'20 FL WR Malachi Wideman (Tennessee signee)

"No elite recruiters" 😂🤣😂
"Tee under performing (in recruiting)" So far I'll give you that one...
Regarding Tee, it really depends on what his guys do on the field. Some might think he is underperforming, but he may just have a different opinion than the "recruiting experts." Let's see how Tee's speed racers do first.

Reactions: GiggerVol
Kiffin to Evans and Wideman, "Come here, start day 1, no competition, position is all yours, and go to the NFL in 3 years"
We have plenty of PT available for both of these players with a more competitive environment that will make them better. The whole come here for 3 years and start right away leads to player development we saw under Butch.

Reactions: white65
Agree with this 100 percent. His short stay here seems to indicate that he has a knack for finding guys on his own. How often did we see a guy get his first " BIG OFFER " only to have several other schools jump in the water soon after. That is very telling to me. I think we have the right man. He will polish these 3 stars and along with the 4 and 5s he does get and will have us back in the real conversation sooner rather than later. Then he will be getting more and more of the A list guys assuming they are a fit.
There's another part of that that some here bristle at. If Pruitt proves he finds talented 3*'s at a higher rate than most.... then you see the recruiting rankings begin to favor his high 3* with a 4th star. There's no doubt that Saban has always recognized and signed great talent. But IMO... the recruiting sites knowing that often account for it in their rankings. By and large, if a kid has Saban and other top coaches chasing him then the recruiting sites will give them a higher ranking.

Classic chicken and egg debate... but I tend to side with great coaches being first.

Can we guarantee that he will be a starter?
He wouldn't be a starter for UT... which is one reason he'd be a fool to go to Ole Miss where he likely would be.

Freak athlete but he doesn't need to be a #1 receiver until he gets bigger.

in 2020 Nieds landed Henry T, Darnell Wright, and Quavaris Crouch. But in 2021 he suddenly sucks at recruiting according to VN....
As has been stated some just do not have the stamina and fortitude to handle recruiting. Most of the time things don't go your way. If you focus on that instead of the 25, you will always be disappointed.

in 2020 Nieds landed Henry T, Darnell Wright, and Quavaris Crouch. But in 2021 he suddenly sucks at recruiting according to VN....

It's the typical, myopic "what have you done for me lately" LOMs. If you don't land three 5* recruits every year, you suck as a recruiter.

The early season struggles negatively impacted this recruiting class, and makes every coaches' job more difficult.

"Wideman is a Rivals100 wide receiver from Florida that has been committed to Florida State since May, but Ole Miss has been the school trending. He visited Oxford over the weekend, Lane Kiffin made him a priority and it looks like Wideman is likely to flip to the Rebels. You cannot completely rule Tennessee out either, but Ole Miss is the program with the momentum late."

- Chad Simmons
giphy-56.gif

VN Store

Back