'20 FL WR Malachi Wideman (Tennessee signee)

4* Gray, 4* Chandler and 4* Whitehead top the RB room plus Jordan, Hodges and Small..also CFA..adding Evans with that top group would make for a very good to great RB room. Really think Hodges is very underrated.
That probably gets whittled down some regardless of what Evans does...

Jordan or Chandler, or both, seems likely transfer candidate... Evans could affect these scenarios..

I still think Whitehead gets his shot at RB but ultimately winds up at LB...

Jordan or Chandler, or both, seems likely transfer candidate... Evans could affect these scenarios..

I agree! Could see Jordan and/or CFA both leaving after Spring practice. Even more so if we get Evans.

You could right about Whitehead, but with his size I really hope RB works out for him and is that big RB this offense needs. Also like the potential of Hodge as our big back.

According to 247 we offered 301 in 2015, for 2020 we offered 490
Yeah kinda nuts. Not sure I get it, but hey. It also undermines the people that say, "well we offered him, trust staff". While I do trust, it's hard to take every offer as meaning the kid is high on our board or perfectly meets some strict parameters or measurables. We must have huge boards for each position.

Reactions: jakez4ut
I agree! Could see Jordan and/or CFA both leaving after Spring practice. Even more so if we get Evans.

You could right about Whitehead, but with his size I really hope RB works out for him and is that big RB this offense needs. Also like the potential of Hodge as our big back.
LW is gonna get his shot at RB.

I just think he may have a quicker path to PT at LB.... Be it this year or next.

CFA...j have no idea on him

It's definitely becoming very confusing. One minute we hear there's a hard 25 cap, but then there's exceptions and loopholes so I don't even try to understand it anymore.
Backcounting is the main thing to follow now in order to take over 25...but now it is which limit can be backcounted, if any? I think I finally realized where the 27 number was coming from and it was from potentially only having 23 signees last year, even though we had 25 ICs. Would allow us to backcount 2 signees and take 2 blueshirts to 27.

But like posted above, nobody really knows but comp and staff. Just trying to make sense of things

Yeah, if we take Evans, this is one crowded RB room.

Chandler, Jordan, CFA, Gray already on roster. We add Hodge, Small, Whitehead. We also have Crouch who is a situational RB. We also might bring back Banks, who could also be a RB.

That's 8-9 full time RBs, with another guy who can play RB (and is probably better than every single one of them). So 10 total RBs. I don't know if any team in the last 20 years of college football has had that many scholarship RBs on a single roster.

Guess we do lose 3 RBs for sure in 2021 (Chandler, Jordan, CFA), but still ....

I've been curious about CFA for awhile. He's a good player, but really feels like there's not going to be a lot of carries for him. He could end up being 4th or 5th string next season conceivably.

Chandler, Jordan, CFA, Gray already on roster. We add Hodge, Small, Whitehead. We also have Crouch who is a situational RB. We also might bring back Banks, who could also be a RB.

That's 8-9 full time RBs, with another guy who can play RB (and is probably better than every single one of them). So 10 total RBs. I don't know if any team in the last 20 years of college football has had that many scholarship RBs on a single roster.

I've been curious about CFA for awhile. He's a good player, but really feels like there's not going to be a lot of carries for him. He could end up being 4th or 5th string next season conceivably.
I see Banks and Crouch as LBers. Crouch was a necessity last year because we didn't have any other effective runners in short yardage situations. Don't see a lot of carries for CFA. If we landed Evans, I could see Jordan's role decrease as well. Gray, Chandler and Evans would be the main guys. And with Chandler leaving after this year, It would be Hodge, Small, and Whitehead battling for carries with Whitehead probably ending up at LBer and Small being used on situational downs and possibly special teams due to his speed.

I just noticed your first line... Completely missed it first time around... "If we take Evans..." Lol... Good one!

Here's the deal with the running backs. Whitehead is a LB, Small just most likely isn't going to play until he's a junior, hodge is a big back, and I wouldn't be surprised if he plays some H back. We still bring everyone else back barring a transfer, but adding Evans would be the only real impact running back we add this class, at least instant impact for sure.

Yeah kinda nuts. Not sure I get it, but hey. It also undermines the people that say, "well we offered him, trust staff". While I do trust, it's hard to take every offer as meaning the kid is high on our board or perfectly meets some strict parameters or measurables. We must have huge boards for each position.
CJP has to confuse the enemies that follow him around to snatch his recruits at the last minute on who he really wants.

Should antidepressants that cause suicidal tendencies be renamed overlydepressants.
The way I've heard the phenomenon described is that a clinically depressed person doesn't have the energy to go through the action of suicide. When on antidepressants, you go through a stage where you have developed that energy, but are still depressed.

VN Store

Back