'22 FL RB Jaylon Glover (Utah commit)

Many believe Florida State is the front-runner for Glover and that he will end up in Tallahassee with Lakeland (Fla.) Lake Gibson teammate
Sam McCall
. That is still a real scenario but after his visit to Tennessee the rumor is the Vols are very much involved.

Glover sees the new coaching staff turning the corner for this program and he could be a vital part of an offense that should move the ball around a lot. That’s tempting but more visits will be coming up.
Rivals

giphy.gif

A five foot seven inch back is not on my want list. Our history with them is that they are not every down backs, even though a RB needs to be an every down back. When a small back enters the game, defenses tend to know how they are used and key on them. Remember Pig? I know somebody here will argue about this, with names and all. I don't care. I do not remember small backs working for us and do not want to waste a scholarship on another one.

A five foot seven inch back is not on my want list. Our history with them is that they are not every down backs, even though a RB needs to be an every down back. When a small back enters the game, defenses tend to know how they are used and key on them. Remember Pig? I know somebody here will argue about this, with names and all. I don't care. I do not remember small backs working for us and do not want to waste a scholarship on another one.
Not in this offense

Reactions: griddie
Do RBs in this offense have to block or not?
From the videos and articles that I have read on this offense…… not a lot…… we will run a lot of play action, RPO’s, and plays where the RB is involved in the passing game…I’m sure they block some but not nearly as much as in some offenses.

At UCF…. Both his main running backs weighed less than this guy in high school…. Speed in the open field will be at a premium in this offense.

From the videos and articles that I have read on this offense…… not a lot…… we will run a lot of play action, RPO’s, and plays where the RB is involved in the passing game…I’m sure they block some but not nearly as much as in some offenses.

At UCF…. Both his main running backs weighed less than this guy in high school…. Speed in the open field will be at a premium in this offense.
As long as they try to block it’s an upgrade. That was a big issue with Gray

Travis Stephens was 5'8 190 lbs...

As Billy Beane says, "We're not selling jeans here."

“Glover has a lot of connections to Florida State, and the Seminoles are high in his recruitment. A recent visit to Tennessee went well, and he likes the offensive vision there. But South Carolina really impressed him this past weekend, and the four-star running back loved the culture and being around the players in Columbia. Those are going to be huge selling points, plus Glover feels he can make an early impact.

The commitment of Jyvonte McClendon to the Gamecocks this past weekend won’t be a major consideration for Glover’s decision, though. After all this was said and done, Glover received a Florida offer on Wednesday that could change the entire scope of his recruitment, but it’s too early to say the Gators move right to No. 1 so soon.”

VN Store

Back