I wasn’t happy. I was happy, but I think I was slightly traumatized by what almost happened. Maybe I was waiting for them to go back and rule that the interception was going to be scored as a TD for Florida.

Actually I think not. He wanted to keep the ball and keep Tn off the field, I remember Bill Belichick going for a 4th against my Colts and he was criticized afterwards. His comment was he wanted to keep Peyton off the field because he knew they couldn’t stop him from winning the game. He was right, they didn’t. I understand that but Fulmer never did against Spurrier.

I remember that 2009 Monday night game. 4th and 2 at his own 28, and Belicheck damn well knew that a punt meant a loss and made the smart play, which the blockhead media hammered him for because the media lived to knock Belicheck and got so few chances. I still think Faulk got that first down.

My wife asked me after the game why I wasn’t happy. I was happy, but I think I was slightly traumatized by what almost happened. Maybe I was waiting for them to go back and rule that the interception was going to be scored as a TD for Florida.
After they recovered that last onside I was like "this can't be happening." I feel like if they had a shot to chuck it to the endzone...they catch it and win. I thought they were able to advance the ball once they recovered...and was relieved they couldn't....but still...I felt like we were cursed...bound to blow it. It took me a while for the reality we'd won to sink in.

Reactions: TennVols12

Yeah, I was excited when we were up 3 possessions, thinking “surely there is no way..” Then they scored, and I started to feel a little nervous. Then they scored again and dread started to kick in. Was thinking “They can’t recover and score on us… but it feels like they will.” Then they recovered and was thinking that the universe hates us. When we intercepted the ball to end the game I didn’t believe it, and was waiting for some penalty to give them another chance. When I finally realized we actually won elation set in and my brain changed to “THE UNIVERSE LOVES US!!!!”

I would’ve been more upset about not taking the field goal on that early drive. That’s what really cost them. He was psycho going for all those 4th downs.
Well if the other team has shown they can't stop it then it would be dumb not to go for it.

He gots this paper…….he gots to do what the paper says.

The paper comes from a computer…….so you know it’s legit.

The program is fed information by people who have probably never played or coached a game of football in their life……..so it’s going to come up with the best plan of action………given by smart people………not necessarily “football” people.
Unless Butch shared that paper with him

Florida got lucky...............UT got luckier.
That's why you play the game.

It might have ended again in a Gaffney play (Palmer knows it wasn't complete)..........or another prevent defense that allowed a long TD pass from gators.......I was NERVOUS! (& out of beer)
The onside kick was Beautiful (& ugly), & could have been a touchdown.

But now I am HAPPY!................. & I still can't hear very well after being in NEYLAND.

Let's enjoy the victory...learn from our mistakes....... and prep for the next. (players, coaches & fans)

The statement that the SEC just MEANS MORE has some truth to it. Every week is a struggle, and we can't sleep on any week.

As far as our next opponent............. WGWTFA!

p.s. GBO
Actually, no. The kicking team can’t advance the ball.

VN Store

Back