'22 FL WR CJ Smith (Georgia commit)

Launched by the same man that started the previous 2. I'm really not worried by what the sites say on this kid. I can see the ability with my look balls.
Nobody's ripping the kid. It's just interesting that the coaching staffs' at issue here would have that different evaluation than the industry consensus. Sometimes the industry is wrong for sure but 200 spots would be way wrong.

Nobody's ripping the kid. It's just interesting that the coaching staffs' at issue here would have that different evaluation than the industry consensus. Sometimes the industry is wrong for sure but 200 spots would be way wrong.
I didn't say you were. I was saying that TOS are slow as a 90 yr old passing a stool on updates.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
He's severely underrated because of his size. He's listed at 155lbs. He looks bigger than that, and definitely plays much bigger. DeVonta Smith is only 170 right now. Squirrel will get bigger and stronger (possibly faster) in the S&C program and ball out here. We may have have gotten the best WRs out of Alabama, Georgia, and Arkansas in this class.

Thought I saw him listed on a highlight video around 170. Let's hope. Either way I'm excited about him

Exactly : quick vs fast

Same with me back in the day: I was fast but I wasn’t as quick. Put me on a post or fly pattern and I’d blow by defenders. Put my on a slant and some big dude with quickness could get me. Lol

He's not quick vs fast.
He's quick AND fast.

This guy and Josephs were my biggest wants of the class!.
Including any QB or DT...

He's not quick vs fast.
He's quick AND fast.

This guy and Josephs were my biggest wants of the class!.
Including any QB or DT...
Precisely, I should have added that as being the elite category when you have both. If you have both of those and size (Bo Jackson) you are a unicorn.

Reactions: LittleVol
I’m going to catch hell for it, but I don’t care. So I’m going to be “that guy” and say this staff will regret not taking this guy. He may not necessarily ball out at Georgia because of their system, but we’re in no position to tell a 6’1-6’2 WR with 10.28 100 meter speed with offers from every school in the SEC plus Michigan, Penn State, Notre Dame, and Florida State that we don’t want him “because we already have enough WRs” but will take a guy like Chas Nimrod who likely won’t see a meaningful snap till his 2nd or 3rd year on campus at best

Last edited:
We have such a good D staff! I worry these kids worry they will be on the field all day and that their play will look bad due to our offensive style. Why else would they not commit?
It just means that building depth on defense over the next few years is critical as 2nd & 3rd guys are going to see more PT. This staff will sell Early PT to defensive recruits.
We had no depth this past year and it showed.

Reactions: vegasvolfan
Funny that CJ's ranked alot higher. I'm not saying your wrong but if you are right the rankings are seriously off with both staffs' evals. Either way, I'm glad we kept Squirrel even if he needs to put on some weight.
Don’t worry about the weight. I believe Riggs, Smith, Waddle and Jeudy were all in the 160-165 range as high school seniors before arriving at Bama. Metchie was a bit bigger.

I’m going to catch hell for it, but I don’t care. So I’m going to be “that guy” and say this staff will regret not taking this guy. He may not necessarily ball out at Georgia because of their system, but we’re in no position to tell a 6’1-6’2 WR with 10.28 100 meter speed with offers from every school in the SEC plus Michigan, Penn State, Notre Dame, and Florida State that we don’t want him “because we already have enough WRs” but will take a guy like Chas Nimrod who likely won’t see a meaningful snap till his 2nd or 3rd year on campus at best
This kid has major injury concerns as well. The word out of Florida is that he's not capable of change of direction on routes right now.

Because he will get hurt or because his route running just isn’t very good?
Coaches question how his knee recovered from injury. He can run straight line, but not sure about exploding in and out of cuts on routes. Like I said, that's the rumors out of Florida.

Rumors said they asked for video of him making the required cuts for route running, and instead he decommited. Moderators and insiders on both the UGA and Florida sites are saying there are concerns with his knee still

Reactions: bigl3327
Hopefully you make it out of this ok. Being “that guy” comes with great responsibility.

Coaches question how his knee recovered from injury. He can run straight line, but not sure about exploding in and out of cuts on routes. Like I said, that's the rumors out of Florida.
Wasn’t it just a meniscus tear? That’s not a serious injury. I’m sure Florida fans are saying that because they lost him

Wasn’t it just a meniscus tear? That’s not a serious injury. I’m sure Florida fans are saying that because they lost him
My son had a meniscus tear his senior year that was extremely rare. It tore on the inside instead of the usual outside tear. It also looked like Freddie Krueger slashed it. Anyway, it took him over 3 months just to walk again after surgery, and two years on an intense training regimen to get his lateral movement back. Now he was a DT and not a WR, but everyone's assumption was that a meniscus tear wasn't a big deal. Now he's 23 with arthritis in his left knee.

VN Store

Back