'22 FL SDE Venson Sneed (Indiana commit)

Congrats to him. He just Power cleaned 50 more pounds than I did in High school when I only weighed 138lbs

Edit: Sorry but this is not impressive for a kid who weighs 240lbs he literally only did 60 more pounds than his body weight….
I'm sure he's aware of that. Maybe that's why he's working on it??

Kids honestly shouldn't touch weights till 16 years old.

Push ups and lunges yes. They can start those early.
When you lift weights it CAN begin to slow your bone growth and make it more dense resulting in you not reaching your full potential.

I'm pretty sure for a guy that is going to be a senior in high school that power cleaning 300lbs is not bad at all.

Reactions: nesbuddha66
Is this where the thread turns into a bunch of middle aged men talking about what they used to could or what they can do now?

Because when I was in high school I could throw a football over a mountain. Weda won state had coach put me in.

Hashtagnoonecares

Is this where the thread turns into a bunch of middle aged men talking about what they used to could or what they can do now?

Because when I was in high school I could throw a football over a mountain. Weda won state had coach put me in.

Hashtagnoonecares

Lol wasn’t really trying to do any of this. Got carried away 😂. Was really just stating I can’t believe the weight program at his School is that bad.

Please read my other posts where I stated I’m not hating on the kid but at his coaches for failing him in the weight program.
Lol..."failing him in the weight program" because he power cleans 300lbs? You're comical.

Lol..."failing him in the weight program" because he power cleans 300lbs? You're comical.

When you have DBs who are half your size out power lifting you. Yes your lifting coaches have failed you. There’s a guy on his own Twitter that he posted who is a 22 recruit at DB who power cleaned 320.

When you have DBs who are half your size out power lifting you. Yes your lifting coaches have failed you. There’s a guy on his own Twitter that he posted who is a 22 recruit at DB who power cleaned 320.

Senior offensive lineman from Clemson power cleaned 325 lbs. Did Dabo fail him?
Screenshot_20210721-222205_Drive.jpg

Reactions: Billy Antrim
Senior offensive lineman from Clemson power cleaned 325 lbs. Did Dabo fail him?
View attachment 381921

You realize he benches 405 and Squats over 500lbs right? I would say if he actually wanted to his Power Clean would be higher. Makes no sense to be able to bench and squat that much but only power clean 325.

Lol anyways Sneed will be a great player and already squats 450. I don’t know what his bench is but if he is over 300lb Bench he can easily do over 300lbs power clean if he has technique

Last edited:
Congrats to him. He just Power cleaned 50 more pounds than I did in High school when I only weighed 138lbs

Edit: Sorry but this is not impressive for a kid who weighs 240lbs he literally only did 60 more pounds than his body weight….
Looks like we’ve got an old-head who’s stuck him high school and thinks he can pull 20 year old girls at the age of 65.

When you lift weights it CAN begin to slow your bone growth and make it more dense resulting in you not reaching your full potential.
Sorry. you are 100% wrong.
These old wives tales are not based on any scientific data.
I have a degree in human performance and am a current strength and conditioning coach.

This is one of the bad things about social media. It gives people we have never met before and probably will never meet the ability to tell us we are doing well enough. Before SM he would have Power Cleaned his 300 lbs, been excited about it, gone back to work to get better, and we would never have known about it. Now he posts it to SM because he is excited and a bunch of people sit around and critic his form and the amount he lifted.

Why don't we focus on the fact that a kid that is committed to come play for us has the work ethic to be in the gym trying to get better instead of running the streets like a lot of kids are. I am glad he is putting in work and can't wait to see how he turns out on the gridiron.

This is one of the bad things about social media. It gives people we have never met before and probably will never meet the ability to tell us we are doing well enough. Before SM he would have Power Cleaned his 300 lbs, been excited about it, gone back to work to get better, and we would never have known about it. Now he posts it to SM because he is excited and a bunch of people sit around and critic his form and the amount he lifted.

Why don't we focus on the fact that a kid that is committed to come play for us has the work ethic to be in the gym trying to get better instead of running the streets like a lot of kids are. I am glad he is putting in work and can't wait to see how he turns out on the gridiron.
You forgot to post your numbers Glitch.....hint: always round up.

That is just false…… my son lifts weights at ten years old…. He loves it

Reactions: OptimusPrimerib
Sorry. you are 100% wrong.
These old wives tales are not based on any scientific data.
I have a degree in human performance and am a current strength and conditioning coach.
it’s ridiculous that people believe that nonsense.

I weigh 195 and I deadlifted 140 lbs 3 times the other day. Am I doing it right?
pre covid worked out at the $9.99 gym. Saw a co worker who felt comfortable enough to give me ****. He poingantly described it as a 'jailhouse workout'.

Covid happened, and Corona Light.

Simple math. 1-1= 0 1+1= 100

that's how losing/gaining weight is in your 40's.

VN Store

Back