Florida and Espn?

tennesseegirl

I don't know if this is the right forum to ask this but why did ESPN cover florida's spring game today? Are they doing this every weekend at different schools? Thank you.

First of all.......If it's about Tennessee Football, it's the right place. As far as the ESPN spring game thing goes, I imagine that it was just a chance to fill a void with a program they know people will watch with us in this football staved portion of the year. Florida is two years removed from the championship and has a returning Heisman trophy winner, so they are going to be in the spotlight. But have no fear....Today was the first move in the Deconstruction of Tim Tebow by the media.......just watch.

Ok now for real , why did they make such a fuss ? I mean the whole gameday crew was there . Now if they do this for alot of schools then it is really not a big deal but if they do this just for florida then that really does not make sense to me.

First of all.......If it's about Tennessee Football, it's the right place. As far as the ESPN spring game thing goes, I imagine that it was just a chance to fill a void with a program they know people will watch with us in this football staved portion of the year. Florida is two years removed from the championship and has a returning Heisman trophy winner, so they are going to be in the spotlight. But have no fear....Today was the first move in the Deconstruction of Tim Tebow by the media.......just watch.

AHHH , thank you

If you all remember, back in 2005, ESPN's Gameday gang was at a UT fall football practice. They've been doing this stuff for a few years. As a matter of fact, I think they televised last year's Crimson and White spring game at Bama.

Contrary to what everyone believes, ESPN isn't in the business of pleasing everyone. They show things that get the most ratings. Florida football being one of those. There are a lot of UF football fans around the country and it draws ratings.

Unfortunately, there isn't much demand to see UT's orange and white game outside the state of Tennessee and MAYBE the southeast.

If you all remember, back in 2005, ESPN's Gameday gang was at a UT fall football practice. They've been doing this stuff for a few years. As a matter of fact, I think they televised last year's Crimson and White spring game at Bama.

You had to bring that year up, didn't you. Oh well, maybe will have a year like our 2005 this year...:dance2:

why would you even ask such a ridiculous question? They covered the UF spring game because that was the most profitable location.

Why does CBS carry the best SEC matchup each week during college football season?

*GASP*

Because it's the biggest television rating.

why would you even ask such a ridiculous question? They covered the UF spring game because that was the most profitable location.

Why does CBS carry the best SEC matchup each week during college football season?

*GASP*

Finally, some logic...

*GASP*

right, UF will bring in the most advertisers, which means the most money. Let's show ice skating, poker, or one of college football's hottest teams with the proclaimed best player int he country? Sounds simple to me.

ESPN is proving that Spring Football is a bigger deal now. Heck, if it keeps growing, maybe we'll see scrimmages against different teams in 5 years.

Wow I was just asking a question yall do not have to be so rude about , goodness I just wanted to know cause I had never seen a spring practice on espn before no need to be rude.

ESPN is proving that Spring Football is a bigger deal now. Heck, if it keeps growing, maybe we'll see scrimmages against different teams in 5 years.

Thank you brian ! Wow a cat fan is nicer on here than my fellow vol fans with the exception of the ones who responded first.:thumbsup:

They should have practices against other teams. Certainly not a big rival,but bring someone in that can challenge your team. It works for the nfl. It would also make the spring game tons more interesting. I guess fear of injurys is a concern. But it could be some sort of controlled scrimmage. Seems like a no brainer.

Wow I was just asking a question yall do not have to be so rude about , goodness I just wanted to know cause I had never seen a spring practice on espn before no need to be rude.

They're just a little bitter at the fact that UF is on ESPN and we're not. In all honesty, I watched the whole game, so apparently ESPN's plan worked to perfection. I was "scouting" for the upcoming season though. I also "scouted" Bama's spring game. :)

If it's football, I'll watch it.

They're just a little bitter at the fact that UF is on ESPN and we're not. In all honesty, I watched the whole game, so apparently ESPN's plan worked to perfection. I was "scouting" for the upcoming season though. I also "scouted" Bama's spring game. :)

If it's football, I'll watch it.
What did bubba look like?

What did bubba look like?

He looked pretty snazzy in a suit and tie. But then when his over comb was blowing in the wind he was looking pretty oily-snakish.

I wonder if the the recruits found some extra cash in their recruiting packets? :whistling:

VN Store

Back