'22 FL RB Jaylon Glover

HoleInTheRoof

Mr. Congeniality
“It was really neat to actually see these guys and see this place in person,” Glover said Sunday morning. “It’s big to actually see them in person and understand what they are saying. I spent time with coach [Josh] Heupel and coach [Jerry] Mack and watched some film with them.

“It was cool. Sometimes in recruiting, you don’t often see what’s real or fake. I feel like meeting this staff, they kept it 100 percent with me.”

The Sunshine State native was mesmerized at the sight of Neyland Stadium and was very impressed with Tennessee’s facilities while in town over the weekend.

“It was so beautiful and it was huge,” the running back said of the stadium. “I liked walking through the tunnel where all the guys come through. It was neat being in there Friday night and watching the coaches instruct the guys who were there.

“All the facilities were really nice. Everything was beautiful. Me and DeMario Tolan were comparing it to other campuses.”
“Coach Mack’s message to me was that I can bring something different to the roster. I can flex out and am very versatile,” the 2022 prospect said. “I could have a shot at making an early impact, they said, if I come in and maintain that versatility.

“The coaching staff said they only have one guy on the depth chart that can do it all and that he’s at the top. Hearing that was very appealing.”

Glover has a busy month ahead of him. He’ll make official visit stops at South Carolina, Georgia Tech, Florida State and Utah over the next few weeks. He’ll also check in with Florida on Tuesday and Georgia next week, unofficially.

The goal is to announce a commitment late July or early August before school and football season begins.

“The visit this weekend was really good. Coach Heup and his staff treated me very well and I could tell talking to the players that the culture has changed here,” Glover concluded. “I enjoyed how the coaches were active and walked through drills with the players at camp. I enjoyed everything – Tennessee did a great job.

“This visit also give me a steppingstone for what’s to come. I’ll be looking around on my other visits to see if that place offers some of the same things Tennessee does. It definitely gave me a scope of what I need to ask and look for moving forward.”
- VQ

This kid is the #1 want at RB this class.

Maxwell865

Vol 4 Lyfe
“It was really good,” he told GoVols247’s Ryan Callahan on Sunday morning. “Coach Heup and the staff, they treated me well. Just everything, even talking to the players, the culture has changed and Tennessee is beautiful. I was with DeMario Tolan that came on an OV, he was like, ‘Man, I was just at Clemson and this is now up there or even better than Clemson.’ It was fun, enjoyed it and definitely Tennessee did a great job.”

Glover has been on virtual tours of Tennessee's campus and the surrounding areas prior to his visit, but said he was impressed by the setting at Neyland Stadium and noticed how Knoxville is a more attractive city than he was expecting.

“Just going to Neyland and seeing the stadium,” he said, “beautiful, big, and just walking out of the tunnel where the guys come through is very neat.
“The city really did surprise me,” Glover added. “It was really neat. For it to be a college town, it had a lot of nice stuff. I thought it would be maybe one or two stores, but it’s a really nice city, that really surprised me as well.”

During his visit, Glover spent most of his time with Mack, Tennessee's running backs coach, and Matt Merritt, a senior offensive analyst for the Vols who helps Mack with the running backs, and liked what they told him about his game and how he could make an impact for the Vols.

“Their message to me was to their roster, they say I bring something different, because I can flex out, I’m very versatile,” Glover said, “so they said I could bring something different team that I could have an instant impact.”

Though he didn't participate in Friday night's camp at Neyland Stadium, Glover said he kept an eye on how Mack coached the running backs and particularly liked how active he was and how he was “not just telling them what to do, they’re going to walk through it.”

Finally able to interact face-to-face with coaches he's talked to for months virtually while the ongoing dead period continued, Glover liked how Tennessee's coaches “kept it real” with him and were authentic in their time with him.

“In-person, it’s a different deal, especially just to see and actually (get a) feel for somebody, see what they’re saying, actually understand,” Glover said. “Talking to both of them, watching film, it was really cool. I enjoyed it. It was just real. It felt real. I mean, in recruiting you could have that where you don’t know what’s real or fake, but I really feel like meeting this staff and being with them, they kept it 100 with me the whole trip.”

Glover has four more official visits scheduled over the next few weeks to South Carolina, Florida State, Georgia Tech and Utah. He also plans to take an unofficial visit to Florida this week and Georgia the following week. He kicked off his busy schedule by visiting nearby South Florida early last week after the recruiting dead period was lifted.
When he goes to those other campuses, he'll be comparing them to what he saw and heard at Tennessee ahead of his planned decision, which he said could come in July or August prior to the start of his senior season.

“It gave me like a stepping stone to where a lot of stuff that went through the visit and heard about and learned about, when I’m going on my OVs, that’s some of the things I like,” he said. “Do they have the same things and what do they have to offer. It definitely gave me a little scope of what I want to ask questions on my next (visits).”

Before heading to those other visits, Glover revealed what stood out most to him about Tennessee and what will keep the Vols in the race for him.

“Culture, definitely the culture and me being able to bring something new to the depth chart,” he said. “They said they only got one guy on the depth chart that can do that and he’s the No. 1 guy right now. They said if you could do that, come and bring your versatility, you’ll have a good shot at making an impact for us. That’s very important.”
-Callahan

jasonvol18

Who's that #1 RB?
Was wondering the same thing..Has to be either Evans or Small. Think those 2 will both have really good years this season and will compliment each other well. Didn't mind losing Chandler, do wish we could have kept Gray but if it's true about him getting money, then he probably wouldn't have been able to play here anyway. I'm actually more excited about Evans and Small than I was of Gray and Chandler. Really believe Evans and Small will have big years starting this fall. Could be the 2 best RB's we've had since Hardesty, Riggs,Houston and Foster. They both could give opposing DC's nightmares trying to defend. If nothing else, we should be fun to watch offensively this season.

SweetasSoda

Captain of the Cheerleaders
Was wondering the same thing..Has to be either Evans or Small. Think those 2 will both have really good years this season and will compliment each other well. Didn't mind losing Chandler, do wish we could have kept Gray but if it's true about him getting money, then he probably wouldn't have been able to play here anyway. I'm actually more excited about Evans and Small than I was of Gray and Chandler. Really believe Evans and Small will have big years starting this fall. Could be the 2 best RB's we've had since Hardesty, Riggs,Houston and Foster. They both could give opposing DC's nightmares trying to defend. If nothing else, we should be fun to watch offensively this season.
Agree. Excited about Wright also.

VN Store

Sponsors