'22 FL WR CJ Smith (Georgia commit)

Despite his familiarity with Heupel’s staff, the 6-foot-3, 180-pound Smith said he wasn’t counting on getting an offer from Tennessee at the time he received the news on March 9 during a conversation with Alex Golesh, the Vols’ offensive coordinator and tight ends coach. Golesh also informed Smith of his offer from UCF in early May before following Heupel to Tennessee.

The Vols were the second of four SEC teams to give Smith an offer this month, with Kentucky, Florida and Auburn also having entered the picture within the past few weeks. He also added offers from Michigan and Virginia on Wednesday.

“I was very surprised and happy because I wasn’t expecting it,” Smith said of his recent offer from Tennessee.

He said the Vols envision him being a “deep threat” at wide receiver, largely because of his speed. According to his Twitter profile, he claims to have been timed at 4.4 seconds in the 40-yard dash and 6.95 seconds in the 60 meters.

“Coaches are impressed with my size and speed,” said Smith, who’s ranked the No. 131 wide receiver in the 2022 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. “Coach Golesh said that they need a (wide receiver) to take the top off (the defense).”
-Callahan

Yeah Napier is a beast at recruiting WRs so that would be tough pull. He recruited nearly that entire legendary WR crew Bama had

Yeah Napier is a beast at recruiting WRs so that would be tough pull. He recruited nearly that entire legendary WR crew Bama had
Sure would be nice to have someone to throw you the ball though… Napier can’t sell that right now…

If Mullen were still there maybe
We should be able to with Napier there. Dude is going to get his ass rammed in the SEC.

I’ll say it again, dude is just another coach from the Saban tree that will suck in big boy football. He gives off Muschamp, Mcelwain, and Pruitt vibes. If I’m wrong, and I usually am, I’ll eat crow.

We should be able to with Napier there. Dude is going to get his ass rammed in the SEC.

I’ll say it again, dude is just another coach from the Saban tree that will suck in big boy football. He gives off Muschamp, Mcelwain, and Pruitt vibes. If I’m wrong, and I usually am, I’ll eat crow.
Not the same vibes at all. He’s actually been a successful HC

Reactions: LittleVol
He didn’t recruit them. The Bama logo and Nick Saban being the HC there did.

He was a big time recruiter at previous stops so while I would like to agree I can’t deny he is a great recruiter. Coaching wise I have my doubts about his X and O ability

He’s a good recruiter whose favored teams always seem to be in a dogfight which would suggest he out talents teams in his conference. Kinda the less with more approach.

Why do you say that. 110 miles vs 650 miles for game day experience for the family. Love to flip guys like this, and can buy we MIGHT, but ABSOLUTELY SHOULD seems a bit of a stretch.
Well, if it comes down to being close to home or playing in this offense, I know which one he should choose.

VN Store

Back