'22 FL TE CJ Hawkins (Florida commit)

6'7" 220 is thin, too. Tall, but thin. May end up being more of a Washington-type TE. Hopefully he's got some wheels on him.
Don’t know about the kids metabolism but I think this kid is fine, he’s thin for 6’7” but that just means easier to add good weight without taking off a bunch of bad weight.

Don’t know about the kids metabolism but I think this kid is fine, he’s thin for 6’7” but that just means easier to add good weight without taking off a bunch of bad weight.

I’ve never understand the posters who believe high school juniors are too thin. The kid won’t be on campus for a year and a half and may have only been 15-16 when this weight was recorded

I’ve never understand the posters who believe high school juniors are too thin. The kid won’t be on campus for a year and a half and may have only been 15-16 when this weight was recorded
I think it’s just because we’ve been used to needing 245lb tight ends since we ran more of a traditional inline offense. 235-240 is probably a better bet for what our tight ends will weigh in this fast spread. Although I’m sure they’ll still want the H-Back to be around the 245lb range a la Austin Pope. Primarily a blocker that can chip on occasion and roll to the flats for an easy 4-6 yd gain or a creative red zone TD.

I think it’s just because we’ve been used to needing 245lb tight ends since we ran more of a traditional inline offense. 235-240 is probably a better bet for what our tight ends will weigh in this fast spread. Although I’m sure they’ll still want the H-Back to be around the 245lb range a la Austin Pope. Primarily a blocker that can chip on occasion and roll to the flats for an easy 4-6 yd gain or a creative red zone TD.

Sure. But my point is we are talking about a kid who was probably 16 when that 220lb weight was taken.

Reactions: HalfullVol
Sure. But my point is we are talking about a kid who was probably 16 when that 220lb weight was taken.
I know, I agree that with you just offering up why some posters may get concerned over size when it probably came from a year ago or more.

I would have a tall athletic 220 lb TE from high school than a short 245 lb high school TE.

VN Store

Back