'20 FL WR Malachi Wideman (Tennessee signee)

I have a question regarding the 2020 recruits that are not EE. Do most come to TN right after their HS graduation and enroll in Summer School? Are they required or pressured to do so ?
Most do. Not required. Just have to be enrolled in fall. Pruitt has stated he doesn't encourage kids to enroll early but I'm sure he's happy if they do. I'm sure some coaches do pressure it. Butch seemed to emphasize how important it was publicly if I remember right. Pruitt has downplayed it somewhat.

So here's something all of you should know. Malachi is a superhero to all the kids that are growing up in Sarasota/Manatee counties. A year ago, my kids left practice and their entire team was standing around watching highlights of Malachi dunking in basketball and running away from kids when at Riverview Highschool in Sarasota. All kids aged 17 and younger in Bradenton, Sarasota, & Venice mimic him when dunking on 7-8 foot rims. They pretend to be him when returning kicks on pick up games. Kids that don't even play basketball or football come to see him play. I live in Sarasota now but I grew up in Venice. I attended Venice highschool. When he switched to VHS his senior season, I was thrilled. Venice has become a major player in all sports now under AD Pete Dombrowski (he was my baseball coach when I played freshman JV baseball). Best thing about Pete is that he's from Jersey and a Rutgers fan. He, nor his coaches push kids to any particular school. There are other kids Tennessee needs to start looking at also including Chuck Brantley (physical corner). Anyway, thought I'd share. There will be a lot of kids wearing orange in Sarasota, Venice, and Bradenton when Malachi starts doing what he does best, ballin out!

Dang. Took me a second to realize that was Kiffin. Some serious mileage, and poundage, added in the last decade. He looks shitt-faced in that pic.

Left coast Kiffin got himself a Bubba look going on in Oxford tryna win hearts and minds. I expect he'll be working it up real professional and looks like he got it started pretty good.

Left coast Kiffin got himself a Bubba look going on in Oxford tryna win hearts and minds. I expect he'll be working it up real professional and looks like he got it started pretty good.

Too bad he sounds like a passive-aggressive, entitled powder-puff of a man when he speaks. He won’t be in Oxford long enough to learn the drawl.

Our basketball program is fairly terrible? And Wideman will get more playing time at Tennessee in basketball than he would at FSU? It doesn't sound like this guy follows basketball recruiting very much. That is all I will say.

It pisses me off to even have to say this but only losing 3 sec games in a season isn’t actually that bad. We went 8-5. What was FSU’s record? And how good is their conference? It pisses me off to say the 3 sec thing because we had a great **** at a 10 win season last year. Oh well. Anyway...screw this dude and screw FSU. They still salty about the whooping we gave them when it mattered most

Reactions: ChiTownVol
It pisses me off to even have to say this but only losing 3 sec games in a season isn’t actually that bad. We went 8-5. What was FSU’s record? And how good is their conference? It pisses me off to say the 3 sec thing because we had a great **** at a 10 win season last year. Oh well. Anyway...screw this dude and screw FSU. They still salty about the whooping we gave them when it mattered most
As far as the 2 we should have won last year, all you can say is"you learn from your mistakes." And I firmly believe the team and the coaches did learn. Proof they found ways to win after the fact. Now this next year I expect huge strides in the offense. More cohesiveness with the OL, QB room evolution especially with all the fast and athletic WR we got this class. Defense all around was not too bad, only losing Warrior and Bituli is huge. Expect the DL to play aggressively without thinking too much. LB room got its depth now. Secondary looks great, just whi replacing warrior is only question really. Gonna be fun to watch this new team play.

I think we got the best WR haul in the country.

We definitely just added size, speed, athleticism and unreal potential at the WR position. This may be the best WR class ever at TN, if not then very close. We probably have the 2nd best WR group coming in. Damn Ohio St had two 5* and two 4* and they got 4 of the top 16 WR's in the country. I really thought there was no way anyone brought in a better group of WR's than us. Ohio St had the best and us and Ga probably tied for #2. Ga had four 4* and a 3* and we had four 4*. But throw in Velus Jones, a former 4* and with Gibbs redshirting that's a former 5* plus the former 3* we got from Nebraska. So I'd give us the #1 WR class in the SEC and #2 in the country when you factor in HS recruits and Grad Transfers. I'd put us a very close second to Ohio St..Considering we ranked up at the top with our WR class with teams like Ohio St and Ga is very impressive. A helluva job by CJP and staff. Just imagine the type class they could pull after a couple back to back good seasons on the field...Should quieten the negavols, who continue questioning CJP's abilities as a recruiter. I also don't think we're done in the grad transfer market or in our recruiting class!😉😉 GBO!!

That is also when Claussen shined. When he was running a designed offense, he sucked. He was great twwo minute offense situation where he just threw to a pre-determined receiver, but he couldn't go through progressions for anything.

