'22 FL SDE Venson Sneed (Indiana commit)

Just like Salter? Sorry , have to play devil’s advocate. Salter also portrayed himself very well in HS.
I followed his recruitment fairly close and didn't see anyone say he was "clean cut". I may have missed it.

Did you read the article someone posted in the FB forum? One of his coaches raved about him. He went well past what was required to be "supportive" of your athletes.

I followed his recruitment fairly close and didn't see anyone say he was "clean cut". I may have missed it.

Did you read the article someone posted in the FB forum? One of his coaches raved about him. He went well past what was required to be "supportive" of your athletes.
It was a half joke. The post I was referring to indicated he seemed to be acting mature which I believe is what many here assumed Salter would be like.

Reactions: sjt18
Solid prospect. On offense or defense. Could contribute by RS Sophomore year.

He's going to be needed before that. He looks like a potential EE. If so, they can put 35-40 lbs on him by the '22 season and have him playing.
Like Garland. That's kind of who he reminds me of at this stage. I am pleased with what Garland has been able to do. And he was only a 2 star

Reactions: sjt18
Like Garland. That's kind of who he reminds me of at this stage. I am pleased with what Garland has been able to do. And he was only a 2 star
I think we get hung up on stars too much. This kid is a really good athlete with a frame that can carry more muscle. I'm waiting to be sold a little more on the other commit but I think this guy is a steal.

I think we get hung up on stars too much. This kid is a really good athlete with a frame that can carry more muscle. I'm waiting to be sold a little more on the other commit but I think this guy is a steal.
This kid has a better motor for sure.
Herring seems to be intelligent and it shows on the field. I like his potential MLB. I'm about even on both.

Boom!

tenor.gif

Venson Sneed committed to Tennessee in recent days and while he’s been hot and cold at events this offseason he was outstanding at the Rivals Camp in Miami and this pledge speaks a lot to outstanding relationships built from UCF to Tennessee.

The Winter Park, Fla., three-star defensive end had been talking a lot with Josh Heupel and his staff when they were at UCF and it wouldn’t have been a surprise if Sneed stayed home and played for the Knights. But when Heupel left for Knoxville, the attention stayed the same.

Sneed is an SEC-level player and someone who doesn’t look like he wants to play the recruiting game much more. With his size, physical presence and athletic ability off the edge, he is a nice early addition for the Vols.

- Adam Gorney, Rivals

Was awarded one of the top performers of the Rivals camp in Fl. Finished 5th.

"The recent Tennessee commitment out of the Sunshine State was a force off the edge. The 6-foot-4, 250-pounder has an 80-inch wingspan and his reach was certainly an eye-grabber. Sneed possesses excellent power and has an array of pass-rush moves that pestered opposing tacklers trying to lock their hands in. Sneed has active hands and innate power and could also see reps inside as a 4- or 5-tech down the road."

"The recent Tennessee commitment out of the Sunshine State was a force off the edge. The 6-foot-4, 250-pounder has an 80-inch wingspan and his reach was certainly an eye-grabber. Sneed possesses excellent power and has an array of pass-rush moves that pestered opposing tacklers trying to lock their hands in. Sneed has active hands and innate power and could also see reps inside as a 4- or 5-tech down the road."

Strong kid. Does weightlifting meets.

Sounds like we got a good one. Can't wait until he is on campus and has Coach Garner to take him to the elite level!

VN Store

Back