'21 FL WR Romello Brinson

No wonder I couldn’t find his thread.

Would love to get a Miami kid, but they are weird about staying home. Hopefully there’s a couple of NFL rookies out there helping get in his mind.

No wonder I couldn’t find his thread.

Would love to get a Miami kid, but they are weird about staying home. Hopefully there’s a couple of NFL rookies out there helping get in his mind.

LSU, Bama and Georgia never seem to have a problem signing Miami or South Florida kids. Maybe Vols don't have a coach-recruiter with South Florida connections or anyone who makes South Florida a priority my guess?

Reactions: LittleVol
“It went great,” said Brinson. “(I liked) the facility, the coaches, the love they were showing today. They were very hype and energetic.”

Tennessee already was on the list of top contenders for the 6-foot-2, 180-pound Brinson, who’s a former Miami commitment, going into the visit. But he said Saturday’s visit made him even more interested in the Vols, and he’s already planning to visit them again. “It actually helped them a lot,” he said. “I’m going back up there in the spring.”

“Today I was mostly talking to coach Tee Martin, and Coach Niedermeyer a little bit today,” Brinson said. “We were just talking about everything — stuff they do, what type of drills they do and how they run their concepts and stuff like that. “(Martin) said he wants to use me all over the field. I’ve got the ability to play inside and outside and get the ball and make anything happen.”
“As a matter of fact, I talked to everybody that was there,” Brinson said. “I talked to the head coach, the offensive coaches. I talked to all of them. I even talked to the athletic director, too. He came and spoke to me, too. “(Pruitt) was just telling me, like, what type of offense they run, stuff like that.”

“I don’t really care about the distance, to be honest,” Brinson said. “I could see me going there.”
Brinson also stopped at Auburn on Friday, and he said he’s scheduled to visit South Carolina on Sunday. He said he’s scheduled to travel to Texas A&M on Feb. 2

After parting ways with Miami almost two months ago, he said he’s planning to make his final college decision before his senior season. “Sometime around summer, I want to close down my recruiting,” he said.

Four-star Class of 2021 wide receiver Romello Brinson, a former Miami commitment, was one of several Miami-area standouts in the 2021 and 2022 classes who visited the Vols for Saturday’s junior day. The Top247 prospect recently included Tennessee in his top 10 and had expressed a desire to visit the Vols, and sources said they impressed him enough to become more of a factor with him moving forward and perhaps host him on another visit as early as this spring. Tennessee still has plenty of competition for the 6-foot-2, 180-pound Brinson, who holds offers from more than 25 schools. But getting him on campus was an important step for the Vols and appears to have put them more on his radar as he begins to work toward a final decision.

- Callahan

VN Store

Back