'20 FL WR Thaiu Jones-Bell

Or Tyreek Hill, or Antonio Brown, or Jarvis Landry, or Tyler Lockett, or Emmanuel Sanders...all sub-6 foot. Even feature WR1s like Amari Cooper and Davante Adams are only 6-1. The game has changed and the days of your All-Pro NFL WRs having to be 6-3+ are over with.

not to mention all the various below 6' slot guys.

I feel like we have a good bit of size on the outside but we don't have any burners. would like to get a couple of guys with some serious speed.

WR group right now

Seniors:
Byrd (5'11")
JJ (6'3")
B. Johnson (6'2") (redshirted will be back next season)
Callaway (6'2")

Juniors:
Gibbs (6'1")
Palmer (6'2")

Sophmore:
Collins (6'2")

Freshman:
Keyton (6'2")
Tillman (6'3")
Means (6'2")

TJB is closer to 6'0" than 5'11" and could potentially still grow some, since he's just a teenager. 4.5 guy playing in Florida against top talent and has run by you speed in his film. It's a no brainer take, anyone saying otherwise is just not paying attention.

I also think B. Johnson redshirting was smart on his part. He has the ability to be our solid slot guy and his production should be up if our QB play keeps trending up.

I also think B. Johnson redshirting was smart on his part. He has the ability to be our solid slot guy and his production should be up if our QB play keeps trending up.

Definitely agree, he would have been lucky to see 30 catches this year, and has the potential to be a top target next season.

Rs Junior means he has 2 years to play...
vvvvvv I know 😐
No, he's technically a junior. He played his freshman & sophomore season already. He came to campus as a junior, and is a redshirt this season.

He does still have 2 years of eligibility, but he will never "technically" be a sophomore while at Tennessee.

Jarrett is the best receiver in this class. I really wanted him to be here. But TJB is elite as well. He and Hyatt would add some much needed speed to our wr room.

All of those guys are good but Jarrett isn’t the best WR in this class.. probably the best route runner tho. Best WR title easily goes to Demas (A&M commit).

The Vols also gave Alabama wideout commit Thaiu Jones-Bell plenty to think about in his recruitment, too. The Tide were a last-minute pick by the South Florida native over the summer, but Brian Niedermeyer and Tee Martin never stopped their pursuit. Jones-Bell’s mom really likes Tennessee’s staff. If the Vols can get the 4-star back on campus for an official visit in December, then an early signing day flip is a real possibility.
vq

Wait until they throw in a Dodge Minivan to go with that Charger.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

There have been conflicting signals in recent weeks regarding just how much of a chance Tennessee still has at stealing top-100 wide receiver Thaiu Jones-Bell of Miami Gardens, Fla., away from Alabama, where he has been committed for the past six months. Jones-Bell returned to Tennessee last month on an unofficial visit and now has visited the Vols a handful of times throughout his recruitment, and he said after his latest trip to Knoxville that he planned to return on an official visit.

At the time, he thought his official visit to Tennessee might be the final weekend before the early signing period. But Jones-Bell’s mother told BamaOnline, 247Sports’ Alabama site, that he’s now planning to take his official visit to Alabama the final weekend before the early signing period, and she added that she wasn’t sure he would take any official visits to other schools. Sources said, though, that the Vols haven’t given up on getting Jones-Bell back on campus, and there’s still at least some optimism that he could take an official visit to Tennessee, perhaps the weekend of Dec. 6.
-Callahan

VN Store

Back