'20 FL WR Malachi Wideman (Tennessee signee)

He is crazy athletic and hope we get him. Justin Hunter 2.0

Side note that doesn’t matter: dunking a basketball when you’re over 6’ isn’t that impressive.

That is not "dunking". That's absolutely slam jamming rim rattling. This is a take 100%, we need some big targets that can go up and get that 50/50 ball as Jennings and Callaway have done "in the past" (Hate to say that)

You have to go backwards to complete this equation. We were already 2 behind from the prior class. K Solomon and A Harris HAD to be blueshirted per 247 to even get in and reach 25 last class. Meaning, we really just had 23 spots straight up last year. We are still paying off Butch's antics.

The whole McBride situation is only speculation. Neither ToS has commented on his signee spot being returned. Maybe so, then we can sign 25 without the need of anyone blueshirting.

Harris didn't make it last year, so we may be 24+1 this class. Or McBride's spot also got released, so we can take 25 straight up. Or we are also grayshirting guys, so we even go to 26 or 27...or idk, VQ says 27 or 28, but don't want to explain anything. Which is fine. I am skeptical, but hope they are right.
Harris never signed....so he's not part of the equation going forward.

and if McBride's spot hasn't been used up already, we could sign 26 (i have no idea if that's the case though, just "if")....we don't owe on any of the butch stuff anymore, and i think we got back to "even numbers" last cycle....

but yeah, there's probalby only a few people that actually know what spots were used/unused and where/when.....the numbers get thrown around w/little explanation.

i think 26 is the number...if not it's 25. we're definitely able to sign 25 with out counting forward. how i know that...i don't know...it just know it.
:)

Harris never signed....so he's not part of the equation going forward.

and if McBride's spot hasn't been used up already, we could sign 26 (i have no idea if that's the case though, just "if")....we don't owe on any of the butch stuff anymore, and i think we got back to "even numbers" last cycle....

but yeah, there's probalby only a few people that actually know what spots were used/unused and where/when.....the numbers get thrown around w/little explanation.

i think 26 is the number...if not it's 25. we're definitely able to sign 25 with out counting forward. how i know that...i don't know...it just know it.
:)

Seems like its 25 plus one blue shirt to me.

Seems like its 25 plus one blue shirt to me.

He would fit right in with the exceptional athletic theme of this class. Holiday Callaway and Hyatt bring speed and elusiveness, Whitehead overall athleticisim, Perry agility for his size, and if we can add Beckwith and this guy it would be a crazy haul. Don't know if they are all football players or not, but they have wild potential.

If we finish this class with this kid and Beckwith, there will be no complaints from me. I would love to have another DT, but I'd settle for two killers on the offensive side.

Me too. We’ve recruited very well defensively since Pruitt has been here. Sure, we could use some more depth at OLB and DBs but I won’t complain to see some more playmakers on offense.

Reactions: Type Orange+
If we finish this class with this kid and Beckwith, there will be no complaints from me. I would love to have another DT, but I'd settle for two killers on the offensive side.

I am with you. My dream finish is Wideman, Beckwith, and Hardy. I don't know if there's room for all three but that would be a homerun type finish to an already very good class.

I am with you. My dream finish is Wideman, Beckwith, and Hardy. I don't know if there's room for all three but that would be a homerun type finish to an already very good class.
This is my dream finish but happy with 1 of 3. Beckwith gators lead, Hardy Barn commit and Wideman is FSU commit. I think honestly we lead for Beckwith (not an insider) and get Hardy.

After seeing Clemson and LSU play last night, it's pretty easy to see why having these kinds of athletes on our team are a must. Do we have to make room for this kid or what?
if we are able to get Beckwith and Hardy, we'd have to either make room or count him in next year's class......unless there's a spot made available from Mcbride's medical waiver......if that's legit, then we could potentially sign 26 and not have to count forward.

i'm not 100% certain thats' the case though....several believe it is....but no one really knows for sure.

VN Store

Back