FL SDE Darrell Jackson

His ranking could have taken off if there were camps. Hopefully game has shown the same growth when/if he gets on the field this fall
Hopefully he sticks, I would bet he is not done growing. Need all the big DL, Jeremy Pruitt style.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Hopefully he sticks, I would bet he is not done growing. Need all the big DL, Jeremy Pruitt style.
Don’t see why he wouldn’t stick considering I’m sure he knows we’ll be thin on the d line after these seniors are gone

Reactions: lenoxvol
Don’t see why he wouldn’t stick considering I’m sure he knows we’ll be thin on the d line after these seniors are gone
Because pressure from other schools seeing how he is growing. I'm sure he is going to have more college's going after him. He has transformed his body and looks like a beast.

Because pressure from other schools seeing how he is growing. I'm sure he is going to have more college's going after him. He has transformed his body and looks like a beast.
He has come a long way, but doesn't look to be as physically developed as many kids his age at this point. Some of that may be the 6'6" frame and long arms. Still like the kid as a prospect, but think he is a guy who will need a year or two in the system to play more than just third and long

Oh yeah, no doubt of that. He’s growing huge

He has come a long way, but doesn't look to be as physically developed as many kids his age at this point. Some of that may be the 6'6" frame and long arms. Still like the kid as a prospect, but think he is a guy who will need a year or two in the system to play more than just third and long
Not physically developed for Kid’s his age. Are you serious ? Like soneone posted earlier , he has turned into a beast.

Reactions: valoisvol
Is Miami throwing around cash again? There's nothing about going there that is a business decision unless you are a DJ.

I hope they are. Clemson needs some competition. That conference is so awful it’s embarrassing.
They have to be selling them on playing nobody. I know we had our fair share of bad losses, but Miami had a joke of a schedule and finished 6-7. They ended the season losing to FIU, Duke, and La Tech. I believe that speaks to a culture problem. It might not take much work to get up to 9-3, but they have a much further way to go than us to become a legit team.

Supposedly on flip watch as reported in the recruiting thread.

We need some attrition in the class to take some other guys. I’m not gonna lose sleep if he wants to go to Miami.
We need the right attrition. Unless we have another couple of DL guys ready to jump in the boat, we don't need to lose this guy. And speculation seems to have most of our current DL targets leaning away from us.

They have to be selling them on playing nobody. I know we had our fair share of bad losses, but Miami had a joke of a schedule and finished 6-7. They ended the season losing to FIU, Duke, and La Tech. I believe that speaks to a culture problem. It might not take much work to get up to 9-3, but they have a much further way to go than us to become a legit team.
They got blanked by La Tech IIRC

Reactions: Paper_Towel
We need the right attrition. Unless we have another couple of DL guys ready to jump in the boat, we don't need to lose this guy. And speculation seems to have most of our current DL targets leaning away from us.
? Evans and Washington at DT, in the top two at for Page, in the top 2-3 for Malone. Bell at DE, top 2 for TID, at least top 2 for Zachary. No reason to think we’re not going to get the guys we want

Reactions: norrislakevol
? Evans and Washington at DT, in the top two at for Page, in the top 2-3 for Malone. Bell at DE, top 2 for TID, at least top 2 for Zachary. No reason to think we’re not going to get the guys we want
Page is projected to Clemson. Malone is projected elsewhere atm as well. Might depend on a visit, and we have no idea if that'll even be allowed this year. As far as TID goes, I expect it's BVS, but some are speculating he'll choose UGA. And Zachary is an Edge, IIRC. So yeah, I think there is some reason to question whether or not we'll get some higher rated guys. As for "who we want", at least at the moment, the staff wants this kid, otherwise they wouldn't have taken his commit. We lose a lot after this season on the DL, so we need several quality guys to keep up the rotation.

Reactions: ChiTownVol
Page is projected to Clemson. Malone is projected elsewhere atm as well. Might depend on a visit, and we have no idea if that'll even be allowed this year. As far as TID goes, I expect it's BVS, but some are speculating he'll choose UGA. And Zachary is an Edge, IIRC. So yeah, I think there is some reason to question whether or not we'll get some higher rated guys. As for "who we want", at least at the moment, the staff wants this kid, otherwise they wouldn't have taken his commit. We lose a lot after this season on the DL, so we need several quality guys to keep up the rotation.
Zachary: Coveted Edge Rusher Khristian Zachary Feels Like 'a Priority' for Tennessee, Sets Decision Date

Page:
264B1393-5B75-4152-AE83-CD404EB5B42E.jpeg
TID: dude has been a silent to us for months, just likes attn. He was going to commit to us until UGA or USCe leaked his intention so now he’s playing this long game/building suspense

Malone: between A&M, Ole Miss or us. We’ve got football and baseball on him, no reason to think we can’t pull him.

Also, if we’re talking quality, Darrell Jackson is the least of ours worries. Sure he grew a lot in a year, but it’s not like he’s some talent we can’t live without. The staff liked him, but that doesn’t meant they won’t tell him to look elsewhere. See Nate Evans.

We’ll get several quality guys, and we do lose a lot on d line after this season. But the cupboard isn’t exactly bare. Emerson, Savion, Garland, Mincey, Simmons, Omari, DomBailey, Perry, Baron will all be there in 2021, and there’s a lot of talk of French or Eason growing into a DE since they’re already heavy enough.
Lets just chill with the BVS because the #630 ranked player might decommit

Zachary: Coveted Edge Rusher Khristian Zachary Feels Like 'a Priority' for Tennessee, Sets Decision Date

Page:
View attachment 294974
TID: dude has been a silent to us for months, just likes attn. He was going to commit to us until UGA or USCe leaked his intention so now he’s playing this long game/building suspense

Malone: between A&M, Ole Miss or us. We’ve got football and baseball on him, no reason to think we can’t pull him.

Also, if we’re talking quality, Darrell Jackson is the least of ours worries. Sure he grew a lot in a year, but it’s not like he’s some talent we can’t live without. The staff liked him, but that doesn’t meant they won’t tell him to look elsewhere. See Nate Evans.

We’ll get several quality guys, and we do lose a lot on d line after this season. But the cupboard isn’t exactly bare. Emerson, Savion, Garland, Mincey, Simmons, Omari, DomBailey, Perry, Baron will all be there in 2021, and there’s a lot of talk of French or Eason growing into a DE since they’re already heavy enough.
Lets just chill with the BVS because the #630 ranked player might decommit
Pulling Zachary would be monumental. Really hope TID is a silent and Malone with mad size and skill in both sports ends up UT, also. Add Page, even without Zachary and that's a hell of a DL haul. Give me 2 out of a 4 and I will be happy. Still think UT keeps Jackson, maybe wishful thinking, but I think he is the kinda kid that stays loyal

VN Store

Back