'20 FL WR Malachi Wideman (Tennessee signee)

Why can’t we develop these guys?

All I know is what I read here (and I recognize that is suspect), but it sounds like far more than a development issue. If a guy won't go to class, he isn't interested in being here. If he won't take advantage of all the help offered to him, he isn't interested. Pretty simple it seems to me.

How is this a development issue?

I think the question: is why can't the 4 & 5 stars we sign all perform like 4 & 5 stars in college?

My top answers are:

(1) we've had a coaching carousel going on 15 years now - we all remember the glory days of the 1990s, but a CRITICAL ingredient there was remarkable coaching consistency that stretched back to the early 1980s - consistent coaching leads to better retention and development

(2) everybody has 4 & 5 star busts - ours are more pronounced b/c we have fewer 4 & 5 stars in total than, say, a Bama or Georgia

I think we've got to fix (1) first and foremost above everything else - we need coaching consistency in the worst way.

Reactions: PA Vol and 825VOL
I think the question: is why can't the 4 & 5 stars we sign all perform like 4 & 5 stars in college?

My top answers are:

(1) we've had a coaching carousel going on 15 years now - we all remember the glory days of the 1990s, but a CRITICAL ingredient there was remarkable coaching consistency that stretched back to the early 1980s - consistent coaching leads to better retention and development

(2) everybody has 4 & 5 star busts - ours are more pronounced b/c we have fewer 4 & 5 stars in total than, say, a Bama or Georgia

I think we've got to fix (1) first and foremost above everything else - we need coaching consistency in the worst way.
I think you’re overthinking it. This kid just didn’t go to class, got semi injured, and then lacked motivation to get over those obstacles. Do we get the scholarship back?

Why can’t we develop these guys?

I was talking to someone who was very close to the situation last year...I'm not going to say who but you can check my post history is you want...I'm not someone who has ever claimed an inside source and even in this case I rarely talk football with this person because I don't want it interfering with our family's friendship...

We were talking about WR and specifically the "big WR's" on the team...he said "Tillman is solid and Keyton is a star if he can put it all together"...I said "what about Wideman"....he said "crackhead...won't be with the program in the fall...I guarantee it"

I was talking to someone who was very close to the situation last year...I'm not going to say who but you can check my post history is you want...I'm not someone who has ever claimed an inside source and even in this case I rarely talk football with this person because I don't want it interfering with our family's friendship...

We were talking about WR and specifically the "big WR's" on the team...he said "Tillman is solid and Keyton is a star if he can put it all together"...I said "what about Wideman"....he said "crackhead...won't be with the program in the fall...I guarantee it"
Does that mean not very smart or a for real crack addict ?

Ppl rarely call someone a crackhead without meaning they’re on drugs of some sort

It's hard to argue with that...the tone of the conversation made me think about the old saying "$1,000,000 body, $0.50 brain"...like he has all the physical ability in the world but just makes a lot of bonehead decisions

Absolute freak athlete, who couldn't get on the field under the coach who signed him, who appeared 2 have no culture, or discipline when it came to players. If he couldn't c the field under those conditions, did anyone really expect him to excel or even play for that matter under another coach? I certainly didn't.

VN Store

Back