I don't remember this. Casey was very good at reading defense's, checking down and going through his progression's. You don't start 4 yrs, put up the numbers and wins he did if he couldn't go through progressions , check down or read defense's. Outside of Peyton, Casey and Heath are still my favorite Vol QB's.

We definitely just added size, speed, athleticism and unreal potential at the WR position. This may be the best WR class ever at TN, if not then very close. We probably have the 2nd best WR group coming in. Damn Ohio St had two 5* and two 4* and they got 4 of the top 16 WR's in the country. I really thought there was no way anyone brought in a better group of WR's than us. Ohio St had the best and us and Ga probably tied for #2. Ga had four 4* and a 3* and we had four 4*. But throw in Velus Jones, a former 4* and with Gibbs redshirting that's a former 5* plus the former 3* we got from Nebraska. So I'd give us the #1WR class in the SEC and #2 in the country when you factor in HS recruits and Grad Transfers. I'd put us a very close second to Ohio St..Considering we ranked up at the top with our WR class with teams like Ohio St and Ga is very impressive. A helluva job by CJP and staff. Just imagine the type class they could pull after a couple back to back good seasons on the field...Should quieten the negavols, who continue questioning CJP's abilities as a recruiter. I also don't think we're done in the grad transfer market or in our recruiting class!😉😉 GBO!!
Best wr class for us ever? I dont know about that, the Peyton Manning class was pretty stout. Nash,Staley Kyler,McColough and Hampton were all very highly thought of.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
We definitely just added size, speed, athleticism and unreal potential at the WR position. This may be the best WR class ever at TN, if not then very close. We probably have the 2nd best WR group coming in. Damn Ohio St had two 5* and two 4* and they got 4 of the top 16 WR's in the country. I really thought there was no way anyone brought in a better group of WR's than us. Ohio St had the best and us and Ga probably tied for #2. Ga had four 4* and a 3* and we had four 4*. But throw in Velus Jones, a former 4* and with Gibbs redshirting that's a former 5* plus the former 3* we got from Nebraska. So I'd give us the #1 WR class in the SEC and #2 in the country when you factor in HS recruits and Grad Transfers. I'd put us a very close second to Ohio St..Considering we ranked up at the top with our WR class with teams like Ohio St and Ga is very impressive. A helluva job by CJP and staff. Just imagine the type class they could pull after a couple back to back good seasons on the field...Should quieten the negavols, who continue questioning CJP's abilities as a recruiter. I also don't think we're done in the grad transfer market or in our recruiting class!😉😉 GBO!!
Wideman is the most athletic freak we’ve had since Justin Hunter. And Beckwith could be a game-changer and he’s only a 3 star. And with the transfers I would say we are, at least, equal to Ohio State in that we filled needs and ramped up the unit’s ability.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Wideman is the most athletic freak we’ve had since Justin Hunter. And Beckwith could be a game-changer and he’s only a 3 star. And with the transfers I would say we are, at least, equal to Ohio State in that we filled needs and ramped up the unit’s ability.
Replaced skillsets we already had (Jennings/ Beckwith) and added skillsets we didn’t have, namely redzone catch radius (Wideman), slippery quick yac (Calloway) and pure nasty speed (Hyatt) who’s also a polished route runner, which makes him even faster. This doesn’t include Holiday and his 4.3 speed because he’s currently a QB.

Replaced skillsets we already had (Jennings/ Beckwith) and added skillsets we didn’t have, namely redzone catch radius (Wideman), slippery quick yac (Calloway) and pure nasty speed (Hyatt) who’s also a polished route runner, which makes him even faster. This doesn’t include Holiday and his 4.3 speed because he’s currently a QB.
So waiting to see the wildcat with Holiday and all the speed we added and these rebounders on the outside. :p

So here's something all of you should know. Malachi is a superhero to all the kids that are growing up in Sarasota/Manatee counties. A year ago, my kids left practice and their entire team was standing around watching highlights of Malachi dunking in basketball and running away from kids when at Riverview Highschool in Sarasota. All kids aged 17 and younger in Bradenton, Sarasota, & Venice mimic him when dunking on 7-8 foot rims. They pretend to be him when returning kicks on pick up games. Kids that don't even play basketball or football come to see him play. I live in Sarasota now but I grew up in Venice. I attended Venice highschool. When he switched to VHS his senior season, I was thrilled. Venice has become a major player in all sports now under AD Pete Dombrowski (he was my baseball coach when I played freshman JV baseball). Best thing about Pete is that he's from Jersey and a Rutgers fan. He, nor his coaches push kids to any particular school. There are other kids Tennessee needs to start looking at also including Chuck Brantley (physical corner). Anyway, thought I'd share. There will be a lot of kids wearing orange in Sarasota, Venice, and Bradenton when Malachi starts doing what he does best, ballin out!
I was surprised to see how much of a following he already has on social media.

VN Store

Back