FL SDE Darrell Jackson

"The biggest things for me is the culture at Tennessee and the coaches," said Jackson. ""I haven't ever seen anything like what it's like at Tennessee. The stadium is amazing, the fans are awesome and it is different up there. I like it there a lot. "Then the communication has been great. I talk a lot with coach Felton and coach Ansley a lot. They always check on me, I like both coaches a lot and they are cool guys. "With what Tennessee is like and the coaching style there, it is just a great place to be."
"I have been watching them play each game on TV and they are playing really well. I watch the full game, but I really try to watch the defense and the defensive line closely. I want to see how the defense is run, how the defensive ends play and things like that. "I like how they are playing right now. The defense is strong and I like the athletes out there." Not all schools have backed off Jackson, a three-star in the Sunshine State. In-state schools like FAU, FIU and Miami are in constant contact. Others like Boston College and Mississippi State are involved too.
"I am still strong to Tennessee right now, but I am still listening to the coaches and hearing them," said Jackson. "Schools are still hitting me up about every day and I am going to learn more about Mississippi State, see what others are saying, but I still have Tennessee on top." His teammate Joshua Farmer is committed to Florida State, and like Jackson, he said his commitment to the Seminoles is "strong" right now, but the two are really hoping to stay together on the next level, so that could be something to watch.
-Simmons

It will be interesting to see what Tennessee's class looks like a month from now with the Vols likely to keep a spot or two open for a potential transfer quarterback or another key position. One player, we don't see in this class is Darrell Jackson. Mississippi State has been coming on strong for him as Jackson has always felt like one that Tennessee would move on from before December.
vq

Tennessee is likely to lose more commitments over the next week or so as they work to get down to a number that allows them to sign a good class but leave spots open for the one time transfers this offseason. Darrell Jackson has gotten plenty of attention from Mississippi State but in talking to folks this week, FSU may have enough open spots to take him.
-VQ

I know it's a long-shot, but if Pruitt could somehow make some magic happen and have a strong end to the season, I can't help but think that the late signing period could be hugely important for this class.
that has to be the hope right now. slim hope...but it's there til it's not.

This has always felt like a young man waiting on the FSU offer. Don’t think it would be a loss to our class at all, although I wish him well.

Slightly OT but FSUs class is pathetic. They’ll never improve even in the ACC with classes like that. And we need FSU to be good because Tennessee’s every best days coincides with a strong FSU. They hurt UGAs recruiting and give UF a fight at the end of the year.

This has always felt like a young man waiting on the FSU offer. Don’t think it would be a loss to our class at all, although I wish him well.

Slightly OT but FSUs class is pathetic. They’ll never improve even in the ACC with classes like that. And we need FSU to be good because Tennessee’s every best days coincides with a strong FSU. They hurt UGAs recruiting and give UF a fight at the end of the year.

I'm a big fan of Norvell. Fingers crossed he can make that happen. Miami too, who is looking better. Anyone who can impact Florida I'm rooting for.

yeah, FSU used to do really well in Louisiana and south GA....and south Alabama....they had a really strong presence down there at one point. kinda like us in NC/SC....

and agreed on DJ...legit FSU offer and he's out.

I'm a big fan of Norvell. Fingers crossed he can make that happen. Miami too, who is looking better. Anyone who can impact Florida I'm rooting for.
I like Norvell but I don't think he will have what he needs to be successful at fsu. That place is worse than UT by far.

I have family that lives in Tally and are FSU die hards. Couple of them graduated from there, and one is in law school there rn

As bad as the fans think we have it here, that football program is in legit shambles. It’s BAD. It might take the right coach a decade to fix it. The entire roster has serious character issues that started from Taggarts recruits, and they’ve since passed on to the new kids. You can’t tell them all to leave either because it’s basically the entire roster. Plus the inability to land a QB. They just had one leave them for Ole Miss. They’ve had serious issues with landing good offensive linemen too. Highly ranked Florida kids barely even look at them any more. Georgia, Auburn and Miami are getting most of the guys they usually always got. Which we’ve contributed to that some, too ( Wideman, Rucker)

I feel like we're right in there with FSU, Texas, Michigan, etc... TN is probably the worst when you take fan expectations into account. This is not a good job right now. I respect Pruitt for the way he's handled so far...at least for the most part. Whoever fixes TN, if anyone ever does, it's going to take time.

Reactions: yourstruly23
I feel like we're right in there with FSU, Texas, Michigan, etc... TN is probably the worst when you take fan expectations into account. This is not a good job right now. I respect Pruitt for the way he's handled so far...at least for the most part. Whoever fixes TN, if anyone ever does, it's going to take time.

Whoever it is will be a damn legend

You mean beating teams your supposed to and competitive with our rivals? I think that’s most fans expectations and they are realistic. It doesn’t take ten years to build a program. Hire a proven coach and we win 8-10 by year two or three.

VN Store

Back