'22 FL SDE Venson Sneed (Indiana commit)

Kids honestly shouldn't touch weights till 16 years old.

Push ups and lunges yes. They can start those early.
When you lift weights it CAN begin to slow your bone growth and make it more dense resulting in you not reaching your full potential.
I read a report that was in Men’s Fitness not that long ago that they had a study that debunked a lot of the myth. The doctors involved said that by the age of twelve kids are fine to start lifting weights. That bone growth wasn’t the issue it was more about hand eye coordination and form that were the reason for injuries in young athletes.https://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/how-young-too-young-start-lifting-weights/

Reactions: LittleVol
I read a report that was in Men’s Fitness not that long ago that they had a study that debunked a lot of the myth. The doctors involved said that by the age of twelve kids are fine to start lifting weights. That bone growth wasn’t the issue it was more about hand eye coordination and form that were the reason for injuries in young athletes.https://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/how-young-too-young-start-lifting-weights/
Spartans used to start training intensely at the age of 7, they was one if the world's greatest warriors that we have records on.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
As a youth, I prescribed to the Hershel Walker type of workout. Push ups and sit ups. Oddly enough, I started this at the age of 5 (my father was a SEC RB). At the age of 13, I started working summers doing concrete and stone work with my grandfather. I never touched a weight until the summer before my sophomore year of high school. Once I learned proper form, I was instantly the strongest person on our team at 5'8" 180 lbs. All this just to say that I don't know if kids should lift weights early or not. I just know that putting in the extra work that other people don't pays off. If a kid is putting in the work (regardless of what the numbers say) it should always be encouraged.

You fuggers do realize Sneed will be permitted to be a part of UT’s S&C program when he arrives in KTOWN right?

That’s partially true….. if you don’t have good form than it will lead to injuries…. Which is why I always workout with my son….. he does every exercise the right way.

You fuggers do realize Sneed will be permitted to be a part of UT’s S&C program when he arrives in KTOWN right?
Not if he’s not out cleaning former 135 lb badminton players. 😏 I see a future news release that he’s been suspended from team activities pending further investigation.

H
Sorry. you are 100% wrong.
These old wives tales are not based on any scientific data.
I have a degree in human performance and am a current strength and conditioning coach.

Wow. That was real convincing.
Care to actually EXPLAIN your knowledge about the matter?

VN Store

Back