'19 FL RB Noah Cain (Penn State signee)

This was a RB that I hope we landed back then coming out of HS, would love to see him come here, we need more big fast physical dudes.

Reactions: jakez4ut
He would thrive in this offense, but there are bigger needs than RB. Small, Wright, and Williams will be a good committee. Also I’m not sure why, but for some reason I see Jimmy Holiday playing the RB/slot role going forward
I’d still like to see an older, bigger back

He would thrive in this offense, but there are bigger needs than RB. Small, Wright, and Williams will be a good committee. Also I’m not sure why, but for some reason I see Jimmy Holiday playing the RB/slot role going forward
And Dylan Sampson…..I like this dude

Reactions: jp1
But he’s still going to be a freshman.. hope he does contribute this year though
This isn’t an ordinary freshman and RB is probably the easiest position for a freshman to contribute immediately at

Attachments

• D11CCF31-22AB-4001-B012-C02F3081249B.jpeg
    D11CCF31-22AB-4001-B012-C02F3081249B.jpeg
    287.9 KB · Views: 13
Aug 7, 2021: Penn State's Noah Cain Is Healthy and Ready to Run Again

Jan 12, 2022: What happened with Cain? Why wasn't he able to live up to the potential he showed in 2019? The KISS (keep it simple stupid) answer is that Cain never recovered from the unfortunate and very untimely season-ending leg injury he suffered on the first series of the season at Indiana in 2020. Had he been healthy that whole season, who knows what he might have accomplished? Still, Cain was excited about his return during the 2021 season, and claimed he was back to being fully healthy.

But clearly he wasn't the same running back. That was evident early on in the season, when he showed little explosiveness and was tentative running the ball. He lost the starting job to Keyvone Lee and wound up having a very disappointing season. He rushed for just 350 yards on 106 carries (3.3 ypc) and had four TDs.

Was Cain really healthy? And that question means both physically and mentally. There was never any indication early on that he was still physically banged up. The way he was running, however, made it appear that he wasn't fully mentally over his injury. He didn't attack on runs, didn't explode into holes and just seemed unsure of himself....It's possible Cain wasn't 100 percent physically this past season. But again, from this perspective, it looked like a lot of the issues he was having came down more to lack of confidence or uneasiness or something mental.
What went wrong with Penn State RB Cain, who's now in transfer portal?

Reactions: VolByLaw

VN Store

Back