'24 FL WR Joshisa "JoJo" Trader

Hope so, but in the 23 class, we didn’t get one that the top teams wanted if Seldon plays RB and we had Nico’s help. Is it our NIL? Don’t know but a first round draft pick would help though some 2024s will commit prior to the draft. Recruits see the Bama, OHSt, LSU and Clemson first rounders at this point.

In the ‘23 class we beat Bama and UGA for like 6-8 guys. KingNico listed them a while back.

My post was regarding WRs. We got zero if Seldon is a RB.

I would argue all of those teams should follow UT’s WR recruiting instead of Vols trying to “measure up” to them.

Vols are the team that just had the #1 offense in all of college football and the Biletnikoff award winner. Literally can’t do better than that.

I would argue all of those teams should follow UT’s WR recruiting instead of Vols trying to “measure up” to them.

Vols are the team that just had the #1 offense in all of college football and the Biletnikoff award winner. Literally can’t do better than that.

Yes, and he is gone. OHSt has had first rounders and playoff teams. AL won their championships with multiple first round WRs and were not as good even with a fabulous QB when they did not have similar. Same with Clemson.

Last edited:
Dude is only the 107th ranked player in the composite. Not good enough.

I’ve said I like Leacock. The post was if Seldon is a RB, we did not get a guy that AL, GA or OHSt really wanted in spite of Nico’s help. That’s a fact. I think we need first round talent beyond just putting up numbers. I’m hoping Hyatt is and we can recruit more.

Yes, and he is gone.

Not sure how that changes my point that those teams should be following Heupel’s offensive recruiting instead of the other way around?

Should check out CJH’s track record on offense. Whoever he recruits at WR is the right guy. Out of the teams you listed, only OSU consistently has a top offense.

Honestly no reason to worry about, or want anything different at all, on that side of the ball - ever - with CJH in charge.

I’ve said I like Leacock. The post was if Seldon is a RB, we did not get a guy that AL, GA or OHSt really wanted in spite of Nico’s help. That’s a fact. I think we need first round talent beyond just putting up numbers. I’m hoping Hyatt is and we can recruit more.

I understand what you’re saying.

What I’m saying is Heup is gonna trot out, at worst, a top 10 offense every year. There’s just no need to want anything different or worry about offense.

Cris Carter (Ohio State alum) has/had a training program in the Ft. Lauderdale area and coaches at St. Thomas Aquinas high school. I believe that this is why so many South Florida kids end up at Ohio St.

This is correct. I've had multiple friends that went to STA and have talked about this. I also don't think CJH's personality profile fits with five star wide receiver talent. Those guys tend to be me first diva types and we have seen that our staff does not typically bring in kids with that mentality. I think we would rather scheme open less talented guys and attract more mature portal players then deal with head case kids. Plenty of kids like Nathan leacock who are rated lower and develop later who can be just as effective and don't have the same sense of entitlement. Most five stars have just developed and matured at an earlier age than other kids or benefited from great QB play in high school. I prefer us to continue to invest in QB's and offensive linemen.

I'm cool with Heupels offensive approach on recruiting in general.That being said we all watched a couple teams here of late absolutely fall apart when their top tier wrs went down.Ohio state was a completely different team once Harrison was taken out.If Harrison doesn't get concussed I'm not sure Georgia wins that game.

Its the same with Bama few years back losing Jameson and Metchie iirc.Im just saying to act like not getting those top flight wrs isn't a big deal is a bit silly.I also think Heupels system is very friendly on offense and we're deep enuff and talented enuff to withstand something like that.I'm sure Bama Ohio state thought the same thing and we see how that worked out so u just never know.Tate never impressed me against top competition so that's an example where maybe Leacock will outperform and that's why I trust Heupels decisions.

This is correct. I've had multiple friends that went to STA and have talked about this. I also don't think CJH's personality profile fits with five star wide receiver talent. Those guys tend to be me first diva types and we have seen that our staff does not typically bring in kids with that mentality. I think we would rather scheme open less talented guys and attract more mature portal players then deal with head case kids. Plenty of kids like Nathan leacock who are rated lower and develop later who can be just as effective and don't have the same sense of entitlement. Most five stars have just developed and matured at an earlier age than other kids or benefited from great QB play in high school. I prefer us to continue to invest in QB's and offensive linemen.
I don’t think it’s fair to characterize every single high profile recruit as an “entitled” “diva” “head case kids” no matter what position they play just to fit a BS narrative that people try to employ to make people try to understand why your team isn’t getting as much traction with recruits as you’d hope to get. Never understood grown people that have absolutely zero clue about the true character of these kids try to put them down just because they’re highly talented athletes.

I don’t think it’s fair to characterize every single high profile recruit as an “entitled” “diva” “head case kids” no matter what position they play just to fit a BS narrative that people try to employ to make people try to understand why your team isn’t getting as much traction with recruits as you’d hope to get. Never understood grown people that have absolutely zero clue about the true character of these kids try to put them down just because they’re highly talented athletes.

No, it's a very generalized statement about the type of personality usually associated with elite recruits at the WR position, especially at a young age. It is an extremely rare person who can be put on a pedestal at a young age and not have it affect them in negative ways. Obviously, there are always exceptions and maturity helps temper the personality.....hence my portal comment.

I'm not putting anyone down or trying to justify a lack of traction. We obviously have been able to gain traction with elite talent... it just seems obvious to me that our HC's philosophy is to protect our culture at all costs and to focus on a specific personality type that usually is not found in the top few players at the wide receiver position coming out of high school. It is also completely understandable that OSU would be attractive to these type of recruits.

Not trying to be negative, but I don’t view us as a real contender. As far as I know he’s not been to campus and doesn’t have a plan to get here.

Not trying to be negative, but I don’t view us as a real contender. As far as I know he’s not been to campus and doesn’t have a plan to get here.

In his top 5 so we’ll see if we get an official. His plans are to not commit until Dec

VN Store

Back