FL RB Trey Sanders

It is amazing how hard headed people are. They just can't let go of some stars that were put on kids when they were 16-18 years old. This kid is buried in the depth chart at Alabama and we got fans that immediately think he would come in and be our best RB. Why? Because they have seen it? No it's only because he had high recruiting rankings and Alabama took his commitment. That's it.
Small and Wright wouldn’t start for any other SEC team.

That's less than 5 ypc. People have to try not being enamored by that former 5* tag. The kid has had multiple injuries and has not been the same as his former #1 RB in the country ranking.
Stars aside tho.. it’s tough to dismiss any discussion as it relates to our current stable of back but by no means am I saying that we should go “all in” here. This speaks to our desperate need to have/want a high caliber back as RB1

Stars aside tho.. it’s tough to dismiss any discussion as it relates to our current stable of back but by no means am I saying that we should go “all in” here. This speaks to our desperate need to have/want a high caliber back as RB1
If we're going to get a portal RB, I'd rather it be someone proven or without a history of bad injuries. Granted, one of his incidents was a really bad car wreck.

If we're going to get a portal RB, I'd rather it be someone proven or without a history of bad injuries. Granted, one of his incidents was a really bad car wreck.
Agreed. Like I said in the last post, not screaming for “all in here” although one could make the case for Sanders but lawd we need to continue to develop/upgrade that room

Reactions: KptVFL and bigl3327
Sanders is 4th string there because he is injury prone. But he’s as talented as anyone there not named Gibbs. He would be our most talented rb.

Reactions: HawkVol2213
I’ll take the players who can turn five yard runs into 20 yard runs and are a threat to score every time they touch the ball.
I respect him for working hard and shutting his mouth. Never any drama with Small. May not be the best back but he is a good kid. The others should be starting in my opinion but he does deserve our respect for playing through injury.

It is amazing how hard headed people are. They just can't let go of some stars that were put on kids when they were 16-18 years old. This kid is buried in the depth chart at Alabama and we got fans that immediately think he would come in and be our best RB. Why? Because they have seen it? No it's only because he had high recruiting rankings and Alabama took his commitment. That's it.
This is not untrue, but Kamara was buried on that Bama depth chart as well. I just assume our coaches know a lot more than we do, so I'm fine with whatever they decide. It'll be interesting to see what RBs hit the portal.

Reactions: KptVFL
This is not untrue, but Kamara was buried on that Bama depth chart as well. I just assume our coaches know a lot more than we do, so I'm fine with whatever they decide. It'll be interesting to see what RBs hit the portal.
Actually Kamara was second string his freshman year during fall camp and got injured. When he came back from the injury, they were into the season and he wasn't really given a chance to get into the rotation so he acted out. His lack of maturity at the time caused a rift with him and Saban, so he transferred to a JUCO.

Reactions: KptVFL and Orange.
He shouldn’t even be the starter here. Wright and Sampson are both better backs.

Wright would be a monster if not for his ball security issues. Sampson has great potential but I wouldn't put too much stock in him gashing a half-dead Mizzou D. Small is simply the most reliable all-around back right now.

VN Store

Back