'20 FL WR Thaiu Jones-Bell

By telling him he'd be an all pro WR?
Phil was late to push for Cobb as he was basically set for Kentucky. Phil wanted him as a receiver, Cobb wanted to try QB, Phil told him no, Cobb stayed with Kentucky. Yes, Phil screwed the pooch.

We’re did 7 come from? We only have six. One of which is a 2 star long snapper.

I don’t know if I fall into the “you guys” category but I imagine I do.

Here’s the issues and my frustrations to date:

- Ton of in state kids the staff is all in for, and they all keep announcing delayed commitment dates and a desire to go take visits elsewhere.
- Elite talents like Jarrett and Rogers coming off visits leaving VQ and others telling us “we’re in a good spot” and AV posting celebritory icons, only to see them commit elsewhere.
- Tate Ratledge becomes another of a long list of blue chip “grew up UT fans” to commit elsewhere.
- Joel Williams, a kid the staff gives his first offer and pushes heavily for, basically trolls UT fan base before picking UF.
- Jones-Bell speaking glowingly of UT from the jump,CB’s roll in to UT, and he goes elsewhere.
- Jordan Davis tweets a top 6 that doesn’t even include the school he’s committed to.
- A middling three star opts to decommit.
- Ojulari supposedly close but then people say the longer it goes the worse for UT it is and whattayaknow.... he pushes back his decision date.
- Staff puts together a bunch of big recruiting weekend shenanigans like paint ball and O&W games and we all hope for a commit, but nothing.

We have no momentum right now. Every time it seems we’re close with someone, they go elsewhere or push a decision back. One of our best guys in the class is a waffling goober.

You guys can sunshine pump and claim “it doesn’t matter” all you want, but I guarantee you it matters to the staff. These guys live and breath recruiting and they’re doing everything they can to get guys to commit.

Is the program going to fold? No
Are we going to finish with a top 15 class? Hopefully.
Is it okay for fans who follow recruiting to recognize its piss and not rain right now? Yep.

LOL. The LOM never fails to disappoint.

Whine, bit*h, moan...rinse and repeat.

We’re did 7 come from? We only have six. One of which is a 2 star long snapper.

I don’t know if I fall into the “you guys” category but I imagine I do.

Here’s the issues and my frustrations to date:

- Ton of in state kids the staff is all in for, and they all keep announcing delayed commitment dates and a desire to go take visits elsewhere.
- Elite talents like Jarrett and Rogers coming off visits leaving VQ and others telling us “we’re in a good spot” and AV posting celebritory icons, only to see them commit elsewhere.
- Tate Ratledge becomes another of a long list of blue chip “grew up UT fans” to commit elsewhere.
- Joel Williams, a kid the staff gives his first offer and pushes heavily for, basically trolls UT fan base before picking UF.
- Jones-Bell speaking glowingly of UT from the jump,CB’s roll in to UT, and he goes elsewhere.
- Jordan Davis tweets a top 6 that doesn’t even include the school he’s committed to.
- A middling three star opts to decommit.
- Ojulari supposedly close but then people say the longer it goes the worse for UT it is and whattayaknow.... he pushes back his decision date.
- Staff puts together a bunch of big recruiting weekend shenanigans like paint ball and O&W games and we all hope for a commit, but nothing.

We have no momentum right now. Every time it seems we’re close with someone, they go elsewhere or push a decision back. One of our best guys in the class is a waffling goober.

You guys can sunshine pump and claim “it doesn’t matter” all you want, but I guarantee you it matters to the staff. These guys live and breath recruiting and they’re doing everything they can to get guys to commit.

Is the program going to fold? No
Are we going to finish with a top 15 class? Hopefully.
Is it okay for fans who follow recruiting to recognize its piss and not rain right now? Yep.
Damn,
Stop all this whining!

LOL. The LOM never fails to disappoint.

Whine, bit*h, moan...rinse and repeat.

Question... how old are you? Id be willing to bet people like you who are more positive have lived through the golden years of football while people like me who are younger know nothing but mediocrity. It would explain a lot.

Question... how old are you? Id be willing to bet people like you who are more positive have lived through the golden years of football while people like me who are younger know nothing but mediocrity. It would explain a lot.
It's funny, I always thought us that got the experience wanted it again and that was worse.
But I don't think it matters. I've noticed there's negative and positive in all the age groups, no pattern.

Pure personality I think. I've seen several of the negative leaning posters show the same traits in different threads, completely different subjects. Same with the posi folks. Just personalities.

It's funny, I always thought us that got the experience wanted it again and that was worse.
But I don't think it matters. I've noticed there's negative and positive in all the age groups, no pattern.

Pure personality I think. I've seen several of the negative leaning posters show the same traits in different threads, completely different subjects. Same with the posi folks. Just personalities.

Tru

Last edited:
I know this is kind of the older generation’s tagline but there is a lot more entitlement now. To be fair I’ve met some very well rounded and down to earth kids but there’s a lot that expect things to always go their way and don’t handle adversity as well. On the flip side there are plenty of older fans that act like children too.

Bama is leading for 3 of our other WR targets right? Always seemed like we were going to get their leftovers. And I say that without the negativity.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Alabama literally just took his commitment. I don’t think this is a git shirt. Could be he committed without realizing how many stud receivers UA was gonna take in to an already loaded WR room.

VN Store

Back