'20 FL WR Malachi Wideman (Tennessee signee)

Just enjoying the process. Nothing to see here. Don’t @ me because you know it’s true.
What if he's not just enjoying the process? Of course, we'll know more after the visit, but this staff keeps a lot of cards close to its chest.

I’d imagine we’d take beckwith if the last spot comes down to him and Wideman, yes?
the last two spots are Hardy's and Beckwith's if they want them.

i dunno how realistic our chances would be with this kid as a backup plan for either of those.

feels like "just a trip" to me.

not if we get DB and JH...then we'd have to dip in to future classes.

and i don't think we'd give up one of those spots for this kid...now, should one or both of those not pan out? yeah, i could see it.

still, i think we're putting most eggs in those two baskets. and this kid is taking visits cause he can....he's got a spot at FSU, but new coach/staff, probably just making sure. don't blame him....or us. good due diligence.
We have two more if we do not plan on signing Kyree Miller and D. Williamson.

As of today what are the 2020 counter’s total excluding Miller and Williamson?
everybody that signed in december (21 total), Velus Jones, Mays (2)...(miles jones is walk on, so he won't count to the 25)....

so 2 spots left. there are two unsigned commits that don't count (miller/williamson).....

everybody that signed in december (21 total), Velus Jones, Mays (2)...(miles jones is walk on, so he won't count to the 25)....

so 2 spots left. there are two unsigned commits that don't count (miller/williamson).....
Some have stated we may have up to 27 counters. If that is true how would it work out? I know you may not have the answer to this but in case you do....

Some have stated we may have up to 27 counters. If that is true how would it work out? I know you may not have the answer to this but in case you do....
here's a post below from Moco that helps explain how we might have more than 25. there's never anything "official" that comes out abou this kind of stuff, you just have to "know" it.....if what he's saying is true, then we could sign 26 this cycle if we wanted.

he's correct about the average, people hear "hard cap of 25", which is true, if you sign 25 every year.

but you can short sign and carry counters forward if you wanted to....in our case, it would be about gaining that McBride spot back due to a medical hardship waiver.

so we'll see.
Hard Cap is 25, but that 25 is a 2 year average not 25 -every- year.

So 2019 class had 22 Enrollees + 2 scholarship transfers (24 total) McBride is a counter that UT should have gotten back, meaning 23. However putting Garland on scholarship most likely required him to count against a class. So we'll assume 24 last year still.

That would mean we have a +1, so 2020 class could be 26 and still be a 25 hard cap when averaged against last year's 24.

We signed 21, added Cade & Jones so we'd be at 23 meaning 3 potential scholarships left in this 2020 class IF Cade & Jones are counted against it. So 2 or 3 would be my assumption. Maybe a 4th if we use a blue shirt option on an incoming freshman (like Williamson who is recovering from an ACL tear in October).

VN Store

Back