'20 FL WR Malachi Wideman (Tennessee signee)

Ole Miss and Oregon both have something special to catch a recruits attention. Don't discount the eye candy both can display.

Other than the blondes in the grove what eye candy you talkin' about with Ole Piss?

this dude is not going to ole miss.

They did just put AJ Brown and DK Metcalf into the pros and they were both big parts of playoff teams. Different coaching staff, but that doesn't always matter to kids.

They did just put AJ Brown and DK Metcalf into the pros and they were both big parts of playoff teams. Different coaching staff, but that doesn't always matter to kids.

Those guys were also extremely under utilized.

THE PICK: Tennessee

I lean towards Tennessee for Top247 receiver Malachi Wideman with Oregon the other challenger for the long-time Florida State commit who likely ends up elsewhere when all said and done. The Vols hosted Wideman two weekends ago and the Ducks did this past weekend, and while I think it may be close between the two, I believe distance will win out — Wideman is out of Sarasota, Fla., — and Pruitt and his staff will land the blue-chip pass catcher. Wideman is the No. 22 receiver and No. 120 prospect overall.

-Wiltfong

I'd trade Beckwith for Evans. It's been said that Evans has precognition's before every snap, so that's why his vision is so good. He doesn't want to let the cat out the bag, so he let's the defense tackle him sometimes.
the best black-jack player that i've ever seen purposesly loses at times for the same effect as you've mentioned. makes him blend in as an average joe and doesn't draw attention to himself.

As much as I'd like to get Evans, Wideman is the most important remaining target out there IMO. Really hope we get him. We need more talent at WR.

Wideman, Hyatt, and Calloway (with the added possibility of Holiday) would be a great WR haul for this class.
And an absolute shocker iyam. Not that long ago we had 3* hyatt and an 85 rated calloway. Now they're both 4*s and wideman is a monster. Maaan

This guy is most important, Beckwith is a great athlete but there is no telling how well he would do as a WR or a TE. Plus, if he is more enamored with BBall that does not translate very well insofar as his concentration on football. But I would sure love to have Beckwith and see how he develops...

As much as I'd like to get Evans, Wideman is the most important remaining target out there IMO. Really hope we get him. We need more talent at WR.

Wideman, Hyatt, and Calloway (with the added possibility of Holiday) would be a great WR haul for this class.
I'm with you on that. A big buzz created over Evans this past week and Beckwith leaning Gator amounts to hype, imo. Wideman is highly rated and field ready once he learns the system. He may not start early in the season but you can bet UT will use him lots in the red zone. As for athletic ability plus other factors such as academics, legal problems, etc....Wideman is the best and safest route UT could take.

So if we land Wideman, who do you think will crack the rotation and who do they try and RS?

Personally, I think Calloway will be the only one that doesn't RS. I think Hyatt and Wideman will get some exposure in up to 4 games, but I see them trying to give them each a RS year, Hyatt for sure.

So if we land Wideman, who do you think will crack the rotation and who do they try and RS?

Personally, I think Calloway will be the only one that doesn't RS. I think Hyatt and Wideman will get some exposure in up to 4 games, but I see them trying to give them each a RS year, Hyatt for sure.
if we get Wideman I bet Calloway ends up at DB

Reactions: ionaVOL

VN Store

Back