'20 FL WR Malachi Wideman (Tennessee signee)

JP has has added SEC size and speed during his time here. One cannot compete in this Conference without the above. Leach will be fun to watch MS with his philosophy. We are signing some highly rated recruits and kids that JP sees potential in for the future. We will miss on some but JP has made UTK a real option for the 5 stars. One could not say that on a consistent basis prior to his hiring. JMO.

I beg to differ, but that is my opinion. How many 5*s that we wanted did we get so far?

Starting 0-2 hurt us with chances at the 5* guys unfortunately. However, it seems we’re just now gaining back that recruiting momentum we had before the bad start. The staff is doing quite well considering the circumstances but it would have been nice to not shoot ourselves in the foot in the first place.

We do need more difference makers in order to close the gap with our rivals. I’m hoping we take this new momentum and land some in 2021.

There is just about as much talent in Tennessee as in Louisiana. Believe it or not, we put out similar number of blue chips. We recruit pretty well in Georgia. We just signed the best QB in the country out of Georgia.

I’m not saying it’s impossible to recruit those states but Georgia statistically has way more talent than Tennessee instate. They are deeper.

I’m not saying it’s impossible to recruit those states but Georgia statistically has way more talent than Tennessee instate. They are deeper.
Of course they do. Georgia is probably the best state in the country for recruiting. It is not really something Georgia has taken a real advantage of in opting to recruit nationally. They signed only six in state guys in this class. Auburn owned the state with nine from Georgia. Clemson plucked six from Georgia. Bama took five. Tennessee and LSU took four. Basically Georgia is a free for all.

Last edited:
Really don't care about the stars, as long as we have a coach that can recognize talent and coach them up I'm good. How much difference is there between a 5 star and a high 4 star? Just really happy to finally have a coach that doesn't give two hoots about a desk jockeys ratings and goes hard for the guys he wants. To each their own though.

Have you noticed our recruiting ranking in the SEC for the last couple of years? We are middle of the pack.
Considering we were the bottom of the pack seems we are moving in the right direction with coaches that can coach. So you can complain because we are not jumping from last to first, or you can enjoy the ride.

VN Store

Back