'20 FL WR Malachi Wideman (Tennessee signee)

Not familiar with the steaking process. 🤔

Apparently, @Bassmaster_Vol confused him with this Malachi, who is a Vampire:
Lord Malachi

The Bassmaster, in trying to minimize deforestation (or possibly because he doesn't understand the difference between steak and stake) decided that it was best to kill Malachi by impaling him with a T-Bone.

Disagree on the 25. McBride and Solomon not being 2019 ICs means we only had 23 2019 counters. 2 of the EEs are being back counted to 2019. .. 25 2020 ICs + 2 back counted = 27.
You have to go backwards to complete this equation. We were already 2 behind from the prior class. K Solomon and A Harris HAD to be blueshirted per 247 to even get in and reach 25 last class. Meaning, we really just had 23 spots straight up last year. We are still paying off Butch's antics.

The whole McBride situation is only speculation. Neither ToS has commented on his signee spot being returned. Maybe so, then we can sign 25 without the need of anyone blueshirting.

Harris didn't make it last year, so we may be 24+1 this class. Or McBride's spot also got released, so we can take 25 straight up. Or we are also grayshirting guys, so we even go to 26 or 27...or idk, VQ says 27 or 28, but don't want to explain anything. Which is fine. I am skeptical, but hope they are right.

Last edited:
Lord Malachi

The Bassmaster, in trying to minimize deforestation (or possibly because he doesn't understand the difference between steak and stake) decided that it was best to kill Malachi by impaling him with a T-Bone.
Sounds reasonable to me.
GBO!!

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
We only have 5 wide receivers on scholarship right now, this kid is a really good talent. We also have spots left for 20 class.
Always room for more WR's. We've got Palmer, Johnson, Gibbs, Tillman,Keyton, plus newbies Hyatt, Calloway and Velus Jones. We will have 8 scholarship WR"s and hopefully atleast one more.

Reactions: Tnfan41
If this kid is as raw as the articles I’ve read claim, and he’s as athletic as the same articles indicate, I could see Pruitt looking at this kid as an 6’4, cornerback project.
GBO!!

Lord Malachi

Dude’s starving since that Thai monk came into town...Freudian slip.

You have to go backwards to complete this equation. We were already 2 behind from the prior class. K Solomon and A Harris HAD to be blueshirted per 247 to even get in and reach 25 last class. Meaning, we really just had 23 spots straight up last year. We are still paying off Butch's antics.

The whole McBride situation is only speculation. Neither ToS has commented on his signee spot being returned. Maybe so, then we can sign 25 without the need of anyone blueshirting.

Harris didn't make it last year, so we may be 24+1 this class. Or McBride's spot also got released, so we can take 25 straight up. Or we are also grayshirting guys, so we even go to 26 or 27...or idk, VQ says 27 or 28, but don't want to explain anything. Which is fine. I am skeptical, but hope they are right.
You lost count 4 exits back. 😴 We’re paid up on Butch’s blueshirt debt.

Reactions: JacketVol

I have been following UTs recruiting classes very closely and trying to keep up with scholarships numbers since Majors came marching home in 1977. I have detailed records of each UT class back to 2002. I know that B. Thompson & B. Davis were supposedly the blue shirts that counted forward from 2018 to 2019. So everyone assumed we had only 23 ICs left for 2019. The 2 BS players for 2019 to 2020 were supposed to be Harris and K. Solomon last year but Harris never signed/qualified and K. Solomon ended up being a PWO. Then I'm also confident McBride's medical retirement appeal has been approved to return his IC for 2019.

It's hard to really know the true numbers as the coaches appeal to the NCAA to get ICs back due to different player circumstances all the time. Some appeals may go back multiple years. There were multiple players that went out on medical retirements in the past couple years and Brant Lawless was released from his LOI in 2018. Only the coaches know which appeals were approved and I don't think they leak the info to VQ or 247. They don't want other teams to know their true numbers.

This will be my last comment on the subject as most other posters hate the numbers discussion. We will just have to agree to disagree on the numbers as the only people who really know are the coaches and compliance staff.

27 posted this the other day.

giphy.gif

I have been following UTs recruiting classes very closely and trying to keep up with scholarships numbers since Majors came marching home in 1977. I have detailed records of each UT class back to 2002. I know that B. Thompson & B. Davis were supposedly the blue shirts that counted forward from 2018 to 2019. So everyone assumed we had only 23 ICs left for 2019. The 2 BS players for 2019 to 2020 were supposed to be Harris and K. Solomon last year but Harris never signed/qualified and K. Solomon ended up being a PWO. Then I'm also confident McBride's medical retirement appeal has been approved to return his IC for 2019.

It's hard to really know the true numbers as the coaches appeal to the NCAA to get ICs back due to different player circumstances all the time. Some appeals may go back multiple years. There were multiple players that went out on medical retirements in the past couple years and Brant Lawless was released from his LOI in 2018. Only the coaches know which appeals were approved and I don't think they leak the info to VQ or 247. They don't want other teams to know their true numbers.

This will be my last comment on the subject as most other posters hate the numbers discussion. We will just have to agree to disagree on the numbers as the only people who really know are the coaches and compliance staff.
Fair enough. To your backcounting theory, both Hubbs and Callahan have said we cannot backcount. I get they don't have 100% info, but they've each been pretty emphatic about this 1 point at least.

Last edited:
I don't know. We definitely need talent/depth at WR. We have transfers as a short term fix, but we only have 1 WR this cycle with Hyatt. If he's open to our invitations, we could be pursuing him as an insurance policy.

We need playmakers and this kid is a playmaker. I can see us trying to greyshirt a guy like Tee Hodge or Jimmy Holiday which are all likely to end up vying for the same position anyway (slot WR, at least IMO).

NOTE: I'm spitballing here.
Where do you see we only have one WR. Jimmy Calloway ?? Darion Williamson is recruited as a WR also

trips...til they ain't.

i don't know if we'd try to make room at this point? would imagine adding Velus wraps things up at WR.

still....6'4" with some speed and athleticism....not sure we have anyone with that kind of length + speed at WR right now?

would seem greedy at this point...lol.
Greedy is as greedy does. Load em up. GBO

VN Store

Back