FL SDE Darrell Jackson

Pulling Zachary would be monumental. Really hope TID is a silent and Malone with mad size and skill in both sports ends up UT, also. Add Page, even without Zachary and that's a hell of a DL haul. Give me 2 out of a 4 and I will be happy. Still think UT keeps Jackson, maybe wishful thinking, but I think he is the kinda kid that stays loyal
Yep, 2/4 of those plus who we’ve got in Evans, Washington and Bell. Satisfied

Zachary: Coveted Edge Rusher Khristian Zachary Feels Like 'a Priority' for Tennessee, Sets Decision Date

Page:
View attachment 294974
TID: dude has been a silent to us for months, just likes attn. He was going to commit to us until UGA or USCe leaked his intention so now he’s playing this long game/building suspense

Malone: between A&M, Ole Miss or us. We’ve got football and baseball on him, no reason to think we can’t pull him.

Also, if we’re talking quality, Darrell Jackson is the least of ours worries. Sure he grew a lot in a year, but it’s not like he’s some talent we can’t live without. The staff liked him, but that doesn’t meant they won’t tell him to look elsewhere. See Nate Evans.

We’ll get several quality guys, and we do lose a lot on d line after this season. But the cupboard isn’t exactly bare. Emerson, Savion, Garland, Mincey, Simmons, Omari, DomBailey, Perry, Baron will all be there in 2021, and there’s a lot of talk of French or Eason growing into a DE since they’re already heavy enough.
Lets just chill with the BVS because the #630 ranked player might decommit
<sigh> I appreciate the optimism, and I'm not trying to be pessimistic, but why hope for a player the coaches currently want to decommit to make room for players we don't yet have? That's the point I've made. If we get Page, awesome. If we get TID and/or Malone, that's great. But until we actually have to worry about room, I'm not going to wish for this kid to decommit. That's just absurd IMO. We all want players like Page, TID, Malone, and Zachary to commit, but until they do, we don't have them. So let's keep the bird in hand for the time being.

Probably gonna need a red shirt year and several years to develop, but you can’t help but like his maturity and root for the guy after reading that article.

Frame: Unusually long with a thin and wiry frame. Has room to add weight and will need to do so on the next level.

Athleticism: Shows a quick first step at times from the three-technique though has plays where he is late off the ball. Has length and play strength, but needs to learn how to play with lower pad level. Hips seem to be loose.

Instincts: At the point in his playing career where he’s just see ball, find ball. If the pad level is fixed, he could be of much more use on the next level. He redirects down the line of scrimmage well, but is inconsistent with his first step.

Polish: There’s certainly a lot to clean up in terms of technique. He’s playing with all athleticism and attributes at this point. He’s built like a wiry defensive end, but has been asked to play the 3-technique, which could hinder his immediate impact at the defensive end position that he will need to play based off his frame.

Bottom Line: This is a “trust the measurables” type of football player. There’s plenty to clean up with Jackson, but that’s only good news for Tennessee fans. He will only get better upon arrival in college, and it’s not too shabby at this point. Pad level and weight gain is where the improvements start no matter where he lines up.

SI All-American Candidate Darrell Jackson Highlights and Evaluation

Frame: Unusually long with a thin and wiry frame. Has room to add weight and will need to do so on the next level.

Athleticism: Shows a quick first step at times from the three-technique though has plays where he is late off the ball. Has length and play strength, but needs to learn how to play with lower pad level. Hips seem to be loose.

Instincts: At the point in his playing career where he’s just see ball, find ball. If the pad level is fixed, he could be of much more use on the next level. He redirects down the line of scrimmage well, but is inconsistent with his first step.

Polish: There’s certainly a lot to clean up in terms of technique. He’s playing with all athleticism and attributes at this point. He’s built like a wiry defensive end, but has been asked to play the 3-technique, which could hinder his immediate impact at the defensive end position that he will need to play based off his frame.

Bottom Line: This is a “trust the measurables” type of football player. There’s plenty to clean up with Jackson, but that’s only good news for Tennessee fans. He will only get better upon arrival in college, and it’s not too shabby at this point. Pad level and weight gain is where the improvements start no matter where he lines up.
SI All-American Candidate Darrell Jackson Highlights and Evaluation
Good for him that he has been gaining good weight.

Reactions: VOLSONLY

VN Store

Back