Flagrant Foul, Player Suspended from Next Game

DrDave

Did I see/hear that at a game over the weekend a player got tagged with a flagrant foul and will miss the next tournament game?

Slick Rick says, Oden DID commit a flagrant foul out of frustration. They did not call it. When you are a number 1 seed, sometimes you get those no calls. The Big Orange really should be playing Xavier on Thursday, but at this point Ohio "State feels just fine.

Slick Rick says, Oden DID commit a flagrant foul out of frustration. They did not call it. When you are a number 1 seed, sometimes you get those no calls. The Big Orange really should be playing Xavier on Thursday, but at this point Ohio "State feels just fine.

OK, I think I understand the comment. The Ohio State player SHOULD have been called for a flagrant foul. Then he would have been out for the TN game.

OK, I think I understand the comment. The Ohio State player SHOULD have been called for a flagrant foul. Then he would have been out for the TN game.

No, had Oden been called for the flagrant he would be watching the UT/Xavier game on CBS.

It was clear by his post game comments it was intentional. That's in the past now oh, if we beat tOSU I want it to be WITH Oden!

Go to YouTube, type in "Ohio State Xavier," and try to click on the video "Oden's not-called intentional against Xavier." It has been removed as requested by the NCAA.

Ummmm....freedom of speech? A bit sketchy?

It was clear by his post game comments it was intentional. That's in the past now oh, if we beat tOSU I want it to be WITH Oden!

Intentional is not the same as flagrant.

Even if you believe the foul was intentional, it certainly did not merit a flagrant call and an ejection (with the corresponding suspension for the next game.)

Intentional is not the same as flagrant.

Even if you believe the foul was intentional, it certainly did not merit a flagrant call and an ejection (with the corresponding suspension for the next game.)

But if they called it right OSU would be out and the call on whether or not to sit Grandpa Oden would be moot

But if they called it right OSU would be out and the call on whether or not to sit Grandpa Oden would be moot

If they called it intentional, you are probably right. At that point in the game, with that foul, I can understand why they wouldn't.

They didn't, so this whole discussion should be moot.

If they called it intentional, you are probably right. At that point in the game, with that foul, I can understand why they wouldn't.

They didn't, so this whole discussion should be moot.

I think it should have been called. There is a way to foul and that is not it. Grandpa should show the OSU football team how to make contact.

CBP and the Vols were IMO clearly showing frustration in the 1st 15 minutes of the Virginia game, from 1 sided referee calls. I sure hope that they learned a lesson from it, because THEOhioStateUniversity from the Big 10 are gonna get their share and then some of the benefit of the doubt pie.

CBP and the Vols were IMO clearly showing frustration in the 1st 15 minutes of the Virginia game, from 1 sided referee calls. I sure hope that they learned a lesson from it, because THEOhioStateUniversity from the Big 10 are gonna get their share and then some of the benefit of the doubt pie.

don't count on it, with oden's post game comments, ohio st. will not have any kind of favor with the referees.

This is weak I know but............................

Maybe this will work in our favor and the NCAA will instruct the REFs to pay more attention to Oden in this game knowing he got away with one and OSU should not be here. Base on our VA Refs and the Refs OSU game we should get the benefit of the calls. It all evens out.

VN Store

Back