'20 FL WR Malachi Wideman (Tennessee signee)

I think we have space for two more and count Jones toward 2020.

Evans or another transfer will be the deciding factor for Jones.

Idk if we are going to get Wideman. But the logic fits. We bring McConkey in for a visit, tell him we want him, but just may not have enough spots.

5 players for 2 spots.
Beckwith - Vol

1 Spot Left:
Evans - unlikely but can BS Jones if needed
Caldwell - USCjr

That leaves Wideman and McConkey for the final spot. If the staff didn’t feel at least somewhat confident I think they extend the offer to McConkey because he would have committed on the spot. At the bare minimum they tell McConkey, hey I think we will have a spot, sit tight for now.

I don't think the staff wants McConkey. They already have 2 smaller WRs committed. I think they'd rather leave the spot open for a grad transfer that could help us.

From a poster on 247 that seems to know things...

Ole Miss has the slight edge. I think those around him want the Vols but Wideman himself is fresh off a great visit to Ole Miss. Does the shine wear off by tomorrow? Tennessee will have a chance to sway this back. The thing that helps Tennessee right now is Wideman’s mentor is close with one of the coaches on staff.

Let me add that Wideman has not told either staff he is coming. That is a positive for Tennessee imo.

I don't think the staff wants McConkey. They already have 2 smaller WRs committed. I think they'd rather leave the spot open for a grad transfer that could help us.

I don't think they want McConkey either. I think they are extremely confident that they are getting Beckwith or Wideman and maybe both. If they weren't confident there I think they would have really pushed super hard for Caldwell who has the size and who they have always seemed to like much better anyway.

Siap

"On Wednesday afternoon just after 1:30 p.m. in the Venice High gym, the four-star athlete will make his decision official and sign his National Letter of Intent — bringing an end to months of questions and rumors."

I don't think grad transfers ar going to help us. We now have pretty good talent in every position and we would be selling the future for just a little bit of insurance. We have gotten very little from the grad transfer market.

VN Store

Back