'20 FL WR Malachi Wideman (Tennessee signee)

Has anyone seen a 40 time for Wideman? I'm just curious; I couldn't care less if it was a 4.8 by the way he plays, but I just haven't seen it stated anywhere that I can remember.

Reminds me of the Lee kid that Tee coached at Usc.
Marqise Lee? How so? Lee was a decently thick 6-0, 190 as a freshman. He beat people with strength and separation off the line whereas Wideman is maybe 4-5 inches taller, remarkably thinner, and wins with athleticism on contested jump balls. They seem like very opposite kinds of players to me. What similarities do you see?

Best wr class for us ever? I dont know about that, the Peyton Manning class was pretty stout. Nash,Staley Kyler,McColough and Hampton were all very highly thought of.

Yea thats why I said might be or atleast near the top. Peyton had some great college receivers, but very few did much in the NFL and I really think Peyton made most of them look better than they probably were. Who knows what these 4 will do, but they are a very diverse group. I think Casey had the better top to bottom WR groups than Peyton did with Stallworth, Washington, Eric Parker, Cedric Wilson,David Martin, Tony Brown, James Banks, Jayson Swain, Chris Hannon, CJ Fayton, Montell Jones, Mark Jones and Bobby Graham over the course of his 4 yrs.. If I was picking top 3, then Peyton probably had the best but Casey had 8-9 WR's a year he would throw to plus Jason Whitten, Troy Fleming, Cedric Houston, Travis Stephens, Travis Henry, Will Bartholomew, Derrick Tinsley and Gerald Riggs Jr. In Casey's 4 years, 21 players caught atleast 20 passes during his time as our QB. Looking at that just the offense we had, it's depressing to see all those names and not one NC. Those teams were loaded offensively and defensively with great college and NFL players. Exactly why I hate Spurrier and Saban, they single handedly cost us numerous chances of playing for the NC, but some reason, Spurrier in particular had Fulmers number. They were great years and fun teams to watch under Fulmer but he definitely underachieved numerous years.

Marqise Lee? How so? Lee was a decently thick 6-0, 190 as a freshman. He beat people with strength and separation off the line whereas Wideman is maybe 4-5 inches taller, remarkably thinner, and wins with athleticism on contested jump balls. They seem like very opposite kinds of players to me. What similarities do you see?
Just the athleticism.

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
Now that you mention it, I think I remember that. They missed on that one, didn't they?

I seem to remember that Staley was one of the earlier dominoes to fall in that class.
If you ever have an hour set aside for bemusement, take a gander at one of those Lemming or Emfinger top 100’s in a year where you recognize a generational player fell through. Parade nailed their Junior Seau pick after his senior season...but it was at ATHLETE. Remember Andy Kelly making it as a punter.

If you ever have an hour set aside for bemusement, take a gander at one of those Lemming or Emfinger top 100’s in a year where you recognize a generational player fell through. Parade nailed their Junior Seau pick after his senior season...but it was at ATHLETE. Remember Andy Kelly making it as a punter.
I forgot about Andy's punter ranking lol.

Ok, guys and gals, I did get a little carried away with my comparison of Wideman to Moss and Jordan. But I did throw in the "-like" and I was just really comparing Wideman and Jordan's dunking ability, not all their bb skills. But anyway, I'm very happy UT snagged Wideman and I really think he will be a great WR at UT and hopefully, eventually, a damn good basketball for Barnes and company, also

Yea thats why I said might be or atleast near the top. Peyton had some great college receivers, but very few did much in the NFL and I really think Peyton made most of them look better than they probably were. Who knows what these 4 will do, but they are a very diverse group. I think Casey had the better top to bottom WR groups than Peyton did with Stallworth, Washington, Eric Parker, Cedric Wilson,David Martin, Tony Brown, James Banks, Jayson Swain, Chris Hannon, CJ Fayton, Montell Jones, Mark Jones and Bobby Graham over the course of his 4 yrs.. If I was picking top 3, then Peyton probably had the best but Casey had 8-9 WR's a year he would throw to plus Jason Whitten, Troy Fleming, Cedric Houston, Travis Stephens, Travis Henry, Will Bartholomew, Derrick Tinsley and Gerald Riggs Jr. In Casey's 4 years, 21 players caught atleast 20 passes during his time as our QB. Looking at that just the offense we had, it's depressing to see all those names and not one NC. Those teams were loaded offensively and defensively with great college and NFL players. Exactly why I hate Spurrier and Saban, they single handedly cost us numerous chances of playing for the NC, but some reason, Spurrier in particular had Fulmers number. They were great years and fun teams to watch under Fulmer but he definitely underachieved numerous years.
I agree concerning Fulmer & Spurrier...not sure how or why, but Spurrier just gave Fulmer fits. It was kinda like he imposed the mental hurdle in a sense. I like what Pruitt is building tho. And I think he’s doing great learning on the job in his first HC stint. I think Pruitt has the potential to lead us to another NC. Hopefully it comes to fruition.

Ok, guys and gals, I did get a little carried away with my comparison of Wideman to Moss and Jordan. But I did throw in the "-like" and I was just really comparing Wideman and Jordan's dunking ability, not all their bb skills. But anyway, I'm very happy UT snagged Wideman and I really think he will be a great WR at UT and hopefully, eventually, a damn good basketball for Barnes and company, also

Meh, glad you did. It'll give the stalking dawgs something to blow out of proportion on their boards.

They'll have Wideman as a 2 star and the entirety of VN as swearing he is better than MJ and could've have taken him in his prime.
Then we can laugh at them for being stupid. It's a win-win.

Does anybody remember what thread the 400m jokes came from? I remember the convo, but I cant remember whose thread.

VN Store

Back