'20 FL RB Marvin Scott (Nebraska commit)

For whatever MaxPreps' rankings are worth, Spruce Creek faced 5 of Florida's top 75 teams last year.

RB - Marvin Scott, Spruce Creek: The junior adapted seamlessly to 8A football, dominating opponents after returning from an early-season injury. Scott, who already claims offers from Kentucky and North Carolina among others, rushed for 1,226 yards and 16 touchdowns.
Mainland, FPC, DeLand reign supreme in 2018 All-Area football

He started the previous 3 seasons (8th-10th grade) @ Warner Christian in South Daytona, rushing for 4,779 yards and 44 TDs.
Marvin Scott's (South Daytona, FL) Football Stats | MaxPreps

Folks at the opening that looked better than their rankings and offer lists at Orlando Opening:
"Running back Marvin Scott, of Port Orange Spruce Creek, is beyond jacked. Players as muscled as he is typically do not shine in non-padded camps, but the 5’9, 205-pound workout warrior showed some legitimate moves and burst. Scott claims offers from Kentucky, Wake Forest, and Louisville, but has no star rating.

Florida’s loaded with QB recruits, plus other notes from Orlando

Port Orange (Fla.) Spruce Creek 2020 running back Marvin Scott III was an absolute tank of a specimen, a battering ram with nimble feet, he’s quick and it showed in cat and mouse drills against linebackers. He was one of the more decisive and exciting runners in the competition portion. West Virginia and Wake Forest are among the programs to offer Scott who looked capable of playing anywhere in this setting.
Top Performers: The Opening Regional Orlando
👀

The 5-foot-9, 205-pound Scott said the Vols "for sure" will be in his top five after they extended a scholarship offer to him on Saturday, and he "most definitely" plans to visit them as he moves toward his college decision. Scott said he was pleasantly surprised by the offer from Tennessee, which joined Kentucky as the second SEC team among his 25 current offers. He said he hadn't heard from the Vols before their director of player personnel, Drew Hughes, reached out to him Saturday to inform him of the offer.

"They’ve had interest, but I didn’t know, so it was out of the blue, kind of. But they watched my film and extended an offer," said Scott, who's ranked by 247Sports as the No. 620 overall prospect and No. 46 running back in the 2020 class. "They told me they loved the film, and I'm SEC style." He was thrilled to hear the news. "It was a great. My reaction was priceless," said Scott, who also holds offers from Michigan, Nebraska, North Carolina, Duke, Central Florida, Virginia Tech, West Virginia, Louisville, Purdue, Georgia Tech and Wake Forest, among others. "Had a big smile on my face and told everyone."

The Vols have told him they like that he's "strong, fast and physical" in his running style, he said. He was timed at 4.54 seconds in the 40-yard dash in February at The Opening Regional in the Orlando, Fla., area. While Scott never has been to Tennessee's campus, he said he has "heard a lot" about the Vols and their "great football tradition. I’ve heard about the atmosphere and the great football players," he said.

Scott said he hasn't talked with second-year Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt's staff about when he might try to make the trip to Knoxville, but "we’re setting it up" soon. UCF and Florida International are the only two schools he has visited so far this year, he said, but he's hoping to begin visiting some of his top choices in the coming weeks. He said he plans to make his college choice "in a month or two."

4.54 - 40 but built like a tank and gets yac. No real mystery in how the staff sees this guy being used.

Reactions: butchna
I don't remember what Chubb's HS tape looked like, but I remember that one pic of him limbering up at a track meet and for a vertical jump, his feet were like 4ft off the ground. He was an absolute freak.

Chubbs HS tape was unreal. Again, I am not saying this guy measures up to Chubb but I see some similarities. One is the way this guy hits the hole. I really hope we land him.

Reactions: MCScots4

VN Store

Back